India vs West Indies | 1st T20 at Hyderabad

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Another match with no wickets for Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Not sure what is his role in the team. Last 15 T20s, 11 wickts@36 and grand total of 2 runs for him, but Kohli calls his a certainity for the T20 WC. 

he will get slaughtered on the flat wickets in australia,Chahar wont fare much better too.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Polly is a known patsy against googly.  You can't extrapolate based on that.  T20 on a flat track means bowlers will get hit, I'm going to trust the professionals out there that they have better plans than armchair experts on a forum spouting ponga punditry.  

This is not to say that short bowling is good - Chahar bowled one over in the powerplay where he was consistently and unnecessarily short.  Scroll up in the match thread and you'll find me criticizing that.  But rash blanket judgements about all spinners are just that.  rash.

I was talking about spinners. 2 wickets off the fuller deliveries. Not one. If that googly was short it would have been smashed for another six. Bowling short for spinners achieves nothing. With a fuller length and trying to spin the ball they have lot more chance of picking up a wicket. 

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

LOL the guy has hardly played since the WC. They are forcing him to warm the benches and destroying his career in trying to 'protect him'. Dropped him from Tests and ODIs as well. Some way to reward a standout performer.

There's only 11 slots in the team. 2 for spinners, and one for a spinner who can't bat in the top 6.  Chahal edges Kuldeep, it is what it is.  Stop crying about it. 

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If that is doing his job he should emigrate to Oman or Hong Kong, can be frontline spinner in those teams. Why don't you admit he needs to toughen up mentally? Got the talent but not the heart. 

Why should I admit your fallacy? He is one of the few spinners in the world who flights the ball after getting hit of the previous ball, doesn't resort to darts. Stop quoting one example of IPL to put across your agenda. He is one of special talents in India, who needs more game time.