Rajasthan Royals to have Pink Jersey now

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why exactly is Jaipur called the pink city?

None of the monuments are pink. Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, parts of Amer Fort, Choki Dani are all of red sandstone. 

I suspect the British to be behind this sinister attempt at taxonomy.

The jerseys look wonderful btw. Going to support the royals as my second team after :mi: as long as they wear this. 

The downtown has always been Gulabi.

Hawamahal is considered as pink too.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Best would be a white jersey with white wrist bands, same colour as the ball. 

yeah, kxip had pinkish gradient at the bottom of the jersey's already...blended into very  light grayish trousers.  

kxip should copy arsenal blue jersey now

91UL2wrRcHL._UX342_.jpg

1 minute ago, PBN said:

yeah, kxip had pinkish gradient at the bottom of the jersey's already...blended into very  light grayish trousers.  

kxip should copy arsenal blue jersey now

91UL2wrRcHL._UX342_.jpg

This looks like the jersey version of Rani Mukherjee's sari from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

The Jaipur Kabaddi Team itself has a stupid name, Pink Panthers ( Pretty sure that is copyright infringement/IP :fear1: )

Anyway, for such a useless team, Pink color is good. They are embracing the suck fully. :laugh:

I can't wait to see Karate Kid and Kaptain Kangaroo lead this bunch to scores of 120-8 batting first and getting all out for 88 chasing. :yess:

Not to derail the thread, but since some people mentioned the national flag, I can't help myself, so putting this regarding the national flag, in the spoiler below. 

Spoiler

The Indian National Flag is a version of the Congress Party Flag, which was designed in the same way as the national flag, Saffron-White-Green. FWIU, the Green in the Congress Party Flag did represent Islam 

Road to Pakistan: The Life and Times of Mohammad Ali Jinnah

B.R. Nanda

flag2.png

Nehru himself is quoted to have said that Green in the national flag represents Muslims/Islam in 1937 only.  

Reverence, Resistance and Politics of Seeing the Indian National Flag

Sadan Jha

flag1.png

The 1st PM himself contradicts the notion that the idea was made up... One can say that the color may have taken a different meaning some time after 1937, I'm not sure, but to assume that people were making it up isn't really true.

Edited by Tibarn
1 hour ago, Clarke said:

About time. I've royally owned some morons who tried to pass a gay reference over a light pink shirt I would wear once in a while. It's ridiculous the color of the outfield is also ignored in IPL.

Another thing that annoys me from day one is the name MI. Just because you got ambani money doesn't mean you're more Indian than the rest to carry it in your name. 

Gay or not. Pink doesn't look good on men especially if you are well built and have great beard, moustache and then you wear light pink. :phehe:

Mumbai Indians is a passable name. Neither outstanding nor bad. It's just your hate for ambani's money makes you think it's bad. Majority don't have ambani like riches. Life can be hard. It's fine. 

Edited by Pollack
15 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Gay or not. Pink doesn't look good on men especially if you are well built and have great beard, moustache and then you wear light pink. :phehe:

Mumbai Indians is a passable name. Neither outstanding nor bad. It's just your hate for ambani's money makes you think it's bad. Majority don't have ambani like riches. Life can be hard. It's fine. 

Depends on the type of pink. A good light pink formal shirt or a polo shirt doesn’t look too bad. This is gaudy pink.

15 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Just a little after Kemp's corner, below the flyover and just before the Italian Consulate , there is this huge billboard of Kartik Aryan in a light pink Shwerwani, modeling for Millionaire. I think he looks amazing in it.

34 minutes ago, Pollack said:

It is the least innovative name of all teams. Sounds more like an address. City name country name in that order.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Haha, anyone who questions bambai or ambani is jealous of them according to pollac-kar. Ambaniji also defines what looks good on men for the bambai-kars :phehe:

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Haha, anyone who questions bambai or ambani is jealous of them according to pollac-kar. Ambaniji also defines what looks good on men for the bambai-kars :phehe:

Cylinder's another ID? :phehe: kudos for maintaining anonymity from real ID if indeed.  :hatsoff:

BTW I wear pink formal shirts to office many times and so do many people. That doesn't change the fact that pink is a very difficult color to pull off by men. Ask any male fashionista, he would admit the same.  And the one in op is god damn awful.

Edited by Pollack