COVID-19 situation in India

Trichromatic

15 hours ago, Laaloo said:

My cousin just had a baby girl in Surat and they celebrated as there was no virus. There were at least 10 different families touching the baby. And I dont think anyone wore masks. These people just do not understand the gravity of the situation. 

Many Indians live in their own bubble. They overestimate themselves completely and underestimate others...

20 hours ago, speedheat said:

Arrey yaar! You are one of the most sensible posters of ICF, stop defending such clowns.

I was not defending, but pointing to smart editing. It is pigheaded to claim there is no Corona, but his point was political about lockdown, in any case of lockdown is preventing him to hold rallies, it is good to stop the spread.

20 hours ago, speedheat said:

Don't know what those two posters said but I guess it must be something about strict lockdown imposed by modi government in March but here Mr. Ghosh is daydreaming.

When there was lockdown and numbers were low, these people complained about economy jobs etc. Now that lockdown is lifted and obviously numbers are up as people are flouting norms, these people are only counting positive cases and complaining. If people don’t follow basic discipline, social distancing, not wearing masks, number to badega hi. Good thing is fatality rate is low and also recovery rates are pretty good compared to other countries. State governments are also responsible, also people have to do their part. Govt has to focus on economy and growth, while these numbers are going to be there for a long time

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

When there was lockdown and numbers were low, these people complained about economy jobs etc. Now that lockdown is lifted and obviously numbers are up as people are flouting norms, these people are only counting positive cases and complaining. If people don’t follow basic discipline, social distancing, not wearing masks, number to badega hi. G

I was opposed to Draconian and stupid lockdowns which central government and state governments imposed. Punjab Government still has night curfew. Can anyone explain how night curfew will stop Corona. And it's not like the other countries are in  total lockdown . Pak , BD , SL everywhere cases are Coming down or in control. Only in india and few countries Corona is out of control.

I was opposed to Draconian and stupid lockdowns which central government and state governments imposed. Punjab Government still has night curfew. Can anyone explain how night curfew will stop Corona. And it's not like the other countries are in  total lockdown . Pak , BD , SL everywhere cases are Coming down or in control. Only in india and few countries Corona is out of control.

Testing in India is way higher

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Testing in India is way higher

It's still lower than Europe and we already surpassed Germany and more than 50% cases per million than France despite 1/3 or 1/4 testing in cases per million. So we are already as affected as Europe

It's still lower than Europe and we already surpassed Germany and more than 50% cases per million than France despite 1/3 or 1/4 testing in cases per million. So we are already as affected as Europe
Thought you were comparing with neighbors? While I don't trust the data in India fully,I trust the data from neighbors even less.lets not compare with Europe in terms of tests.

55 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Thought you were comparing with neighbors? While I don't trust the data in India fully,I trust the data from neighbors even less.lets not compare with Europe in terms of tests.

Pak conducted 15k tests per mil , BD 11k . India 52k . So even you increase pak case by 3-4 times it's still 1500-2000 per day much better than india. Increase BD cases by 4.5 times  it's still 6-7k per day. Still better than India.

Pak conducted 15k tests per mil , BD 11k . India 52k . So even you increase pak case by 3-4 times it's still 1500-2000 per day much better than india. Increase BD cases by 4.5 times  it's still 6-7k per day. Still better than India.
That is if you believe their numbers lol

On 9/13/2020 at 1:56 AM, coffee_rules said:

When there was lockdown and numbers were low, these people complained about economy jobs etc. Now that lockdown is lifted and obviously numbers are up as people are flouting norms, these people are only counting positive cases and complaining. If people don’t follow basic discipline, social distancing, not wearing masks, number to badega hi. Good thing is fatality rate is low and also recovery rates are pretty good compared to other countries. State governments are also responsible, also people have to do their part. Govt has to focus on economy and growth, while these numbers are going to be there for a long time

People have forgotten how their Governments went on war footing pleading every manufacturer for PPE, Ventilators, even Paracetamol and Hydrochloroquinn. They even brought new laws, threatened each other, just so that they can get access to what they think their people need.  Situation was so incoherent that Governments were not trusting other Governments because Governments were lining to each other and even lieing now.

Now, After initial few months of sever Lockdowns, most Governments have enough info about the virus and based on that info they  opening sector of economy with some Corona restrictions. But as usual, some people think they are smarter, more knowledgeable,, better idea, are more concerned about state of Nation and Nationals then Government.

PS: IMO, ever national leader including Pakistan Immy Dimmy has done their best and honest struggle against Corona considering the state of their Nations.

Total 6 members in my family were tested positive last month, including me. My father & uncle were the first who were tested positive as they had fever, cough & cold. I guess it was from their workplace it spread, especially my father's. One colleague of my father passed away due to COVID related illness a few days back & many from his office got admitted in private hospitals where a hefty amount was charged from them.
As my grandfather is quite old so we got him admitted in hospital even though he was fine we did not want to take any risk & after a week in hospital he was discharged. Rest 5 of us were home quarantined, the medicines given to us were Azithromycin, Vitamin-C tablets containing zinc & Paracetamol to be taken occasionally if someone catches fever. I got an Oximeter to keep track on pulse rate & Oxygen levels. Respiratory exercises, inhaling steam, consuming hot water & gargling helped. Now we all are fit & fine, no complications whatsoever as I was sure from the beginning it was just mild symptoms.

If you ask me about the COVID numbers , it is massively underreported & with Antigen tests you just cannot be 100 percent sure. Swab tests being more costly isn't being done that much in my area. While the state of govt. hospitals & testing centers is extremely bad, they are converting Anganbadi & local community buildings into COVID testing centers where there is no hygiene. PPE kits, testing equipment are thrown away randomly in open spaces. Nobody follows social distancing even in those testing zones, hence if a non-infected person comes with his relative to get tested & the result comes out negative there is a very high chance he might be infected by being in that atmosphere for a few hours. Fake news is being published in the newspapers about COVID testing being done in various private pathology centers & few private hospitals. I personally contacted them & found that not a single private pathology lab is currently testing on COVID , they've planned to do so but haven't decided on a fixed date. If you are a COVID patient then in private hospitals you'd be directly sent to ICU ward & the charges being levied is simply atrocious.
Just try to improve your overall immunity & avoid roaming outside for no reason. Don't neglect your health if you somehow get cough, cold. Tastelessness, loss of smell is the first indicator. Keeping the spirits high in such situation will always help.

Edited by Turning_track

1 hour ago, Turning_track said:

Total 6 members in my family were tested positive last month, including me. My father & uncle were the first who were tested positive as they had fever cough & cold. I guess it was from their workplace it spread, especially my father's. One colleague of my father passed away due to COVID related illness a few days back & many from his office got admitted in the private hospitals where a hefty amount was charged from them.
As my grandfather is quite old so we got him admitted in hospital even though he was fine we did not want to take any risk & after a week in hospital he was discharged. Rest 5 of us were home quarantined, the medicines which were given to us from testing center were Azithromycin, Vitamin-C tablets containing zinc & Paracetamol to be taken occasionally if someone catches fever. I got an Oximeter to keep track on pulse rate & Oxygen levels. Respiratory exercises, inhaling steam, consuming hot water & gargling helped. Now we all are fit & fine, no complications whatsoever as I was sure from the beginning it was just mild symptoms.

If you ask me about the numbers , it is massively underreported & with Antigen tests you just cannot be 100 percent sure. Swab tests aren't being conducted that much in my area & it is costly. The state of govt. hospitals & testing centers is extremely bad, they are converting Anganbadi & local community buildings into COVID testing centers where there in no hygiene. PPE kits, testing equipment are thrown away randomly in open spaces. Nobody follows social distancing even in testing areas, hence if a non-infected person comes with his relative to get tested & the result comes out negative there is a very high chance he might be infected by being in that atmosphere for a few hours. Fake news is being published in the newspapers about COVID testing being done in various private pathology centers & few hospitals. I personally contacted them & found that not a single private pathology lab is currently testing on COVID , they've planned but haven't decided on a fixed date. If you are a COVID patient then hospitals are directly sending you to ICU ward & the charges being levied is simply atrocious.
Just try to improve your overall immunity & avoid roaming outside for no reason. Don't neglect your health if you somehow get cough, cold. Tastelessness, loss of smell is the first indicator. Keeping the spirits high in such situation will always help.

Feel better dude.  Atleast Modi is insisting people on wearing masks. And he is being an example of it unlike the moronic Trumpie we have.

2 doctors whom I know, one from Mumbai and the other a young lady in Delhi were tested positive. The former recovered after a brief stint with fever, the latter being a gastroenterologist is showing no proper signs of recovery even after being home quarantined.

It pains me so much to watch/read news about the death of so many young doctors, nurses, ward boys even policemen in their line of duty.

They are literally fighting on the frontline & I saw them without proper PPE kits in close proximity dealing with COVID patients. My very own state govt. is not even providing these COVID warriors with masks, asking them to wash & re-use those masks.

Edited by Turning_track

On 9/27/2020 at 4:51 PM, SK_IH said:

Guys just wanted to share that I work in Delhi and my boss was tested Covid positive this week. Accordingly rest of the staff were tested who came in contact.
And most of us have tested positive, so stay safe as Corona is very active, please don't roam around unnecessarily as the 2nd wave is well & truly on.

Tested negative, the feeling is of relief :two_thumbs_up:

It's so depressing to isolate yourself & stay in a room for 2-3 weeks. ICF & IPL provided some much needed entertainment.

My opinion on CoVID situation in Delhi atleast is most persons don't go for tests even when there are symptoms. Numbers are coming down in India but i don't think the situation is any better. I work in one of the topmost offices of Govt of India & the kind of restrictions/caution I see there (cases are still there in our office), has been sadly forgotten by general public now.

Just take care & Covid is active beast, don't forget the mask & other precautions.