KXIP need to sack Ashwin as captain

mancalledsting

Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)

• Sack him immediately
    • Give him until end of the season and reasses
    • Definitely keep him long term

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Far from being a fabulous captain. He was made to look good due to brilliance of Mujib with the ball. The only game Mujib did not play, he looked pedestal. Making hundreds of changes does not make one a good captain. He tries too many things as evident from his bowling - legspin, carrom ball, arm ball, stop ball and finally cant ball. Similarly he is trying too many things in captaincy as well.

I am a fan of Ashwin, but at present he is at the same level as Bhajji as a bowler, if not worse.  Its high time he focuses on his off spin...else he will be out of the test team also pretty soon.

Ashwin as a bowler is a joke now. I am sick of his bowling these days.

As a captain, he is good. 

I watched all games and i can say that his tactical moves were on dot, changing from one game to another according to game situation. 

He is equally good at attack and defense... Using pacers and spinners. 

There were 1-2 games where some of his moves were not great (more due to testing) but overall he has been very good on the field. 

I used to think he was overselling the bowling unit when he said kings were winning due to their bowling attack but as the games went by, he turned out to be right. 

All those runs by Rahul and Gayle ensured we got par scores. Not even once did we get an above par score in this ipl. Ashwin even defended a below par score against Delhi.

When Rahul and Gayle didnt score big, we scored way below par which guaranteed loses. 

Look at the games Ashwin lost:

1. Kings bowled out for 150 against RCB in Bangalore on a not so tough track. Still took the game to the last over helped by RCB's ineptness.

2. Kings putting a below par score against MI in indore where chasing teams win most of the times. 

3. Kings failing to chase 130 against SRH. Lost by 15 runs. Even if 1 bat from middle order clicked, it was a winnable game. 

4. Kings failing to chase 150 against RR inspite of Rahul heroics cos no one apart from Stoinis could reach double figures. Rahul 95...Stoinis 11.... Rest single digit..this was a bit unlucky game for kings where pitch went rogue in 2nd innings.... Ashwin did make some mistakes by trying stoinis in first over but RR did get a lovely track to bat for 6 overs after which things got tougher. Even Buttler was struggling and it wasnt spinning as much as it did in 2nd innings.

5. Kkr - bowling derailed. Still could hav made a game but no one from middle order stepped up. 

6. RCB - batting derailed

Same trends almost every game. 

Middle order doesn't score and game tilts too much. 

Edited by sensible-indian

Tye and Mujeeb have been fantastic but the rest hav been absolute liabilities.

Rajpoot apart from 2 games has been thrashed.

Barinder Sran had one great over against DD. 

Mohit... Lol. 

Ashwin and axar wicketless support cast. 

Moreover, most games there was no 6th bowler to limit damages so these liabilities had to be bowled.

If not for Tye and Mujeeb, Kings would have been languishing at the bottom.

Edited by sensible-indian

18 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Far from being a fabulous captain. He was made to look good due to brilliance of Mujib with the ball. The only game Mujib did not play, he looked pedestal. Making hundreds of changes does not make one a good captain. He tries too many things as evident from his bowling - legspin, carrom ball, arm ball, stop ball and finally cant ball. Similarly he is trying too many things in captaincy as well.

I am a fan of Ashwin, but at present he is at the same level as Bhajji as a bowler, if not worse.  Its high time he focuses on his off spin...else he will be out of the test team also pretty soon.

Bhajji is much much better t20 bowler than Ashwin. How are they at the same level? 

18 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

abey dimag hai ya dhakkan. The mujeeb you are talking about bowls all those balls too. Bowling all those variations does not make Ashwin bad. Mujeeb did play that 245 game and he too got thrashed.

and dont fool us.  You are no fan of Ashwin.  you are a fan of Bhajji.

Edited by rkt.india

If Ashwin wants to create a legacy he needs to forget his IPL dream and sign a 5 year contract with a county team. He has already delivered good performances in 2 WCs, 1 CT and 2 WT20s...nothing else to prove in shorter formats. Besides he is never coming back in these 2 formats with so many prospects ahead in line. If Ash can have a few good overseas matches (in SA he bowled very well btw, plain unlucky that 6 catches were dropped off his bowling in Cape Town) and another good home cycle he is a legit Hall of Famer IMO. If only he can put his legacy above $$$, he will retire as a legend. Right now he's going nowhere. 

I would very much like it if Jaddu can also do the same but highly doubt it because there are some debts to be paid to the CSK crooks, besides I believe Dhoni is bisexual so even his needs need to be fulfilled and unless a better alternate pops up Dhoni isn't letting his lover go. 

P.S. Last para j/k, Dhoni chamchas shanti se baithe raho

Edited by Gollum

On 5/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, The Realist said:

Building a team around retirement home escapees is asking for trouble.

There's a reason the old man is known as Chris Fayle.

Yuvraj Singh has been Yuseless since circa 2014.

Add that to a dire middle order, mediocre oversees players & trundlers who regularly get smashed and its a surprise they are not near the bottom of the table. It's a horribly constructed team. 

What a post :hatsoff:he failed when they had to deliver got out for a duck today.