Sushant singh rajput commits suicide, found hanging in his apartment

Ankit_sharma03

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

I saw a clip of some Hindi news channel, he was apparently paying 5 lakh rs per month as rent.

That sounds like a lot to me even if it is Bandra or whatever. May be I am out of touch with average Indian rents.

I used to pay a 10th of that in Bengaluru in Jakkur in 2015. In whitefield it was common to pay 1.25l , so 5L for SoMu is pretty much expected. These are 4BHK independent houses what they call as villas. 

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I used to pay a 10th of that in Bengaluru in Jakkur in 2015. In whitefield it was common to pay 1.25l , so 5L for SoMu is pretty much expected. These are 4BHK independent houses what they call as villas. 

Yeah, I mean I don’t Know his family background but if I had to guess  he comes across as someone from a middle class family and just being at the beginning of his career that still seems a lot and a probably the expenditure is a way to keep up appearances.

He had some success but it’s not like he was in a Dangal or Baahubali or something that made him a super star. He is still an upcoming actor with a lot of potential and I will add proven potential.

Anyways I don’t think it’s just financial stress, but I think it could be a contributing factor.

Also from casually following the rumors or interviews it seems like all the 2nd gen silver spoons and a few selected elite from rich families with an urban upbringing Seem to have their own clique in Bollywood  so being a guy from Bihar and that too a Middle class up bringing everything  might have found  it out of place. Again this is just my assumption If  you can call it that.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

Shocking. I have seen him in 2-3 movies. Very talented actor and also self-made instead of being a product of nepotism which is 90% of Bollywood. Om Shanti!

Seems to me that he has a similar story to Telugu actor Uday Kiran. For people not familiar, Uday Kiran came out of now where without any background had 2-3 super hit movies in his first 1-2 years, became a heartthrob and then after that had a string of flops and suddenly within a couple of years became obscure and no one backed him

up as he didn’t have a godfather. He got depressed and one fine day committed suicide.

I think this is a similar story here unless there is something more sinister or more personal involved. 

My wife was telling the same story. Chiranjeevi daughter etc.

In case of Sushant he apparently had close friends from his village and did not have many friends in bollywood. He lost his manager and his erstwhile gf got engaged recently. Not sure if he had financial difficulties but looks like prolonged depression.. Wonder why his family did not support him more..or did they not know this is so sad.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I saw a clip of some Hindi news channel, he was apparently paying 5 lakh rs per month as rent.

That sounds like a lot to me even if it is Bandra or whatever. May be I am out of touch with average Indian rents.

4.5 l quite a lot. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

My wife was telling the same story. Chiranjeevi daughter etc.

In case of Sushant he apparently had close friends from his village and did not have many friends in bollywood. He lost his manager and his erstwhile gf got engaged recently. Not sure if he had financial difficulties but looks like prolonged depression.. Wonder why his family did not support him more..or did they not know this is so sad.

According to news,his sister had joined him in Mumbai.

Was taking meds for depression which he had for last 6 months.

This is so scary. He had friends at his place when he did this.Lonely with people around.

Edited by beetle

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

According to news,his sister had joined him in Mumbai.

Was taking meds for depression which he had for last 6 months.

This is so scary. He had friends at his place when he did this.Lonely with people around.

Thats the modern world today. Everything on the surface, and inside/deeper it can be very different.

Having friends, parties yet lonely inside.

Spending money, buying things yet big debts inside.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

He donated 1Cr in 2018 for the floods. So on surface, 5L rent affordable...

15 hours ago, randomGuy said:

That's correct I have been saying this ...lock town will take and is taking massive massive toll on children's mental health also as they are not able to go to school for 6 months nearly.

which is why I was in favour of and I am in favour of opening schools immediately ...children are not found to die from corona anyways.

What are you talking man!!!. Even though what you are saying may be right but children's can't follow social distancing. Who wants their children to get infected it's bettertter no school for an year than corona suffering and torture.

Edited by raki05

I read through his Bucket list of 50 things to do in life on twitter.. (sep 13, 2019)

And he was not your average Bollywood buff who was good at acting/dancing only.. he was a well-read guy.. he was into space, nasa, cricket/cheess,fitness, travelling, education etc.. 

This doesn't make sense... should have been a level-headed guy.. but sister saying he was in depression for 6 months tells a different story.. so he was suffering from depression/loneliness.. and lock down could have just pushed him off the edge.. 

26 minutes ago, veer said:

I read through his Bucket list of 50 things to do in life on twitter.. (sep 13, 2019)

And he was not your average Bollywood buff who was good at acting/dancing only.. he was a well-read guy.. he was into space, nasa, cricket/cheess,fitness, travelling, education etc.. 

Seems he was a national level Physics olympiad candidate..  

On an unrelated note, this is in my bucket list too along with the complete Feynman lectures 

38. Finish reading the entire Resnick - Halliday physics book

59 minutes ago, diga said:

Seems he was a national level Physics olympiad candidate..  

On an unrelated note, this is in my bucket list too along with the complete Feynman lectures 

38. Finish reading the entire Resnick - Halliday physics book

Prepared for IIT in past? :cantstop:

15 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Haha...where do you live where schools are this organized, buddy ? Are we talking about India or some first world European country ? Please step out of your bubble. Most schools in India are not nearly so well organized to maintain adequate social distancing. Hell, normally 25-30 kids are packed into a van which can hold 5-6 people for transporting them to school and back. There is a ratio of 1:50 or more, for teacher to students. I really doubt this reality can be changed in an instant in India.

Anyway, this thread is not about reopening of schools or the lockdown. Let's not divert the thread.

Delhi, my school(a govt. school) has 2200 students with 50-60 students per section and 24 desks per section... strange that you say that I live in a bubble when I am teaching in a overcrowded govt school. I am saying social distancing is extremely possible and RATHER EASY to enforce in schools even in overcrowded govt schools. Maybe I should share the document of guidelines.

3 hours ago, veer said:

This doesn't make sense... should have been a level-headed guy.. but sister saying he was in depression for 6 months tells a different story.. so he was suffering from depression/loneliness.. and lock down could have just pushed him off the edge.. 

The guy has a worth of 50 cr plus.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

Yeah, I mean I don’t Know his family background but if I had to guess  he comes across as someone from a middle class family and just being at the beginning of his career that still seems a lot and a probably the expenditure is a way to keep up appearances.

He had some success but it’s not like he was in a Dangal or Baahubali or something that made him a super star. He is still an upcoming actor with a lot of potential and I will add proven potential.

Anyways I don’t think it’s just financial stress, but I think it could be a contributing factor.

Also from casually following the rumors or interviews it seems like all the 2nd gen silver spoons and a few selected elite from rich families with an urban upbringing Seem to have their own clique in Bollywood  so being a guy from Bihar and that too a Middle class up bringing everything  might have found  it out of place. Again this is just my assumption If  you can call it that.

He was getting 4-5 cr per film. His net worth more than 50 cr.