Kohli's team building is the worst in Indian history?

Every IPL match this year and the younger players are outperforming the current older India first team players 

Pant, Samson, Shaw, Iyer, Shankar, Rana...

Too bad Ishan Kishan can't get a game for MI because of has beens like Yuvraj and Pollard getting favourable treatment

Absolute disgrace with so much batting talent , Ind is considering the likes of Rayudu and Jadhav for crucial roles in the WC. Am sure these commentators must be transfixed at these run of the mill batsman playing for Ind currently. Don't know who to blame for this mess.

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Absolute disgrace with so much batting talent , Ind is considering the likes of Rayudu and Jadhav for crucial roles in the WC. Am sure these commentators must be transfixed at these run of the mill batsman playing for Ind currently. Don't know who to blame for this mess.

Jadhav has utility in modern day ODI cricket, more so in our setup where not many batters can roll their arms without making absolute fools of themselves. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

I think Jadhav's bowling bubble has burst in the last series.

lets wait n see if its aussie team only who has soughted him out coz they were even batting well against kulcha. I knew sooners or later like everyone jadhav will be soughted but it remains to be seen how many teams have soughted him out

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

lets wait n see if its aussie team only who has soughted him out coz they were even batting well against kulcha. I knew sooners or later like everyone jadhav will be soughted but it remains to be seen how many teams have soughted him out

Relying on his bowling for even 3-4 overs is fraught with danger. 

Comment from cricinfo

Armaan: "I am a RCB fan and genuinely like to have someone like Rabada or Bumrah in our side only if the captain and the team management promise to back them after one or two bad games. There is no use of having them in your side if your team and captain doesn't back you. Look at Saini, look at Washington Sundar, look at M. Ashwin......! "

I think we can win the WC if we drop both Kohli and dhoni.

Edit: shastri as well.

Go with dravid as a coach. When we could win a 2007 t20 WC with a fresh team, why not 2019 WC . Sounds preposterous, but Kohli is probably playing more for himself.. definitely not a team player and worse of all hopeless captain...

Edited by prasen82

Isn’t a failure on dhoni as well. Virat has been guided by grey beard for few years now. Are ignoring dhoni’s role ? What about  Ravi shastri role ? When India wins people like GB , putrevus all credit shastri. But in failures its only Kohli ?

Edited by gattaca
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Look at what Gambhir did to KKR. He had a clear idea on how he was going to build a team. Created a template. Now he has left. THey are using the same template. THey are still being competitive. Kohli = Tendulkar when it comes to captaincy, leadership.

hey atleast tendulkar had to deal with match fixers and incompetent players. He's better actually.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:42 AM, vvvslaxman said:

You could confidently say this now. Bringing back guys like Gauti, Yuvi, Raina now Rayudu out of the wilderness in the name of experience effectively killed the opportunity to build a vibrant young team. Also from time to time he was bringing back Rahane for no reason. He basically doesn't want to be surrounded by noobs. Only good thing he has done so far encouraging fast bowlers.  Rest of things are chaotic. He tries to paper over the cracks with his own batting. He could do only so much. 

The sole reason ICF consider him as the greatest ever. :giggle:

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

Isn’t a failure on dhoni as well. Virat has been guided by grey beard for few years now. Are ignoring dhoni’s role ? What about  Ravi shastri role ? When India wins people like GB , putrevus all credit shastri. But in failures its only Kohli ?

What shastri or dhoni is their in RCB ??? Kohli also had kumble as coach...mistakes were same 

ull have 100 people for advice but at the end its ur decision to choose it 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What shastri or dhoni is their in RCB ??? Kohli also had kumble as coach...mistakes were same 

ull have 100 people for advice but at the end its ur decision to choose it 

RCB is totally different you can’t compare with Indian team. RCB is a private entity run like a organization by the owners they have proper scouting agents, coaches and owner involvement. If you look at how the US based football franchises are run you will understand. The owner element is too strong in running operations. Only few franchises are successful because they understand team needs and plan for injuries and contingencies. They do develop players for extra skills than they have.  I am specially taking about Indian team because Kohli , dhoni and shastri are powerful. There is a advantage for dhoni for the middle order to be fragile to take advantage of the situation. Do you really think it’s a coincidence rayudu plays CSK and for India ? All I am saying Indian cricket decisions are not just Kohli but dhoni and shastri as well.

Edited by gattaca
2 minutes ago, gattaca said:

RCB is totally different you can’t compare with Indian team. RCB is a private entity run like a organization by the owners they have proper scouting agents, coaches and owner involvement. If you look at how the US based football franchises are run you will understand. The owner element is too strong in running operations. I am specially taking about Indian team because Kohli , dhoni and shastri are powerful. There is a advantage for dhoni for the middle order to be fragile to take advantage of the situation. Do you really think it’s a coincidence rayudu plays CSK and for India ? All I am saying Indian cricket decisions are not just Kohli but dhoni and shastri as well.

A team is a team, captain runs acc to him only

Indian team- he is lucky to have them or others.......

Coincidence??? do u really want me to count players who were not from CSK n are playing for being has beens

1. Rayudu joined CSK last yr, hasnt he been playing for India for god knws how many yrs
  2. DK is also CSK kya ??
  3. Parthiv patel?? Wo to RCB hai 
  4. bhajji got back in indian team on basis of IPL in 2015 when he was with MI. SO if any team other player get in Indian team on IPL perfomance its perfomance others CSK quota 
  5. Yuvraj got back in team - he was in SRH 
  6. Umesh came back indian team last yr for doing well for RCB
  7. If Chahar n thakur are pointed, hasnt khaleel n Kaul being selected who play for SRH
  8. On what basis does dhawan n rohit keep coming back to test team- do they play for CSK. Waha konsa dhoni hai.

check ur facts . Do u think its a coincidence that blunder keeps happening under kohli only Be its RCB or indian team . Dont even get me started with test team blunder where their is no dhoni 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Indian team- he is lucky to have them or others.......

Coincidence??? do u really want me to count players who were not from CSK n are playing for being has beens

1. Rayudu joined CSK last yr, hasnt he been playing for India for god knws how many yrs
  2. DK is also CSK kya ??
  3. Parthiv patel?? Wo to RCB hai 
  4. bhajji got back in indian team on basis of IPL in 2015 when he was with MI. SO if any team other player get in Indian team on IPL perfomance its perfomance others CSK quota 
  5. Yuvraj got back in team - he was in SRH 
  6. Umesh came back indian team last yr for doing well for RCB
  7. If Chahar n thakur are pointed, hasnt khaleel n Kaul being selected who play for SRH
  8. On what basis does dhawan n rohit keep coming back to test team- do they play for CSK. Waha konsa dhoni hai.

check ur facts . Do u think its a coincidence that blunder keeps happening under kohli only Be its RCB or indian team . Dont even get me started with test team blunder where their is no dhoni 

What kind of statement is this ? I don’t understand what you want to convey. Team will always be team. I don’t understand captain runs acc to him only.

Again I wrote a big post on why RCB shouldn’t be cosidered. Hmm how is jadeja back in Odis ? Jhadav is csk as well. Jhadav is based on performance. The brand value of a IPL team will increase with players from Indian team. What test team blunder?  we won in Australia ? We almost did in South Africa. There are selection blunders. I agree. Let’s see who Kohli backed ? Why are we having best success in tests in decades compared to Odis ? Kohli backed bumrah for tests as well. He gave rahul fair chance in tests and everyone here agree he has/had potential. The only pick they don’t agree is probably rohit. Mayank, vihari also got chances under kohli. These are good amount of youngsters he backed. The wrist spinners kuldeep and chahal, left arm pacer khaleel. The spinner are definitely a great success. Kohli  captaincy should be judged after dhoni leaving team. 

Edited by gattaca

Can't blame a captain much because he already would be loaded with enormous burden and responsibility of  leading from the front, working strategies on the field etc etc. And Kohli has done reasonably well w.r.t to all these. He is  the best by far in leading from the front,strategically ok   etc so all in all he is a decent good captain, not exceptional though because he lacks man management skills.

But to compensate for  that there has to be competent coaches and  selectors who don't need to do any thing on the field but  only behind the curtain duties. In that regard Sastri and Prasad both have been utter wastes. That is why India took this much to find a regular opener  in tests after Sehwag-Gambhir. Both Rohit-Dhawan were played in ODIs non stop.Sastri-Prasad just simply have been so far off from adequate   w.r.t to trying  fresh talents in a timely manner  and managing them both mentally and  physically.

6 hours ago, gattaca said:

What kind of statement is this ? I don’t understand what you want to convey. Team will always be team. I don’t understand captain runs acc to him only.

Again I wrote a big post on why RCB shouldn’t be cosidered. Hmm how is jadeja back in Odis ? Jhadav is csk as well. Jhadav is based on performance. The brand value of a IPL team will increase with players from Indian team. What test team blunder?  we won in Australia ? We almost did in South Africa. There are selection blunders. I agree. Let’s see who Kohli backed ? Why are we having best success in tests in decades compared to Odis ? Kohli backed bumrah for tests as well. He gave rahul fair chance in tests and everyone here agree he has/had potential. The only pick they don’t agree is probably rohit. Mayank, vihari also got chances under kohli. These are good amount of youngsters he backed. The wrist spinners kuldeep and chahal, left arm pacer khaleel. The spinner are definitely a great success. Kohli  captaincy should be judged after dhoni leaving team. 

Jadhav debut for India before he joined CSK....check ur facts and he was never dropped was out due to injury 

JAdeja - isnt their a pattern that kohli loves exp players. DK, Yuvi, bhajji, gambhir, pappu all got back under him what CSK did they represent

What test team blunder :hysterical:, how many times do we have to go through this