Is sacred games... Hinduphobic?

Temujin Khaghan

Talking about sacred games wrt the topic of OP I would definitely want to point out one odd thing to be noticed in the series, we know the discussion between Banti and Gaitonde and other Trivedi and all which was ok, as per the year of story we can assume the gangster, hardliner hindus would have talked like that but why did Anurag did not showed what was discussed between chota badariya , bada badariya , Suleiman . What language they were using against Hindus. 

So you emphasize on Hindu Muslim saying it is a bad thing. Ok I got that , then you showed quite low level language used by Hindus against Muslims and how he killed 80 muslims in one night. Ok might be possible but then where is the other side. What exactly was Suleman saying when he was killing Hindus. Your intentions like typical Indian liberals are doubtful Mr Kashyap. Your presentation is like one side is victim and other oppressed. 

On 7/26/2018 at 9:27 PM, Vilander said:

Meh anurag sucks..:eyedance:

Never been a fan of his work.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:29 PM, Vilander said:

Still the serial is made now. Book might still be original. Basically What i said above bolly ape wood sucks.

Twist it how you want to, but Sacred Games has nothing to do with The Hunger Games. You are plain wrong there.

Sacred Games doesn't have much to do with Bollywood either.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:22 PM, Temujin Khaghan said:

@Mariyam

There is something called precedent. For a Sarkar character there has to be someone like Thackeray and for mallik in company there is a dawood Ibrahim.

many of the imbecile Indian politicians are Hindu and make a series with nawazuddin playing a Hindu politician exploiting the poor and I won't complain at all. 

But there are characters in sacred games series where in the 90s, Hindu gangsters of Bombay harass and torture Muslims just because of communal hatred. Further, there is this entire conspiracy of Hindus orchestrating the  blasts so that they can retaliate on Muslims? Wth?

Do you deny that Anurag kashyap doesn't have agenda???

P.S. edited after @coffee_rules corrected a plot point in my post.

Look, Sacred Games is based on a book. The plot in the book had Hindu gangsters helped by certain segments of the establishment orchestrate blasts and what no. This isn't Anurag Kashyap's or Vikramaditya Motwane's idea. He hasn't changed the plot line. He's embellished certain characters. 

Generic response to you, @Gollum @coffee_rules

The Shiv Sena under the garb of "Hindu" gangsters harassing Muslims after the blasts/riots part was a reality. Shiv Sena used to extort money from Muslim businesses and commercial establishments. This was a practice that went on for a few years after they came in power, post the riots. If you are to keep aside all religious biases and look at this objectively; the Shiv Sena and Dawood did pretty much the same thing for the longest period of time. Extorted money from people, took contract killing 'assignments', settle disputes. This is till the riots. Then each started targeting the 'other' as fair game. Shiv Sena went on to win elections and form the government. Hence their extortion had some quasi legal backing. So what the show portrays may not be very outlandish wrt 90s.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, coffee_rules said:

Read my response in previous post. AK has turned Anti-BJP and hence Anti-Sangh/Anti-Hindu by association in recent years since he became an AAPite or since BJP is in power. He was not so blatantly biased before (during Black Friday days). It could be a move so he gets campy and gets into the mainstream film-makers who are basically biased against hindus. His bad guys are usually a sanghi looking character (Mukkabaaz). I have had interactions with him on FB when he turned this mode on and called him out, only to be blocked. 

Am I missing something? In your previous post you've just quoted me and said nothing. :confused: 

Main stream film makers are basically biased against Hindus? I don't think so at all. Can you further elucidate?

If anything, the portrayal of Muslims is very caricature like, even from the Muslim film makers.

Kashyap's USP is that he isn't main stream. Why would he want to get cozy with the main stream and lose his edge?

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

If anything, the portrayal of Muslims is very caricature like, even from the Muslim film makers.

this is agree .. universal in all indian movies

repeating this .. rajni will always have a muslim friend who will end up giving his life for rajni and rajni will take revenge in the end :p: 

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Am I missing something? In your previous post you've just quoted me and said nothing. :confused: 

I had put the spoiler alert hidden.

Main stream film makers are basically biased against Hindus? I don't think so at all. Can you further elucidate?

It is subtle in older movies, and nowadays more blatant with movies like Mukkabaaz, Shaheed, etc.  This video says it better.

Kashyap's USP is that he isn't main stream. Why would he want to get cozy with the main stream and lose his edge?

Kashyap is a sell-out for some, he is as main-stream as Karan Johar now. Ever since he became anti-establishment he is very popular among film makers (talking about limelight, coverage in MSM, etc.)

On 8/1/2018 at 11:15 AM, Mariyam said:

Generic response to you, @Gollum @coffee_rules

The Shiv Sena under the garb of "Hindu" gangsters harassing Muslims after the blasts/riots part was a reality. Shiv Sena used to extort money from Muslim businesses and commercial establishments. This was a practice that went on for a few years after they came in power, post the riots. If you are to keep aside all religious biases and look at this objectively; the Shiv Sena and Dawood did pretty much the same thing for the longest period of time. Extorted money from people, took contract killing 'assignments', settle disputes. This is till the riots. Then each started targeting the 'other' as fair game. Shiv Sena went on to win elections and form the government. Hence their extortion had some quasi legal backing. So what the show portrays may not be very outlandish wrt 90s.

:facepalm:

On 8/3/2018 at 8:13 PM, Gollum said:

:facepalm:

The D Company and of the Shiv Sena mirrored one another in their formative years. Both began as extortion gangs, under the garb of various ideologies/ fronts. And immediately after their genesis, as ground necessities dictated, the D Company was more inclusive than the Shiv Sena. 

Of course, Dawood later turned a traitor and an accomplice to mass murder, and a major security threat. Many Shiv Sena leaders were found guilty by the Srikrishna Commission and yet went on to hold portfolios in the state government. 

Do you contest any of this?

Edited by Mariyam

Well it certainly makes muslims look like the victims. I wonder if any Pakistani or Bangladeshi directors make their minorities look like victims in their media?

I personally miss the days of border and gaddar. Bollywood has become pro-muslim in the last 10 years.

Even though there have been muslim actors for many years in bollywood they never had muslim characters in bollywood films. Unfortunately that has changed so much.

3 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Well it certainly makes muslims look like the victims. I wonder if any Pakistani or Bangladeshi directors make their minorities look like victims in their media?

I personally miss the days of border and gaddar. Bollywood has become pro-muslim in the last 10 years.

Even though there have been muslim actors for many years in bollywood they never had muslim characters in bollywood films. Unfortunately that has changed so much.

It is Gadar.