Rohit should lead our WC19 campaign?

4 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Not so long ago Jadhav was in your fab4 :phehe:

Yup but hey opinions change. I am willing to look past his fileding provided his bowling is legitimate. Still has questions about his batting against good teams but he's better than rayadu Karthik and thaliavali without a doubt. And we are missing part timers anyways. He can be handful.

India in recent past have had a fragile batting order. This has been one of the biggest reasons why we have lost so many games. Only two guys who have been most consistent have been Kohli and Rohit. Kohli is batting well under captaincy pressure, his record proves that. Rohit is performing well when he has no pressure. We don't want poor starts in the world cup with Rohit having extreme amount of pressure as a captain.

Changing captaincy now might impact India negatively in terms of getting the best out of Kohli and Rohit in a big tournament. Kohli and Rohit have been focused a lot on their batting and enjoying their respective role. I think that should continue.

I would stick with Kohli as captain for 2019 and we can go on from there.

The way Rohit's career has been managed, it is bound to happen at some point. Virat is biggest star atm and deservingly, but any dip in his form or teams failure under him, the obvious replacement for everyone is Rohit. Virat is just clueless, this guy is exact opposite.. Never seen him make one wrong move which can hurt his image, an absolute nobody not some one you should mention in the same sentence as Virat, but for average fans and media hes in the same class or may be even better. How did this happen? 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

India in recent past have had a fragile batting order. This has been one of the biggest reasons why we have lost so many games. Only two guys who have been most consistent have been Kohli and Rohit. Kohli is batting well under captaincy pressure, his record proves that. Rohit is performing well when he has no pressure. We don't want poor starts in the world cup with Rohit having extreme amount of pressure as a captain.

Changing captaincy now might impact India negatively in terms of getting the best out of Kohli and Rohit in a big tournament. Kohli and Rohit have been focused a lot on their batting and enjoying their respective role. I think that should continue.

I would stick with Kohli as captain for 2019 and we can go on from there.

Only guy consistent in big games is Dhawan. Virat hasnt been the same in ODIs past 2 years, in fact we haven't chased a decent total mainly cos of that. Rohit was never a big match player. 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Only guy consistent in big games is Dhawan. Virat hasnt been the same in ODIs past 2 years, in fact we haven't chased a decent total mainly cos of that. Rohit was never a big match player. 

Different definition for big games for all. Big game player is not defined by scoring in one big game or not scoring in one big game. If someone doesn’t score in finals or semi finals but scores in other games leading to the world cup, thats big performance too. For example game against Pak or Aus or South Sfrica or England.

Example of Tendulkar failing in final but performing well in other games leading to it would be appropriate. Same thing for Kohli like he did aginst Pak in 2015 which was big too.

On his day Dhawan is good and will start in the Indian line up because o( the reason you me’tioned, but just fyi, big games are also the regular top featured games leading up to the final. Yuvi failed in the big match too like against Pakistan in the semis, but was a top player through out leadingnup to that. Kohli similarly failed in 2015 wc playoffs, but was vital in our LOI tournaments like champions trophy or even in t20 tournaments. So I consider him a big game player who has just failed in certain big games like any top player would.

So going back to topic, we can’t appoint Dhawan as captiai of course but we can’t be appointing Rohit at this time. Let him bat freely like he does. Kohli likes to bat with captaincy pressure and Rohit is doing better without much responsibility as captain. Post world cup, we can see if we need a change, but for now, I will keep things as is as captaincy is concerned. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No not four but at least play 3 when you know your all round fast bowler, Pandya, is also injured and hence your opening bowled will need a back up fast bowler in case Bumrah has a bad game. 

I would play 3 pacers but how can you drop jadeja after having such great game? I can see him getting dropped now though.