“Leave India,” Virat Kohli Tells Fan Who Like Foreign Batsmen More Than Indian Batsmen and the tale of Sachin and his Ferrari

22 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

no one is perfect, but saying one should seek different nationality if they don't like the home-grown batsmen masquerading as the national team while playing for a private monopoly called BCCI, is a much lower, gao-walla disdain for fellow human thats not even comparable. 

saying 'gtfo my country' to someone over a sport is a much lower class thinking than evading tax, i am sorry. 

Hear! hear!

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Delhi high court did not think so. They made sure the duty was paid.

stop twisting facts. Delhi high court did not hold Sachin liable. They simply upheld the tax for the item- which was payable by the party applying for the imported object. This is basic knowledge, basic import chain logistics. In simple terms, someone in India wanted to give Sachin a very expensive 'videsi' gift, Sachin was like 'wohoo!' but this twerp forgot/tried to dodge paying the tax. Why the fook does that have any positive or negative impact on Sachin's character, is beyond me. This literally has nothing to do with Sachin and those who are saying he is a tax cheat are either grade-A morons or liars. 

On 11/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, beetle said:

No....

Evading tax means robbing the citizens of the country of services that the tax would have been used for.

Using stupid harsh words ...specially by a person not in power to do anything ( like a dictator ,or ruler) are just stupid harsh words. 

Sachin didn't evade taxes. That is an unfair allegation.

The Monk who sold hid Ferrari <-This thread has an over view of the case.

Sachin go a gift. A gift ill suited for Mumbai roads. It was Pramod Mahajan (member of the then ruling NDA alliance and a Union Minister), who told Sachin that he would get a tax exemption if he requested for one. Sachin did that, got the exemption.

A PIL was filed and a media led controversy ensued. 

Referring to England's recent match against Pakistan, Hussain moaned: "It was disappointing to see a sea of green shirts with the names of Pakistani players instead of ours. It reminded me of when we played India at Edgbaston in the World Cup in 1999. It was like an away game because so many people supported their side."

So next time, Nasser Hussain should have called gtfo to all supporters

11 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Why the fook does that have any positive or negative impact on Sachin's character, is beyond me.

beyond you is not hard enough fact to discount it. Sachin did apply for removal of duty, which was not granted. It reflects on Sachin clearly, mr i want an expensive ferrari but wont pay duty on it. lol. 

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

It was Pramod Mahajan (member of the then ruling NDA alliance and a Union Minister), who told Sachin that he would get a tax exemption if he requested for one.

awwwwww.... so someone forced ( some one who is dead and can not defend himself) Sachin to ask for an exemption. Otherwise Sachin being a exemplary citizen would have doubled down and payed the duty and been in a reverent position while doing so, he just asked for an exemption cause some one told him her will get it if he requested.. blame 'some one'. 

ok.

Edited by Vilander
12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

beyond you is not hard enough fact to discount it. Sachin did apply for removal of duty, which was not granted. It reflects on Sachin clearly, mr i want an expensive ferrari but wont pay duty on it. lol. 

it does not,since it was not a purchase but a gift. If someone gifts me something that has a humongous tax on it, i too will ask for duty clearance or the gifter to pay for it - again, why is it my responsibility to pay duties on something that is being GIFTED to me in the first place ?!

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

it does not,since it was not a purchase but a gift. If someone gifts me something that has a humongous tax on it, i too will ask for duty clearance or the gifter to pay for it - again, why is it my responsibility to pay duties on something that is being GIFTED to me in the first place ?!

owner or purchaser or customs broker in that case exclusively is liable to pay import duty, its the law. It changes for no one. Sachin can ask for exemption on it , it was rightfully declined and after a wrap in his knuckles he ran home back with tail in his back and asked the firm to pay the duty - which btw is there to provide income to Indian govt and provide a competitive advantage to local manufacturer. Sachin wanted to circumvent and prevent income to Indian govt and take back the local auto industries competitive advantage in effect, Delhi court saw this and made sure he got a lesson for a life time. All is good now.

Edited by Vilander
15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

owner or purchaser or customs broker in that case exclusively is liable to pay import duty, its the law.

Tendy was not the purchaser or the custom broker, neither was he the owner technically, since the title papers were not transferred to him either. 

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

It changes for no one. Sachin can ask for exemption on it , it was rightfully declined and after a wrap in his knuckles he ran home back with tail in his back and asked the firm to pay the duty - which btw is there to provide income to Indian govt and provide a competitive advantage to local manufacturer. Sachin wanted to circumvent and prevent income to Indian govt and take back the local auto industries competitive advantage in effect, Delhi court saw this and made sure he got a lesson for a life time. All is good now.

LOL at competitive advantage to Indian manufacturer. Stop talking bakwaas, there is no competitor to high end luxury sporting vehicles for Ferrari in India. Its simply a luxury goods tax, which many nations have. 

Sachin was being gifted something - anyone recieving a gift is fully within their moral rights to ask for tax exemptions, as it beats the whole purpose of recieving a gift. The gifting side recognized their error and paid the import tax, like they should've in the first place. 

Accuse Sachin if you can show he purchased something and then wanted tax exemption for it.