SecondSlip

Hinduphobia In Secular India

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Guys this thread is not going anywhere. Very few people disrespect other religions and majority of Hindus, Sikhs and jains etc are very respecful to each other. All these religions originated from india and we should be thankful for that. Let us share and cherish our common heritage and use this forum to come together rather than sow seeds of mistrust. We all have a lot in common than what seprates us. Peace.

This thread is about the position of Hindus in MSM, West, movies, politics, International media. Not about ICFers. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Guys this thread is not going anywhere. Very few people disrespect other religions and majority of Hindus, Sikhs and jains etc are very respecful to each other. All these religions originated from india and we should be thankful for that. Let us share and cherish our common heritage and use this forum to come together rather than sow seeds of mistrust. We all have a lot in common than what seprates us. Peace.

What about those who are followers of faith systems that didn't originate in India? The Christians, Jews, Muslims, Zoroastrians? They don't get to be a part of this happy family hug? :(( 

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

Which part of my post was 'full of hatred'? If some Sikh doesn't want to participate in idol worship or Hindu rituals that doesn't make it hate, just his/her choice and I won't mind it. Harsh/reactionary but not hate, but no need to hurt sentiments of other posters, for which I took corrective action.

If some Hindu weaponizes annadanam to mock people from other faiths rest assured I will boycott him/her and give that person a piece of my mind instead of getting outraged over reactions or playing victim card. If you want to preach do so to members of your own community as well. 

Ok my last post about this topic. Nothing more to add. Prefer to talk cricket than chit-chat. 

Peace out.

Apart from the content,your tone and language was apparent when you made it between 'us' and 'them' and sounded like an emotional outburst. You're a better judge of what you felt there. There must have been a reason you deleted it?  No need to justify the original post. Kudos to you. Just move on.

"Preach" was a word you brought up. If I see something on this site, then I'll try to 'preach' 'my' community as well lol.  I don't spend 24/7 on ICF and causally browse once in a while and that post just caught my eye.   I only use social media for mostly professional work and don't see any or much of these childish social media rants and avoid going the rabbit hole of hatred that social media offers. It gets one no where and will eventually make you bitter to a point of no return.  You do you. Anyways onto bigger and better things. Cheers to you

Edited by The Great Punjab
1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

What about those who are followers of faith systems that didn't originate in India? The Christians, Jews, Muslims, Zoroastrians? They don't get to be a part of this happy family hug? :(( 

They are 110% Indians. I apologize if my remark is misconstrued. The religions I mentioned originated from Indus valley and that is what I was referring to. Muslims/Jews/Christains/Buddhist who are born and raised in India are a very integral part of India. When Shami is taking a wkt all Indians are proud of his achievement (maybe not his ex-wife). just not muslims. He is looked upon as an Indian. Who is not proud of Dr. Abdul Kalam. Siraj is a success story and ofcourse Nawab of Pataudi. No one has a right to question muslims allegiance towards india and they should not. It would be a sad day if minorities are marginalized in India.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Also that thread was moving towards insult and had to be stopped. This is where mods have to step in.

Kite Flying for Makar Sankranti might be banned by this faltu government 

Manjha use usually escalates in the run-up to and after Sankranti every January, but in 2020, we saw a substantial increase in the number of rescues especially after the nationwide lockdown fell into place,” explained Dr Colonel Nawaz Shariff, Genera...”

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/bengaluru-manjha-use-amplifies-bird-injuries-104-since-covid-19-onset-938112.html

On 12/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, Mariyam said:

the 3 of 4 mentioned have demonstrated a world-wide supra-national interest, converging on issues like conversion rackets, ummah,palestine,  jewish homeland etc. beyond national boundaries. 

While all supranational identities and causes do not directly threaten a nation-state, a nation-state is fully justified in keeping a closer look on supra-national identity groups that it doesnt control. 

Edited by Muloghonto