Pathetic middle order is an understatement

Laaloo

What this pathetic middle order did yesterday will put pressure on rohit and dhawn in the finals, thing or two (negative thoughts) will constantly surround their mind  especially if we are batting second with more than 250+ to chase, eventually restricting them from free flowing approach.  Just no solidity and compatibility in this middle order brittle af even against part-timers.

Tbh I fear the worst I fear a champions trophy repeat :sad:

As many of us "negative" fans have been saying for some time now, this is a weak ass middle order. This team will keep getting exposed more and more against good bowling teams. If the top 3 ends up getting out cheaply we will struggle to put up a good score or struggle to chase 260+ scores. Not much time left to strengthen this weak middle order. Hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the ass during crucial matches in the WC.

16 minutes ago, Mosher said:

As many of us "negative" fans have been saying for some time now, this is a weak ass middle order. This team will keep getting exposed more and more against good bowling teams. If the top 3 ends up getting out cheaply we will struggle to put up a good score or struggle to chase 260+ scores. Not much time left to strengthen this weak middle order. Hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the ass during crucial matches in the WC.

top 3??? I'd say lets wait on Rayadu.. spots 3-6 is still soft for us. 

19 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

if anything last match showed us its not the batsmen rather how we have managed them is the difference , KL and Rayudu who sucked down the order gave us the best start in this asia cup in PPs , try opening with Pandey/DK/Jadhav we will still get good starts  and I will bet Pant will fail too if he plays at 5/6 .

Pant has mostly played at 5/6 for his IPL team. But it's true top order batsmen will find it tough to bat in the middle-order. The only possible solution is for Kohli himself to take responsibility at #4. But the captain is too chicken sh!t, refuses to let other players to take his spot and succeed. He is not a team man and this guy is a captain. 

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Pant has mostly played at 5/6 for his IPL team. But it's true top order batsmen will find it tough to bat in the middle-order. The only possible solution is for Kohli himself to take responsibility at #4. But the captain is too chicken sh!t, refuses to let other players to take his spot and succeed. He is not a team man and this guy is a captain. 

Thats too harsh on Kohli... He was invariably our best bet for chasing.

Jadhav showed a few glimpses of a finisher during the england tour of India.Lets see how he shapes up

2 hours ago, motomaverick said:

Kohli would walk straight into #4.

We need to have Rahul at #3.

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

That will solve a lot of problems and Kohli has a stellar record at 4. But will he let go of the no.3 position? 

I know that many people will say ... why change something that is working so well   (  Kohli at 3  )

but

As we are tied with a poor lower-middle order for the time being, we need Kohli at 4 to bat with them, guide them and take the team to safety.

Team comes before person.

Kohli at 3 would make us too top heavy with no top batter after that.

Edited by express bowling

In a tournament like WC, This scenario will come up, i.e. we will have 2-3 wickets gone very eqarly in one of the game

Kohli is a class. but can we not rotate 3-4 between Rahul and Kohli.

I do not want Kohli to suffer but just for a small time, We can try Rahul at 3 and Kohli at 4 whenever there is a early wicket.

My reasoning for that is as soon we get our openers back in pavalion along with Kohli, Match is over.

I don't think Rayudu is the best player for us at number 4. Almost all of Rayudu's good knocks have come against weak opposition. He struggled against Australia back in 2014-15, and nothing seems to have changed since then. He is a total liability in the field and does not offer anything with the ball either. There are a lot of better alternatives. Hopefully Shubman Gill is given a go in the next ODI.