This nonsense about dropping Shaw needs to stop

maniac

I’m hearing a lot of so called cricket experts on YouTube channels and elsewhere saying Shaw is not ready or he has technical deficiencies.

This is absolute bs 

It is refreshing to see a player like Shaw open the innings in full fledged attack mode.

Shaw is a special talent and is an out and out match winner.

While I like Gill and think he needs to get in too but I think Gill should replace the Rahane’s of the world.

Shaw needs to be backed. Hope our TM does this even though have no faith in those idiots.

15 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

He should not be dropped after 1 match,he does has MAJOR technical problems though,if you cant see that then you need new eyes.

So did Sehwag and so does Warner in swinging conditions. Care to check Warner record  in spinning and swinging conditions? I will still pick a match winner like Warner for tests.

Shaw if he survives will win you matches like Sehwag did. 

Player like that  needs confidence and backing. Not to be told that he doesn’t have  what it takes in most conditions 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

So did Sehwag and so does Warner in swinging conditions. Care to check Warner record  in spinning and swinging conditions? I will still pick a match winner like Warner for tests.

Player like that  needs confidence and backing. Not to be told that he doesn’t have  what it takes in most conditions 

Warner and Sehwag huge failures apart from their home conditions.  People have forgotten test cricket opening is about blunting the new ball in helpful conditions.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

warner and sehwag didnt have fundamental weakness like Shaw,its correctable but its upto him,he will get chances but there are a lot of choices for openers right now 

whether it be Shaw or any body else , a rookie needs to be persisted with giving a few matches at least. I think at least in Shaw's case , the TM has acted sensibly. He is only  20. Has the  carefree confidence of a teenager that would allow him to play fearless cricket. If he clicks that would be a major   boost for the side. Otherwise , can be dropped and others can be  tried. Nothing to lose here.

6 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Is there any post where you have elaborated upon this fundamental weakness? What is this weakness exactly?

for an opener he cant play with a straight bat,he wants to hit everything  square.this is not a huge deal in india but if the ball,moves,he is in serious  trouble. 

15 hours ago, maniac said:

Why back when you know you will get 1-2 knocks (in swinging conditions) worth remembering in whole career.

people who are blaming him should realize one thing. Sehwag  played attacking cricket and  fared successfully in AUS & WI as an opener.Even in his first tours he fared superbly as an opener in ENG & as a middle order batsman in SAF. Sehwag's only problem was being mismanaged .If managed properly

I am sure he would have been brilliant in 3 out of SENA +WI . So let us wait and see with Shaw.  

6 hours ago, SUMO said:

Why back when you know you will get 1-2 knocks (in swinging conditions) worth remembering in whole career.

In recent times only Cook has had some success blocking away in tough conditions.

Pujara’s blockathon has been useful only in Aus but the pitches were not swing or spin pitches, so on the other end he had either Kohli or Mayank who gave good positive starts in Aus.

I am not suggesting hacks because I don’t think neither Warner or Sehwag can be called hacks but if the option is between someone like Akash Chopra or Sehwag or Rogers or Warner I know 100% who will be my pick 

20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Warner and Sehwag huge failures apart from their home conditions.  People have forgotten test cricket opening is about blunting the new ball in helpful conditions.

But still they have a fear factor among opposition. In swing or spin conditions everyone struggles but these guys can win matches on their own.

There are 2 categories one is guys like Munro,Roy or even Dhawan who are not suited for that format but on the other hand we have players like Sehwag, Warner and Rohit who can turn the game in any condition if they get settled.

Shaw is in the 2nd category. He is not a hack, yes he is young and gets carried away and his athleticism needs to improve a lot for international but his batting approach and style is right up there.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:17 AM, rkt.india said:

No expert will ever call Warner and Sehwag as failed openers. They were not as successful in certain conditions. Does not make them lesser players.

15 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Nobody can drop a player who is busy injuring his toe/leg and other parts of his body to sit out of games. :hatsoff:

He is a terrible athlete too. I can see him picking up more injuries. His running between the wickets is horrendous for a top order batsman. Even Ganguly was much quicker than him

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

He is a terrible athlete too. I can see him picking up more injuries. His running between the wickets is horrendous for a top order batsman. Even Ganguly was much quicker than him

What makes it even worse is his technique. Poor technique, Poor running between the wickets. So he won’t score, he won’t let the other guy score.