We don't care about T20 cricket, says Indian coach Ravi Shastri !!!

velu

40 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Loads of big names. Many of whom are established in the Test side. Surely if you didn't care you'd be picking a team of youngsters or lesser known players. Surely you have the depth of talent to do this being the biggest cricketing nation on earth?

But you are the UK would you like to see a second string side i thought not. Guess bcci if anything is giving respect to an other big cricketing nation thats all.

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

What do you want him to do, if Indian batsmen become tailenders the moment they see some green on wickets.I have not seen anything which he has done so wrong.

He is far better than Kumble in IMHO.

i am not talking about test cricket. This thread is about T20 and only talking about that. He says they dont care about T20 cricket, still they play main team in T20s most of the times,

11 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not a fan of this guy as coach but bilateral t20's are a joke. Restrict it to World Cups and franchises. Tests and ODI's are priority for the national team and that's how it should be.

NO game of cricket is a joke at international level.  You will be first person to jump the cricketers of they fail in those bilateral.

T20s will keep in check the number of ODIs played. You don't want to see the boring 7/5 match ODI series. I like what they have done with the ENG tour schedule. 3 T20s, 3 ODIs and 5/4 Test matches. That's just perfect. 

But you want to see the youngsters play in T20 internationals, which is where the fans are losing interest with the Indian setup as they mostly stick with the has-beens. 

37 minutes ago, Lannister said:

T20s will keep in check the number of ODIs played. You don't want to see the boring 7/5 match ODI series. I like what they have done with the ENG tour schedule. 3 T20s, 3 ODIs and 5/4 Test matches. That's just perfect. 

But you want to see the youngsters play in T20 internationals, which is where the fans are losing interest with the Indian setup as they mostly stick with the has-beens. 

Someone has put in so much effort to remain in the t20 setup and you call him has been:p:,lol Shastri overlooked all the effort and pain that "one"went through all this ipl,won the title yet they say we are not serious about the format...i say Fire Shastri:hysterical:

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

NO game of cricket is a joke at international level.  You will be first person to jump the cricketers of they fail in those bilateral.

Much assumption is not good friend. You will not find a single post of mine that attacks the players for losing a T20 at the international level or the franchise levels. I would gladly only rookies for our T20 side especially bowlers if it means that our players can give it their all in tests and important tournaments. 

Shastri is a good punching bag for Indian fans but BCCI needs to clean its cobwebs. It needs to

1. replace Shatri with someone genuine coaches like Moody or Fleming.

2. Put Kohli on point that he cannot select players he likes or Sajdeh likes. His selection needs the best players to win.

3. Destroy the influences of player agents like Sajdeh who are into money making rather than winning.

All of this money comes from our pockets don't forget that. If international t20s are played and India doesnt care about them as Shastri says, it needs a whole new set of young players like Pant and not the senior gang like Dhoni, Kohli, Dhawan and Rohit. In our last tourney, we were fielding an A team in Sri Lanka with Rohit, Dhawan and Karthik. I would suggest removing these 3 also. Thats what Australia and England are doing. We may have the regular players and the best performers in t20 international for the t20 wc.

Shastri is a good punching bag for Indian fans but BCCI needs to clean its cobwebs. It needs to
1. replace Shatri with someone genuine coaches like Moody or Fleming.
2. Put Kohli on point that he cannot select players he likes or Sajdeh likes. His selection needs the best players to win.
3. Destroy the influences of player agents like Sajdeh who are into money making rather than winning.

All of this money comes from our pockets don't forget that. If international t20s are played and India doesnt care about them as Shastri says, it needs a whole new set of young players like Pant and not the senior gang like Dhoni, Kohli, Dhawan and Rohit. In our last tourney, we were fielding an A team in Sri Lanka with Rohit, Dhawan and Karthik. I would suggest removing these 3 also. Thats what Australia and England are doing. We may have the regular players and the best performers in t20 international for the t20 wc.

Well, India has won a lot of T20s with These oldy gang.

Also , Moody / Fleming are good coaches but they will inevitably clash with Kohli/Sajdeh.
They are actual coaches who want to win tourneys and won't say yes to Sajdeh's marketing agendas.
Also, I have actually heard rumours that Selections are completely done by Sajdeh , Kohli and Dhoni.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Someone has put in so much effort to remain in the t20 setup and you call him has been:p:,lol Shastri overlooked all the effort and pain that "one"went through all this ipl,won the title yet they say we are not serious about the format...i say Fire Shastri:hysterical:

He is just butt hurt since they kept him out of this year's IPL. Yeah "the one" you are referring to became popular by bashing around his favorite trundlers. His magic won't work in International Cricket, even he himself knows about that. 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i am not talking about test cricket. This thread is about T20 and only talking about that. He says they dont care about T20 cricket, still they play main team in T20s most of the times,

He said we don't care but if selectors and players want to play T20s, what can he do.Only Kohli, Bhuvi and Bumrah are players who are affected  as they play all three formats. 

No player other than Kohli is assured of their place in the team so they will not take rest. They know if someone else comes in and performs their place is gone. We saw what happened to Ashwin and Jadeja.

If players want to play what can coach do.