It’s the right decision to leave out MS Dhoni: Ajit Agarkar

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Some of the hatred that Dhoni is receiving is based on him playing for CSK. One needs to know how to discern and identify this. 

The hate stems from the fact that he shows more commitment when playing for mama than he does for india. You will see him diving around and even jumping if the ball is 10 feet over his head in IPL. But look at the first odi, the guy didn’t even try. And don’t get me started on the intent. We have seen so many innings of dhoni in the last 4 years where we could have easily won if he had shown more intent.

16 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Looks like you are dreaming...give me any other fast bowler during his time or before having 250 wkts and 27 AVG.Also he won an overseas test on the back of his bowling which dhongi never had.

Avg in an ODI is not the same as a test average. You could give up 80 runs and pick up 3 wickets and end up with 27 avg. But is that good enough. He was never a strike bowler and a leader of a pace attack like Bumrah today or Srinath or Zaheer in his heyday. Just one test LOL. That too in which Dravid scored 220 and 70*. Again we are talking about ODI stats here. His test AVG is 47+ :laugh:

Are you a new ID of sachin bhakts we see around here. You sure smell like it.

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Avg in an ODI is not the same as a test average. You could give up 80 runs and pick up 3 wickets and end up with 27 avg. But is that good enough. He was never a strike bowler and a leader of a pace attack like Bumrah today or Srinath or Zaheer in his heyday. Just one test LOL. That too in which Dravid scored 220 and 70*. Again we are talking about ODI stats here. His test AVG is 47+ :laugh:

Are you a new ID of sachin bhakts we see around here. You sure smell like it.

His stats are better than Srinath and zaheer on any parameter. No surprise you are Dhoni chela who has started posting video of long retired bowler batting ability coz he called out your Malik.:phehe:

37 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Indians in India care too much about where a player is from.

Pick the best XI. Who cares where they came from.

Someone told me I must be from Mumbai because I like Sachin. I couldnt care less if there was no players from Mumbai in the team.

Funny thing is state based lobbying of players is around for years (not like other states are sanskari alok naths) and Mumbai may have clout in the past but not much now tbh. Today if you have talent you will get opportunities in Indian team. Some may get more favour from captain and hence get more chances likes of Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma, Jadeja, K L Rahul etc...

On 1/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, Vilander said:

Some of the hatred that Dhoni is receiving is based on him playing for CSK. One needs to know how to discern and identify this. 

Any player who shows more commitment towards his club than country would be despised. Imagine sachin or dravid or kohli performing better, showing more intent for his club and lying about the betting owners, the owner interfering and firing a selector who questioned the player and think how you will feel

1 hour ago, CSK Fan said:

Imagine sachin or dravid or kohli performing better, showing more intent for his club and lying about the betting owners, the owner interfering and firing a selector who questioned the player and think how you will feel

I won't 'feel' anything in any case, esp based on assumptions it's good to base decisions on facts. 

I think its sad that fans are turning on Dhoni, but its his own fault. I still havent forgiven Yuvraj for losing that T20 Final v Sri Lanka.

Dhoni tactics to win a game are fine for low scores and inferior opposition. They dont stand a chance against superior teams and chasing above par scores.

Ironically Dhoni's slow and careful batting would have been great for the Australian test series.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, Laaloo said:

The hate stems from the fact that he shows more commitment when playing for mama than he does for india. You will see him diving around and even jumping if the ball is 10 feet over his head in IPL. But look at the first odi, the guy didn’t even try. And don’t get me started on the intent. We have seen so many innings of dhoni in the last 4 years where we could have easily won if he had shown more intent.

Dude think of a honest answer. 

Csk vs Pakistan who would you support.  No surprises I guess. 

It's a rhetorical question the point is you are emotionally involved in this,you hate CSk so hate Dhoni irrationally as someone who helped csk become what it is.  You just jump from one justification to another to try and validate yourself. It's futile any discussion between you and I, I go for facts over emotions.  

15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I think its sad that fans are turning on Dhoni, but its his own fault. I still havent forgiven Yuvraj for losing that T20 Final v Sri Lanka.

Dhoni tactics to win a game are fine for low scores and inferior opposition. They dont stand a chance against superior teams and chasing above par scores.

Ironically Dhoni's slow and careful batting would have been great for the Australian test series.

How donyou win game against Superior team. More often then not Superior team will beat you. Its just that MSD doesnt give up so easy sonhe becomes eye sore and reason for loss.

It's a rhetorical question the point is you are emotionally involved in this,you hate CSk so hate Dhoni irrationally as someone who helped csk become what it is.  You just jump from one justification to another to try and validate yourself. It's futile any discussion between you and I, I go for facts over emotions.  

That’s nice easy choice. Pakistani over csk any day of the week and twice on fridays.

I won't 'feel' anything in any case, esp based on assumptions it's good to base decisions on facts. 

The fact he plays better for csk is not an assumption though. Or that he lied about mayippan being a cricket enthusiast. Or that the chief selector was removed by csk head who was also the bcci head using his discretionary power which has never happened in cricket history 

I was a CSK supporter, still do sometimes. I agree with some of what @Laaloo says as I've observed the same for a period of time - particularly about Dhoni. He fails to even make an attempt at some of the difficult catches in international cricket...Didn't play any domestic cricket for 2 months..but feels entitled to be a part of the team...rests himself selectively for India but plays the whole IPL season (most other players do too). Didn't give a **** about test cricket but held onto his position and dragged the team to depths. In short, he thinks he's bigger than the team/system, some fans believe the same too...and has created a clout for himself. Above all, he bullies young players when he can't handle it. What's there to like about Dhoni. The guy never gives up, I give him that - but with all the fame and power he's not the same person what we (atleast I) thought he was.