Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

19 minutes ago, nikred said:

Interesting. Never knew that.

This video is one such example. Don't see anything wrong with it though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yea don't see anything wrong with this. What I can surmise is that, it is easier somehow? But, at the same time, it might not be as fast as an overarm serve, so it would be easier for the fellow on the other side also. 

If they are getting their knickers twisted for this, do moar :woot:

6 hours ago, Stumped said:

He's quite clearly dragging it along the ground. The tip of Buttler's bat is also just about on a lower horizontal level than his feet in this frame as well unlike your claim (realistically there's barely anything in the difference between either of his feet and his bat). Added to that the tip of Buttler's bat is further away than his left foot.

His left foot which is clearly in the air is also further away from the camera than the bat but still the bat is higher. Butler is clearly out of the crease in this frame. 

27zyk5x.png

You need to get your eyes checked.

@Stumped in fact butlers bat is in a higher level than his grounded right foot. If he were to be dragging his bat on ground he should have been dragging his bat with his left hand tugging his arse and bringing his bat to the right of his right foot hehe. 

Its pathetic to see you justify this here really. Butler should stop cheating he should complete the full run and not take a head atart and reduce the 22 yards. 

Ashwin was within his rights, but I'd prefer a warning first: Rahul Dravid

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/ashwin-was-within-his-rights-but-id-prefer-a-warning-first-rahul-dravid/articleshow/68589990.cms

As always, sensible and measured.

Do you think Ashwin lost some of his gentleman image?

I think some of the reactions were overblown. Questioning Ashwin's character because he did that is totally wrong. He has every right to his view. You might not agree with it, but it was well within his rights to do it and that does not make him a bad person. Like I said, I would rather he had warned first, but if he chose not to do it, then that's his interpretation and you can't have issue with that. It is not about being a gentleman or a non-gentleman. This is not a judgement on his character, but his reading of the law. He has not cheated anybody, nor is he a bad person because he did that.

Spirit of the game is BS. It is the player's job to appeal. It is the Ump's job to decide. 

In the posted screenshot where Ashwin appears to stop where the batsman is still possibly within the crease, the law doesn't talk about where the batsman is when the bowler stops. It talks about where the batsman is when the ball will be naturally delivered. In this case, it is safe to assume that the pause Ashwin gave accounts for the time it would have taken him to naturally deliver the ball. This is probably what the 3rd Ump saw as well.

Yes, he could have given a warning. He chose not to. So what? Given that the batsman in question is a habitual cheater, what Ashwin did seems justified.

2 hours ago, Stumped said:

@Vilander I don't know why you feel the need to continuously lie and stick by your lies when they can be so easily fact checked.

Here I've placed a simple horizontal line across from the point that the corner of Buttlers bat that is in contact with the ground, if anything this is generous to your claim given the angle of the crease indicates the line I'm using should slope away a bit towards his feet. As you can see this point of his bat is still horizontally below either of his feet :

Pic1.png

Added to that from this photo you can see the corner of his bat in question is actually further away from the camera than not only his left foot by a significant distance but also further away than the closest edge of his right foot :

Pic2.png

More you think about it, the worse Ashwin’s action appear 

“Mankad” the batsman if he is out of the crease, not “Ashwin” him when he is inside 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

More you think about it, the worse Ashwin’s action appear 

“Mankad” the batsman if he is out of the crease, not “Ashwin” him when he is inside 

Can't draw 2D lines and make a conclusion, that same 2D/3D problem. Oxenford ruled it out and out it is, neither was dead ball declared by on-field umpire. Well done Ashwin.  

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Can't draw 2D lines and make a conclusion, that same 2D/3D problem. Oxenford ruled it out and out it is, neither was dead ball declared by on-field umpire. Well done Ashwin.  

A conjob done well by Ashwin! 

england planning to dismiss Kohli in world cup final same way as Ash did to Buttler.English bowler will be ben Stokes -- the most dangerous Angry guy.

Ash did right without warning because Suchitra senanayaka warned jos Buttler  3 times in 17 ball so he ran him out same way as Ashwin (in ODI -2014).Suchitra was spinner.its Legal since december 1947 -- 9 batsman Given out by 3rd umpire officially in international cricket so far.Vinoo Mankad was first he did Mankad to Bill Brown twice (Dec 1947-march 2019)

4 hours ago, Stumped said:

@Vilander I don't know why you feel the need to continuously lie and stick by your lies when they can be so easily fact checked.

Here I've placed a simple horizontal line across from the point that the corner of Buttlers bat that is in contact with the ground, if anything this is generous to your claim given the angle of the crease indicates the line I'm using should slope away a bit towards his feet. As you can see this point of his bat is still horizontally below either of his feet :

Pic1.png

Added to that from this photo you can see the corner of his bat in question is actually further away from the camera than not only his left foot by a significant distance but also further away than the closest edge of his right foot :

Pic2.png

your line is not on the ground level for the nearest object which is the bat sorry. and dont try to attack the individual elaborate on the opinion.