Mayank to replace Vijay Shankar

19 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What has KLR done to get selected over Dhoni.

Giving him benefit of doubt over that certified leech because he has been shuffled from 4th to open..Who knows he can play atleast at SR of 100 at that position.Can smack a few like he did against Australia if his mind is not clouded with thoughts to protect his wicket while he is opening.With Hardik, Pant around, Even his 15 ball 20 are more fruitful than Dhoni's 60 ball 50.

5 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

you have to be an idiot to persist with Rayudu for three years and then even worse replace him with Vijay shankar . Who else is responsible for this ? 

Kohli became captain in 2017 CT, so first part you are wrong.Second who have put their hands up to be no4 ? Can you suggest their names. I am not defending Rayudu's selection or Shankar.I always wanted Pant to be in the team ahead of Shankar.

But Pant is no sure shot.There is no way Pant and Dhoni could be in the same team, Pant is not Bairstow in the field.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Few things:

1) Its obvious that Shankar is not injured and being niggled out as an excuse.

2) And the fact that a player need to be replaced in the middle of the world cup, shows that the team selection was pathetic for the world cup. Should MSK Prasad not be held responsible for it?

3) All the replacements/backups like Pant and Rahul is playing ahead of the 1st choice like KKD . It clearly shows there is a disconnect between selectors and team management. Coach and Captain don't necessarily agree with selectors opinion.

Exactly.

Just a toe niggle one day and then it becomes a longer term injury the next - what does this say about the physios/coaches/drinking buddies?

Prasad has been pathetic. What happened to the "process"? Not that I am advocating it but surely Rayudu was next in line to be called up given he is on standy? Why bother even having a reserve list then?

Karthik will be the eternal tourist on this tour. Won't get a game so why pick him?. Who is behind these selections?

I feel sorry for vijayshankar... seems a nice guy and not his fault that he got thrust so late.. everybody knows he is just pushed out in the last moment of the team.. it's like you have been fired from the only job you can get.. how embarrassing  it should be.. if he comes out of this , he is going to be superhuman..

I feel they have got maybank because they are not sure if KLR can recover fkr next match. So to preserve him have moved out Vijay Shankar.

Next match I feel there will be 3 replacements, maybank for KL, DK for Jadhav and Jadeja for chahal.

3 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Giving him benefit of doubt over that certified leech because he has been shuffled from 4th to open..Who knows he can play atleast at SR of 100 at that position.Can smack a few like he did against Australia if his mind is not clouded with thoughts to protect his wicket while he is opening.With Hardik, Pant around, Even his 15 ball 20 are more fruitful than Dhoni's 60 ball 50.

That is utter nonsense,I would take this version of  Dhoni over useless mental midget KLR everyday.All your suggestions are filled with what ifs.

Hitting three boundaries against Australia does not make him better option at no4.KLR is one of the most lucky players and still he has not made use of all the chances he has gotten so far.Yesterday was perfect day for him to go for bang from ball one.

Just now, mishra said:

Icfer has forgotten world cup is on. What a meltdown. 

Abey we lost one game. Had a bad day. Chill

I wanted England to be kicked out badly lol so a disappointment. India had a good chance despite their made to order pitch, boundaries, winning of toss, tactical slower ball, great catch. We still were in the game. 

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Icfer has forgotten world cup is on. What a meltdown. 

Abey we lost one game. Had a bad day. Chill

We did not have a bad day. We got found out on pitch where our spinners had no control in middle overs.India will lose to England 90 times out of 100 on that pitch.Fast bowlers including Pandya did extremely well yesterday and that loss will make sure we face England again in semis.England is one team that has handled our spinners very well.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I wanted England to be kicked out badly lol so a disappointment. India had a good chance despite their made to order pitch, boundaries, winning of toss, tactical slower ball, great catch. We still were in the game. 

Yes and DRS. There are a lot of positives. We don’t want any injury either. Mayank getting call is best thing to happen.

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Sidhu made his debut in WC and put the stage on fire.

Playing him directly in  WC is a mistake the same mistake we did with jaddu in 2009 it cost the world cup t20 it is not easy to play directly just like that if u watched pant innings yesterday

First over he almost got runout twice ,threw his bat once this is what happens if u don't have experience playing in pressure match

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Theoritically he replaces Shankar. But practically he is replacing KL Rahul who wasted the golden chance  by playing like a pussy today. With no wicket down he just had to play like an IPL innings.

I have exactly same feeling.  He will open. He is proper batsman. Kl would ne out . Dk will be in. Bhavi will play too. It is possible that rahul could move to no 4. Pant in place of jadhav.  But actually jadhav didn't play wrong. He has no power game but he played run a ball. Dhoni needs to kick out and put jadhav at no 5. 

Dhoni is white elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. Dhoni played enough to be seen as villain , he should retired after 2015 wc and he can retired as hero. 

9 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Who else is responsible for this ****? He had like 2-3 years to prepare for the WC and identify the bench, and now one player is going to make his debut in Semifinals and he is not even with the squad. 

Who was he supposed to play in last two years ??? 

Edited by putrevus
43 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli became captain in 2017 CT, so first part you are wrong.Second who have put their hands up to be no4 ? Can you suggest their names. I am not defending Rayudu's selection or Shankar.I always wanted Pant to be in the team ahead of Shankar.

But Pant is no sure shot.There is no way Pant and Dhoni could be in the same team, Pant is not Bairstow in the field.

He still had 2 years to make changes . I dont know at this who should have been out no4 , but its pretty clear its not Rayudu or Shankar .

Come on now , you saying Pant cant be picked cos of hes not a good fielder ? How is Jadhav playing ?

12 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

He still had 2 years to make changes . I dont know at this who should have been out no4 , but its pretty clear its not Rayudu or Shankar .

Come on now , you saying Pant cant be picked cos of hes not a good fielder ? How is Jadhav playing ?

People are overestimating the talent in domestic cricket.Let us not turn players who have not been selected into Bradmans.I have not seen anybody both in IPL or domestic cricket who could be no4 .There are no big hitters either domestic cricket.

Jadhav is playing for one reason , his ability to provide few overs if he is not being used as a bowler then he should not be in team.

Edited by putrevus