It’s not surprising that this forum has a bad reputation

cric_fan

While a simple answer to the OP could be, 'if you dont like something, ignore it' , however the responses on this thread are disappointing. Why is there so much of aggression? Why are we bringing some other forum in between all this? Comparison is never done with someone lower than you, but only with one who's superior to you. So raise your standards. 

And at the same time, give space for anyone to speak freely. An opinion must be judged here based on cricketing knowledge, not national identity.

59 minutes ago, First class said:

Because those "brainless"are the most brainy and patriotic Pakistanis anywhere and love IK for the same reason. 

You guys don't know what it is to be a "real pakistani" when you have to work your ass off and still can't meet ends thanks to ur naya pakistan and disaster of socio economic policies by ur puppet and his handlers

I'm not a mod but imo there a few posters who keep bringing in terrorism, politics, religion etc into discussions of cricket. This isnt a YouTube comments section.

Back in 2010-2015ish there was merciless ribbing of Pakistani cricketers but it used to be confined to cricket. Now the moment there is a thread about Pakistan cricket, its jihad, taliban, terrorism and all sorts of cultural commentary. 

OP needs to spend some time reading the Time Pass section on Green Garbage (Pakpassion) if he thinks that forum is full of gentlemen. That place is Hinduphobic to the core. 

A lot of the members there are Mirpuris from England. This community is the least educated, least employed, most isolated and most poorest financially out of all of UK. 

They are humliated in real life by the fact that their Indian counterparts are so far ahead of them in every sphere, so they cry and whine on PP for self satisfaction. 

Edited by SecondSlip

6 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

OP needs to spend some time reading the Time Pass section on Green Garbage (Pakpassion) if he thinks that forum is full of gentlemen. That place is Hinduphobic to the core. 

A lot of the members there are Mirpuris from England. This community is the least educated, least employed, most isolated and most poorest financially out of all of UK. 

They are humliated in real life by the fact that their Indian counterparts are so far ahead of them in every sphere, so they cry and whine on PP for self satisfaction. 

To be fair to the OP, he didn’t make a comparison and claim the other forum is better. He just pointed out that Some of this forums posts have been poor, and I personally agree with that 

15 minutes ago, Cricketphile said:

To be fair to the OP, he didn’t make a comparison and claim the other forum is better. He just pointed out that Some of this forums posts have been poor, and I personally agree with that 

This is the problem with OP. Before pointing out the loopholes on this forum, he should hv pointed out (on Pakpassion ) that some of the posts by his fellow poyz on the indian team are downright disgusting.  I regularly visit Pakpassion .  No pakistani poster (not even the OP) has shared any such feedback on that forum.   Rather they religiously celebrate and worship such posters. Then why make such a fuss over here?   Viz:  If I fail in an exam, will I criticize or laugh at my colleagues who also fail in the same exam ?

Edited by Frustrated

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

This is the problem with OP. Before pointing out the loopholes on this forum, he should hv pointed out (on Pakpassion ) that some of the posts by his fellow poyz on the idian team are downright disgusting.  I regularly visit Pakpassion .  No pakistani poster (not even the OP) has shared any such feedback on that forum.   Rather they religiously celebrate and worship such posters. Then why make such a fuss over here?   Viz:  If I fail in an exam, will I criticize or laugh at my colleagues who also fail in the same exam ?

To extend ur metaphor, If u fail in ur exam, do u not do anything about it just because ur friends failed too? No, u try to improve and do better the next time. What the other forums problems are, should not be a criterion to improve this forum. And if u find problems with the other forum, go post those grievances there. Some ppl had complaints with this forum and they posted it here. I see nothing wrong with that 

4 minutes ago, Cricketphile said:

To extend ur metaphor, If u fail in ur exam, do u not do anything about it just because ur friends failed too? No, u try to improve and do better the next time. What the other forums problems are, should not be a criterion to improve this forum. And if u find problems with the other forum, go post those grievances there. Some ppl had complaints with this forum and they posted it here. I see nothing wrong with that 

Well, OP has always had the option of reporting the post/s which he did not like. Thats is as good as making a grievance.  No need for explicitly mentioning it on this thread , considering the track record and the overall filthy attitude by his own forum members towards the indian team.  It looks like "hypocrisy".  I never said ICF (as a forum) should not be improved. It's upto the mods to decide on that. Better if we leave it to them.

15 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Well, OP has always had the option of reporting the post/s which he did not like. Thats is as good as making a grievance.  No need for explicitly mentioning it on this thread , considering the track record and the overall filthy attitude by his own forum members towards the indian team.  It looks like "hypocrisy".  I never said ICF (as a forum) should not be improved. It's upto the mods to decide on that. Better if we leave it to them.

I’ve reported numerous posts here in the past, as I’m sure the op has as well. Mentioning it here is another way to make the whole community and the mods aware of what he perceives to be a problem. And as u mentioned, the mods r who have to take action, and unless if the op is a mod of the other forum, then he is just as helpless to what the posts there as he is here 

I think there is great scope for this forum to get better in terms of focussed discussion and not getting lost into fruitless conversations and abusive posts. I agree that pakpassion has lot of bigotry , surprisingly by expat Pakistanis from UK. Infact resident Pakistanis are somewhat more educated on their posts compared to their UK counterparts a lot of whom looks to have a very toxic outlook. Regardless of that, we don't need to be abusive here and treat pakpassion content as a benchmark. We should strive for a respectful environment where everybody is able to express opinions and disagreements along with critical analysis on topics. We should not ridicule each other and calling names, religion, nationalities. I am sure our parents did not give us that kind of education and we also do not want our kids to be paranoid continuously.

15 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Sorry, what? I hardly ever post on the ‘other forum’ but you will never find abuse on this level directed towards Indian’s there.

I have the right to criticise.

You sure about that? I took a visit there recently, left to right, people are bashing and downright insulting BD for not touring, somehow india is getting bashed along side for their decision. Your own mods are bashing BCCI citing conspiracy. When someone actually makes a valid point against PCB, poof their comment is gone. Modern day NAZI. You call it wtv you want, atleast you have a lot more freedom here to express your thoughts (be it positive or negative). Also, when you do report here, mods does clean up the forum. 

However I agree with you on one thing, this forum is getting overly full of religious comments which I myself dislike.

Edited by Zero_Unit

18 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

You sure about that? I took a visit there recently, left to right, people are bashing and downright insulting BD for not touring, somehow india is getting bashed along side for their decision. Your own mods are bashing BCCI citing conspiracy. When someone actually makes a valid point against PCB, poof their comment is gone. Modern day NAZI. You call it wtv you want, atleast you have a lot more freedom here to express your thoughts (be it positive or negative). Also, when you do report here, mods does clean up the forum. 

However I agree with you on one thing, this forum is getting overly full of religious comments which I myself dislike.

Not just that their mods and one sports generalist openly endorse the opinion that modi and his fasist agenda are the reason for the backlash which they receive from India. They discuss this in each and every topic on their cricket thread.

I m sure if an indian would hv created this kind of thread on Pakpassion, it would hv been deleted by now.   Of course, Pakpassion should not be a yard stick to improve this forum. My point is that , poyz fans should be the last one to complain over here. Complaints from fans of all other countries are acceptable.