How to Deal a party which use anything to gain vote ?

test fan

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You don't need to become Pakistan to beat Pakistan.  I disagree with this line of thinking.  Leaders do not need to break the rule of law or feed the prejudices of debased ignorant people in order to win elections.  

I hate Congress, they disgust me as a political party, but can you deny the fact that Indira Gandhi-led India bitch-slapped Pakistan into 2 pieces?  

And as far as Modi is concerned, even if we put aside the muslim issue with him, he has flattered to deceive as an administrator.  He has made poor economic decisions, and not delivered on some very possible issues, where progress was really low hanging fruit. 

Just for clarification, i'm not a Modi bhakth.

The way he's treated my state of "Andhra Pradesh" when it comes to giving us a "Special category" status is repulsive and disgusting. He's a politician through and through. Of course, he's underperformed if you look at his promises.

I just believe that he's far better for the country than the alternative i.e Rahul Gandhi who wouldn't get a basic entry level job if we only consider his intellectual capabilities. Modi is the lesser of the two evils IMO.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Harsh truth. I always thought of Shiv Sainiks as thugs\hooligans but today understand that they are a necessary evil. 

People treat such necessary entities harshly, take them for granted, push them around, mock/insult, preach goodness and high level gyan. But when such an entity ceases to or doesn't exist, then only is their absence noted and missed. Imagine the plight of the border states of Assam and Bengal. People feel like outsiders in their own homes and villages, something that wasn't the case 40-50 years back. Those who preach and take a high moral stance in these matters have never lived through the experience. 

Shiv Sena isn't a national level party, they have some local presence especially in urban Maharashtra. Despite their faults can't say they didn't provide a balance especially during peak underworld days. In Kolkata a minor girl is kidnapped and kept hostage in a particular area, police under Didi refuse to retrieve her, HC orders them and they still don't....official reason is it will disturb communal harmony (I can present the court order if you want). So are we now supposed to give up our minor girls to some groups to maintain fictitious values the liberals proselytize. Ask them to take the initiative, else eff off with the virtue signaling and moral posturing. 

Edited by Gollum

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its funny, I hear the same often from my non-gujju Indian work friends.  There's one guy from Hyderabad who is a yyuge Modi fan.  

Doesn't necessarily have to be Modi, but a strong figure who doesn't mince words or maintain political correctness. Neither does that person need to be a dominant alpha player, even a decent presence in the political scene can bring genuine grievances forward. Look at Kerala's political history, they had the left, the far left, the extreme left and extreme extreme left....no balance. Tamil Nadu in that sense has been more lucky because the forces are more balanced, same with many other states. 

Sandeep Bhai, Supreme Court didnt find anything wrong with Modi. Lets not keep passing judgement again and again.

That too under a system created by 70 year old Congress rule.

I was in Ahmedavaad at the time. Personally, I didn’t find any issues. CRPF/Army never reached. I was in Hindu area. There was no police. On Muslim side, there was few police guarding.

my last comment on this issue

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

People treat such necessary entities harshly, take them for granted, push them around, mock/insult, preach goodness and high level gyan. But when such an entity ceases to or doesn't exist, then only is their absence noted and missed. Imagine the plight of the border states of Assam and Bengal. People feel like outsiders in their own homes and villages, something that wasn't the case 40-50 years back. Those who preach and take a high moral stance in these matters have never lived through the experience. 

Shiv Sena isn't a national level party, they have some local presence especially in urban Maharashtra. Despite their faults can't say they didn't provide a balance especially during peak underworld days. In Kolkata a minor girl is kidnapped and kept hostage in a particular area, police under Didi refuse to retrieve her, HC orders them and they still don't....official reason is it will disturb communal harmony (I can present the court order if you want). So are we now supposed to give up our minor girls to some groups to maintain fictitious values the liberals proselytize. Ask them to take the initiative, else eff off with the virtue signaling and moral posturing. 

Makes for a sobering read. Is WB a complete gone case or what? Most RW Twitter handles have pretty much given up on WB/Kerala and aren't too hopeful on TN either.

16 minutes ago, mishra said:

Sandeep Bhai, Supreme Court didnt find anything wrong with Modi. Lets not keep passing judgement again and again.

That too under a system created by 70 year old Congress rule.

I was in Ahmedavaad at the time. Personally, I didn’t find any issues. CRPF/Army never reached. I was in Hindu area. There was no police. On Muslim side, there was few police guarding.

my last comment on this issue

I have family in Baroda AMD and other nearby towns in Gujarat.  Plenty of prejudice to go around in that part of our country.  And its a complex issue, riots (dhamaal) have been a recurring issue for decades over there.  And the muslim population wasn't doodh ka dhula innocent either.  

BUT, the post-Godhra riots resulted in some serious crimes being committed.  That is wrong, simple as that.  Just as it was wrong to kill Sikhs after Indira was assassinated.  What's wrong is wrong.  

35 minutes ago, Captain said:

Just for clarification, i'm not a Modi bhakth.

The way he's treated my state of "Andhra Pradesh" when it comes to giving us a "Special category" status is repulsive and disgusting. He's a politician through and through. Of course, he's underperformed if you look at his promises.

I just believe that he's far better for the country than the alternative i.e Rahul Gandhi who wouldn't get a basic entry level job if we only consider his intellectual capabilities. Modi is the lesser of the two evils IMO.

I understand your perspective.  I was hoping that Modi had 'evolved' from his Godhra days.  In some ways he has, but not as much as needed.  Also, he's been a massive disappointment on economic national leadership.  I don't disagree that Congress and pappu are ****, but we need to hold Modi and BJP accountable to a higher and better standard.  Its not enough to simply be just a little better than the Congress alternative.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

I remember speeches by him in the early 2000s, even before Godhra.  He shamelessly used anti-muslim sentiment to campaign for votes.  Talking about population control, claiming muslims are ruining everything with "hum paanch, humaare pacchhees".  **** like that.  Shamelessly stoked up and created an environment where anti-muslim language was mainstreamed.  Not unlike how Donald trump enables racism in the US today, but even more provocative, due to the religion factor.

I can't claim to know for certain that he was culpable in the post-Godhra riots.  But the gujarat police did not do a good job during those riots, and he was in charge.  Even leaving that aside, I am a Bombay boy, and I will never forgive him for coming down to gateway of India after the Nov 2008 attacks, and using the attacks for political gains.  I know that there are a lot of bad politicians in India who act similarly shamelessly, but I personally feel that top leadership should be of a better standard.  

so i guess he also planned and burnt down the train at Godra which was full of hindu pilgrims?

Why does everyone focus on the retaliation riots by hindus but the flame that lit it? 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Makes for a sobering read. Is WB a complete gone case or what? Most RW Twitter handles have pretty much given up on WB/Kerala and aren't too hopeful on TN either.

Bengal is a complete gone case, advantage for Kerala is that it isn't a border state. Bengal-Bangladesh border is mostly porous, only post 2014 has some serious fencing work been done (despite serious opposition by the CM) but still no way as tight as western borders. Immigration continues because there is an established industry flourishing that deals in this business, communists allowed it to continue and Mamata too doesn't give a *. As such state too has gone to the dogs on the economic front, political violence is more than Kashmir. We all complain about Pak housing terror camps but in Bengal we have so many (around 500 as per NIA) sleeper cells, bomb factories and JMB safehouses that have the motive to target Hasina's govt. And our agencies are prevented from hunting the jihadis, what more to add...Mamata blames RAW and Army for blasts done by the Islamists. They had a 100k strong rally in Brigade Parade Ground during the Bangladesh War Crimes hearing, an average Bengali Hindu had to tolerate this while the Islamists in the heart of Kolkata rallied behind the war criminals of 1971....in which millions of Bengali Hindus were butchered.  

Assam is statistically as *ed up but at least people woke up a long time back. If an NRC style exercise is undertaken in Bengal it will be a repeat of Direct Action Day, Noakhali. I don't think TN is a major problem, demography is much more comfy, economically doing well, and except a few lunatic Lemurians I think it is fine.  

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bengal is a complete gone case, advantage for Kerala is that it isn't a border state. Bengal-Bangladesh border is mostly porous, only post 2014 has some serious fencing work been done (despite serious opposition by the CM) but still no way as tight as western borders. Immigration continues because there is an established industry flourishing that deals in this business, communists allowed it to continue and Mamata too doesn't give a *. As such state too has gone to the dogs on the economic front, political violence is more than Kashmir. We all complain about Pak housing terror camps but in Bengal we have so many (around 500 as per NIA) sleeper cells and JMB safehouses that have the motive to target Hasina's govt. And our agencies are prevented from hunting the jihadis, what more to add...Mamata blames RAW and Army for blasts done by the Islamists. They had a 100k strong rally in Brigade Parade Ground during the Bangladesh War Crimes hearing, an average Bengali Hindu had to tolerate this while the Islamists in the heart of Kolkata rallied behind the war criminals of 1971....in which millions of Bengali Hindus were butchered.  

Assam is statistically as *ed up but at least people woke up a long time back. If an NRC style exercise is undertaken in Bengal it will be a repeat of Direct Action Day, Noakhali. I don't think TN is a major problem, demography is much more comfy, economically doing well, and except a few lunatic Lemurians I think it is fine.  

The Lemurians are really noisy on social media though. Far more active than the Bongs at least from what I've seen. Thanks for your take on the situation in WB. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Harsh truth. I always thought of Shiv Sainiks as thugs\hooligans but today understand that they are a necessary evil. 

Being from a Sikh Punjabi I have always known it because of what happened in 1947. We expelled all Muslims because we had our own gangs to combat them and matched them even though we were in smaller numbers. Even the Bengali Hindus in 1947 kicked some ass, I don't know what has happened to them since.

Even Buddhists have fought back.

14 hours ago, beetle said:

Chill man .

Bhai....it is part of his itinerary which is planned well in advance.

It is a leader's responsibility to show a calm face to the nation at the time of crisis to prevent unnecessary rumors and panic.

He is sticking to his routine to do that.

If he cancels normal stuff,the media will go on an over drive saying....

Modi cancels party address ,kya hone wala hai ! Ab kya ho raha hai ...

Beets, I think you should address her as Behen.

After Indian airforce strike a party leader openly use this strike as a gain to vote in elcction 

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengaluru/air-strike-will-help-bjp-win-22-seats-in-karnataka-bs-yeddyurappa/articleshow/68195692.cms

Their party worker use  holding of airstrike poster .

Why can't these bhakt just shut up their mouth stop using Indian Army as political tool .

Note - it's not Troll  thread and some bhakt might get offend but unke Liya babaji ka thullu :finger:

Edited by test fan