Ricky ponting post match dressing room speech

Ankit_sharma03

On 9/27/2020 at 10:48 AM, maniac said:

These things are private and shouldn’t be leaked to keep the sanctity or the dressing room.

Dude nothing much private here. This is common thing in NFL, NBA or NHL।

IPL is just copying that and really its not that bad to show team‘s pep talk before or in the middle of the game to the viewers. It just enhances the coverage and also helps the viewers to understand the game better.

Many fans who watch these IPL kind of cricket leagues don’t even understand the game, all they know is if someone hits a six then he is better than other bats and if Unadkat takes a wicket than he may be better than Bumrah. Such pep talks can actually teach them that game is not about averages but bowling and batting in p’ships which the coaches like Ponting will talk about with aggression. 

I am sure soon they will start showing this stuff in the middle of the game too instead of showing some stupid camera shots of some bunty or babli drinking coke in the stands. I think its better for the punlic to see this kind of stuff.

I don't think you'll see any in-game talks like this but there's no problem showing after match talks.  They usually come out well after the fact and I'm sure TM has made sure anything that could be construed as even remotely controversial has been edited out.  I love these clips because I think Ponting is the greatest coach in the league.  Great to hear his words after the matches.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, Sonix768 said:

I would love to see Ravi Shastri's speeches in Indian team's dressing room :) 

Something to this tune;

Ghalib, sharab peene do masjid mein baithkar,

ya woh jagah bata jahan par khuda na ho

Edited by Mariyam