Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

8 hours ago, Stumped said:

Honestly mate, if you really think that bat is on the line I really do recommend an eye test. I don't see how you can't see it behind the line despite the possibility for an illusion given the angle.

The MCC stated that the law was up to interpretation and the decision could have been made either way (why they did that and didn't just clarify the law itself with an amendment for the future I don't know). My personal interpretation of this law (which I'd had previous to this incident occurring) was that this should have been not out.

On another note the MCC have now declared that Ashwin was in violation of the spirit of cricket.

Plz don't waste your time arguing with him. Clearly Ashwin did it intentionally not instinctive as he claims. In this particular case bat was behind the line and Butler would have been well within the crease till Ashwin released the ball. Ashwin however delayed his action and fooled butler. Having said that, Butler is no saint even if in this particular case he luckily managed to be inside the crease.Not the 1st time he is mankaded. Someone should advise him to freaking stay in crease untill the ball is released. He should mend his ways before crying foul.

Edited by Pollack

18 hours ago, Pollack said:

Plz don't waste your time arguing with him. Clearly Ashwin did it intentionally not instinctive as he claims. In this particular case bat was behind the line and Butler would have been well within the crease till Ashwin released the ball. Ashwin however delayed his action and fooled butler. Having said that, Butler is no saint even if in this particular case he luckily managed to be inside the crease.Not the 1st time he is mankaded. Someone should advise him to freaking stay in crease untill the ball is released. He should mend his ways before crying foul.

Stop going in circle. Batsman should not be out of the crease until the ball is released. There are no "ifs" and "buts" here in the law. That is why he was given out. Today Pandya was an yard outside the crease in the last over. ABDV was within the crease. One guy knows the law. Other guy blatantly violates the law. Every bloody such guy should be mankaded. These are the things i was taught when we were in school. "Don't leave the crease until the bowler releases the ball"

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Stop going in circle. Batsman should not be out of the crease until the ball is released. There are no "ifs" and "buts" here in the law. That is why he was given out. Today Pandya was an yard outside the crease in the last over. ABDV was within the crease. One guy knows the law. Other guy blatantly violates the law. Every bloody such guy should be mankaded. These are the things i was taught when we were in school. "Don't leave the crease until the bowler releases the ball"

What's the point of this post if I am not even arguing whether it was out or not out. It was out and well within the laws.The point made here is Ashwin tricked butler into it.

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What's the point of this post if I am not even arguing whether it was out or not out. It was out and well within the laws.The point made here is Ashwin tricked butler into it.

He could have done in pretty much any one of the delivery in that over. Because he was out of the crease in every ball of that over. Call it a delayed punishment. Nothing trick.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

He could have done in pretty much any one of the delivery in that over. Because he was out of the crease in every ball of that over. Call it a delayed punishment. Nothing trick.

He might be out of crease at other times but this time he was perfectly within line if not for the delay by Ashwin which fooled him into believing Ashwin completed his action because he wasn't directly looking at Ashwin and he left the crease. 

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He might be out of crease at other times but this time he was perfectly within line if not for the delay by Ashwin which fooled him into believing Ashwin completed his action because he wasn't directly looking at Ashwin and he left the crease. 

Why leave the crease? It is not like the striker has played the ball :dontknow:

And, why can't non-strikers look at the bowler releasing the ball? Look at Kohli, ABDV etc.

37 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I don’t buy it Butler wasn’t even looking Ashwin So he would never know whether he was about to release or already released. That incident was a mere coincidence. Ashwin is known to delay his deliveries occasionally. It is s mode of dismissal. He just used it. Seeing how prevalent this is they should do more to keep batsmen in check. Non striker runs only runs 2 yards less with head start. How is that fair

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Exactly! .... And he acted as if K11's batsmen stay within the crease all the time. Uthappa took starts where he was around the crease many times but he did not have it in him to "Ashwin" him.

So other teams do not do it (and may not even care about it) to the batsmen of your team. You do not do it to all the batsmen. And then all of a sudden you do a con-job on Buttler. Pathetic, esp. from someone leading the side 

4 hours ago, flamy said:

Why leave the crease? It is not like the striker has played the ball :dontknow:

And, why can't non-strikers look at the bowler releasing the ball? Look at Kohli, ABDV etc.

Leaving the crease once the striker has played the ball is too late. Neither it is the rule.

Non-striker's can look at bowlers releasing the ball. Some do while others don't. And those who don't do they still do not end up mankaded. 

Please try to understand, I am not supporting butler. I am merely stating in this particular instance, that is his dismissal, he was tricked by Ashwin. He is most probably leaving the crease before the ball is released in other instances which is why many bowlers are noticing him. Like I said not the 1st time he is mankaded.

Edited by Pollack

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Not a single poster apart from @Stumped  is supporting Butler.

First try to improve your comprehension skills.

To quote your own words:

Base your judgements on facts not on emotions. 

Forgive his ignorance as Christ said "they do not know what they are doing" :lol:

the poster probably thinks it is his duty to support a Tamil and then an Indian vs a foreigner. In doing so he has resorted to what Pakistani like to call it Taqiya (bat is in the air, Ind vs xyz) .... in his mind, he may even be doing an Ind vs Eng .... when this is about IPL where player A conned played B in this particular instance irrespective of where they come from 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Exactly! .... And he acted as if K11's batsmen stay within the crease all the time. Uthappa took starts where he was around the crease many times but he did not have it in him to "Ashwin" him.

So other teams do not do it (and may not even care about it) to the batsmen of your team. You do not do it to all the batsmen. And then all of a sudden you do a con-job on Buttler. Pathetic, esp. from someone leading the side 

I suspect many do it. Maybe butler moves far too early to get noticed easily. In any case, butler cannot claim to be wronged here. He was out well within the rules. If he holds any grudge, it should be against the so called guardian of rules. Freaking stay within the crease to avoid such cases.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Leaving the crease once the striker has played the ball is too late. Neither it is the rule.

Non-striker's can look at bowlers releasing the ball. Some do while others don't. And those who don't do they still do not end up mankaded. 

Please try to understand, I am not supporting butler. I am merely stating in this particular instance, that is his dismissal, he was tricked by Ashwin. He is most probably leaving the crease before the ball is released in other instances which is why many bowlers are noticing him. Like I said not the 1st time he is mankaded.

Yea, I get it. Ashwin had a pause, and led Buttler on. What I'm only saying is if Buttler was looking at the bowler releasing the ball, which is honestly I have played all my cricket really, it feels natural to me, if Buttler had done that, Ashwin and Buttler would basically have been staring at each other's mugs, and it would have been a deadball.

I'm just bringing the focus to the non-striker here, since enough attention has been on Ashwin in this discussion

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

To be honest, most batsmen do it and have been doing it for long.