How come Surya kumar Yadav has never been selected for Intl squads?

I6MTW

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

there is no balance in his shot making. IPL pitches,boundaries are not a good judge of a players quality but as I said he has earned his shot so no problem if he is tried. You get a lot of slogs, inside/top edges etc but in internationals you will be found out. Not saying he cannot evolve though

T20s are not always about balance,he is scoring,which matters

Pandey,Jadeja are his competitors, seriously?

Whole England t20 line up is unbalanced. they play it the way it should be

Edited by Suhaan

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He may not perform if selected but how one can see it beforehand?

Atleast give yourself a chance ,just see him how he goes,he is 30,if not now ,when?

Exactly we need to try right set of players ...not all will come good but atleast the approach to select certain kind of players is must

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

T20s are not always about balance,he is scoring,which matters

Pandey,Jadeja are his competitors, seriously?

Whole England t20 line up is unbalanced. they play it the way it should be

I am with you on all of those points and I agree about Surya getting a run but still don’t rate him but what else can A player do to earn his stripes. On that principle alone I am backing him actually. Me not rating him is just my personal preference but I have no issues and it is only fair if he gets a shot

Every captain influences team selection. This is Virat’s era...

Unfortunately, the best LOI captain Rohit never got chance to lead and select his own team. 
I’ve no shame to say that Rohit is and was a far better captain than both Dhoni & Virat...

Virat is actually not fit to captain... He doesn’t has the acumen which a Rohit has. 

In any case Rohit’s career is nearing end now...

37 minutes ago, maniac said:

He deserves to be in LOI squad.

Its a different debate that he is not international quality but still he earned his shot and needs to be selected. 

Lol..  we dont expect him to play 250 ODIs do we. If he has a decent career in 60/70 matches, he would have done his job. 

18 minutes ago, speedheat said:

The real mister cool... Baffles me how turds like Pandey and Iyer gets selected ahead of this guy. 

because Iyer and Pandey average 50+ in domestics have been performing year in and year out. As far as IPL go they have had their fair share of stellar knocks too case in point Pandey’s knock a couple of games ago which is probably the best knock this season. Not saying they are legends but don’t put down the efforts of others because we have a new flavor of the month. Let’s see what SKY does in internationals. Yes I feel for him that he didn’t get selected when likes of Dube,Markande or even Natarajan etc have earned a call up 

Edited by maniac