WC squad selected, DK n Jaddu selected.....no rayudu, pant

Seems the Mohali Turner match sealed the deal for Pant. Anyone who questions for his ommision, selectors can point to this match.

DK must be luckiest guy now. One game against Aus where he helped finish game. Other than that, he is having a terrible 2019. Even excluded for the Aus series. But one missed stumping from Pant, and he is back again. Anyway,he is not going to play when msd is there so no ones gonna complain. 

Idelally his spot should have been taken by a fourth seamer though given that we have decent backup keeper in Rahul. 

Just now, Gollum said:

And Santner, maybe forgetting a few others :laugh:. We need to have all bases covered :yess: and I have to balance the cloud of pessimism around here regarding Sir's selection :dontknow:. We already carry 5-6 pathetic fielders in our XI, least we can do is have the best fielder in the world as 12th man !!!

MSK has done his job by keeping Jaddu in the squad, now up to Kohli to do his job and ensure Jaddu isn't in starting XI. 

I will tell you the worst thing that can happen due to this Jadeja selection apart from his mediocre batting and bowling, He will somehow sneak in to the X1 here and there breaking the Kul-Cha Jodi breaking any momentum they might build up. 

Dk ahead of Pant doesn't make sense.Not like Dk is God behind the stumps.

Infact Dhoni also has been bad lately ..

So what is this talk about selection on basis of wkt keeping.

Should have taken the youngster just for giving experience if one of them had to be selected.DK is past .

Better would be to select another bowler.

Edited by beetle

Disappointed. This is not a team which is world beater. The only players who stand out are Bumrah, Shami and Kohli. This was expected though.

Dhonis name should go down as a blot in Indian cricket. For his selfish reasons, he has destroyed Indian cricket for a good 3 yrs atleast. Just to accomodate him, we havent given chances to young batsmen. 

Havent watched even one IPL matches yet, looks unlikely I will watch world cup too.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will tell you the worst thing that can happen due to this Jadeja selection apart from his mediocre batting and bowling, He will somehow sneak in to the X1 here and there breaking the Kul-Cha Jodi breaking any momentum they might build up. 

And that will be entirely Kohli-Shastri duo's fault, not MSK's. I'll play Jadeja maybe against AFG and our last couple of matches (SL, BD) provided we have sealed a top 2 finish by then. I wouldn't want any of our main bowlers (Kulcha, Shami, Bumrah, BK) to play more than 7 matches in the group stage lest they get burnt out. In 2011/2015 WC we had 6 group matches, now we have 9 and none against Scotland/UAE/Netherlands/Canada type raddi teams...so we need the bowlers to conserve their energy. It is imperative that Jaddu plays a couple of matches, all up to Kohli to decide which matches. Certainly not against the top teams but then Kohli is a bit retarded :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Disappointed. This is not a team which is world beater. The only players who stand out are Bumrah, Shami and Kohli. This was expected though.

Dhonis name should go down as a blot in Indian cricket. For his selfish reasons, he has destroyed Indian cricket for a good 3 yrs atleast. Just to accomodate him, we havent given chances to young batsmen. 

Havent watched even one IPL matches yet, looks unlikely I will watch world cup too.

Blame Kohli for that as he did not build a young team post 2017 CT. Went with Yuvraj Raina Rayudu Dhoni fault lies with him. 

In a 80/5 situation both Pant and DK at this point are not reliable

But in a situation where 30-40 required in the last few overs I would say DK is a lot more reliable than Pant. Pant has done nothing to give that kind of an assurance that he can play smart cricket.

Keeping both are equal.

Pant has done himself no favors with those one handed hoicks and throwing away his wicket at crunch moments. Not that Karthik is setting the world on fire but he has been under the radar a little but this IPL.

Pant should have gotten enough chances to establish himself by now so it didn't happen. too bad. But right now DK is a safer bet than Pant by all accounts.

Decent squad. Rayudu was hard done by after being assured a spot by Kohli and mgmt saying IPL performance don't matter. KL Rahul got in primarilyon IPL Performance

My XI

Rohit / KL Rahul

Dhawan

Kohli

Shankar

MSD

Jadhav

Pandya

Jadeja

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

My team looks good in fielding too. SHankar and Pandya patrolling long on and long off. Jadeja at midwicket.

Batting till 8. 7 bowling options. Jadeja + Pandya + Shankar + Jadahv can easily cover 20-25 overs

Rohit vs KL - Prefer KL as opener, faster scoring, better fielder

Other option was Bhuvi and Chahal instead of Shami and Jadeja = Weakens fielding and batting Shami a better bowler than Bhuvi and Chahal may be slightly better than Jadeja so bowling is a wash

28 minutes ago, beetle said:

This guy just can't get beyond his regional bias.

What is wrong with what he said? Would a professional sportsman who gave all his life to the sport be celebrating on missing the pinnacle of that sport- the world cup after he was almost on the fringes of selection a couple of months back? You may like Rayudu or hate him or think he doesn't deserve a spot, it is hard luck for sure.

12 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Blame Kohli for that as he did not build a young team post 2017 CT. Went with Yuvraj Raina Rayudu Dhoni fault lies with him. 

Are you serious, who is youngster who needed to be given chances in 2017 and was not given.No youngster has staked his claim.

The only thing missing in this squad is extra seamer.