Cancel the ODI series

4 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

I am all for that. I myself have been trying to not go out if it doesn't require me to, and I live in CAN. My POV was, in a place like India, cricket matches or no cricket matches, it will spread like wildfire due to population crisis. 

While we are on that subject, seems like Asia v world has been put on hold for now which is the right decision. I donno why India is going on with these meaningless bileteral series when there is a possible outbreak

I can totally understand your concern, but people here are too lazy. Even screening is not done in airports. I guess we'll have to hope that things don't get serious.

Going/ not going to stadiums is a far easier choice for individuals as opposed to going out to earn a livelihood.  You may not be able to stop (at this stage) folks from going to work but you CAN and SHOULD stop them from participating in less important public engagement.  Games clearly fall in the latter category.

I'm all in support of either cancelling or playing to empty stadia.  This is some serious crap and if we can use the series to send a message to everyone here, I'm all for it.  

Just because India is all about crowds and crowd density, that's no reason we should not be taking as many steps as we can, even if it's an overreaction.

Also, by the way, I live here and the level of public engagement is on the decline.  I dunno about you guys, but Holi this time was very subdued in the part of Delhi that I live in.  

Plus I travel interstate and traffic is also declining.

Edited by NameGoesHere

My great  hope is that India will cope short of a massive disaster as we have done in the past- we saw the same panic during the AIDs crisis, the SARS crisis, and even the Surat/ Mumbai pandemic of 1994 (even though a fair few died in this last, anyone remember that? Later conspiracy theories claimed it to be an American biowar experiment), without a national crisis.

But in the meantime IMO IPL too should be played to empty stadia.   Again, is it an overreaction? Maybe but right now I'm all for cutting down all inessential public engagement.

This thing takes on in India, we're really screwed given our crowd density, poor primary and secondary healthcare and underdone medicare in general.  

Edited by NameGoesHere
31 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

This thing takes on in India, we're really screwed given our crowd density, poor primary and secondary healthcare and underdone medicare in general. 

Not to mention worse living conditions, as you've seen even in the thread above most uninformed people took this very lightly! Imagine over a billion not knowing what the potential ramifications of nCoV are, besides the basic hygiene needed to slow down its spread.

And I'll repeat ~ THIS THING IS AIRBORNE :ahhhhh:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487110-tests-indicate-coronavirus-can-survive-in-the-air?amp

Edited by R!TTER

Bullshit. there are more than 40k traveling in trains in the metros and Indians don't have the hygiene to wear masks or at the very least cover their mouths when coughing. Better pray to coronamariyamma to escape this virus. Broscience and belief is better than this media created fear of the virus. I'm not watching this series but not because of the corona virus but the corona drinking virus

post_image_bdfe4da.jpg