Holes in world cup squad

vvvslaxman

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Apart from Kohli, Rohit, Dhawan  and   Bumrah Kuldeep, Chahal   ...  the rest of the team members are either poor or average.

And Chahal has to be kept out for including an all-rounder.

So ...  apart from top 3 batsmen ,  1  pacer  and  1 spinner  ...  all the rest are potential holes in the ODI 11.

basically this. 5 players (albeit very good ones) and 6 crap ones. pretty clear this is one team not winning the WC.

Problems with dhoni isn't restricted to his pathetic batting only.

He is the reason why we don't see pant in Odis

He is the reason why side is filled with csk hacks like raydu, jadeja.

He is the reason why we see trundlers like khaleel, kaul, chahar in odi teams.

There are so many holes with dhoni alone in the odi se-tup.

Trust me dhoni is the bigger rat, kick him out and 90% of the holes will be filled.

Like how we have rejuvenated our test side.

Do we even have a squad? Jadeja was out of favour just 6 months back, now Chahal’s career is in a limbo. Kul-Cha have been the most successful bowling pair in last 18 months while all pacers other than Bumrah have sucked. So what did we do? Dropped Chahal. Between aggressive and defensive bowlers, our preference is always to go for containing bowlers even though it’s keeps biting us back.

likewise in batting, DK got his chances, sucked. Jadhav did decently with bat and ball but suddenly Jadhav gets dropped for DK because DK hit a couple of 20s inT20s.

We have the worst fielding unit among all countries and play a brand of cricket which is boring.

Rayudu is unreliable in SENA. He did the same thing before last WC.Scored runs in Asia & failed completely in Aus.Looks like history will repeat again.

Jadhav's fitness is dodgy.The more he bowls,he will be easier to pick apart.His bowling will be unnecessary in England.If spinners are needed,Jadeja should take his place.He can bowl full quota as 6th bowler.

No 4-7 are liabilities. Karthik did well in T20s.

Khaleel is not good enough. Shami should take his place.

I want Pant & Shaw in WC squad.

Pandya,Bhuvi,Jadeja & Ashwin are the only all rounders we have.Rest all are unreliable.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mere bhai u always need backup for every situation, others team have that we dont. U cnt go with Plan-A only 

There is one more scenario apart from injury and thats is a bowler getting a whacking, Wc is eng and those pattas any one can have a bad day

Now I would be concerned about bowler having a bad day and I truly don't know the option in that case.

That is why I recommend BCCI invests heavily on Analytics as baseball does. That takes debates and the values of players out of discussions and mathematical models assist in making the decision. Baseball has really cut down on errors and their fielding placements are incredibly accurate to account for all the bats. BCCI needs to do that.

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I sincerely hope they do not send a SOS for Pant or other younger batsmen. Send Manish Pandey for Rahul. 

Let this middle order play the 7 ODIs and 3 T20s. Will get thoroughly exposed like today. Pant, Gill and Shaw should then be picked for the LOI series vs Aus in end Feb.

Oh yeah, not another accumulator.

Edited by Clarke