How come Surya kumar Yadav has never been selected for Intl squads?

I6MTW

Too much focus and obsession with six packs people and giving attention to players like Manish Pandey who are not cut out for t20 for India. As much as I consider fitness to be really important, having six packs like fit guys like Manish Pandey have or other players, doesn't mean other guys are any less motivated or should be overlooked. Suryakumar has been fantastic for Mumbai and deserves his chance. Don't care if he goes onto fail for India after giving chances, he deserves his chance. We have tried Manish Pandey enough in t20. Until Kohli is there he can't bat in top order. Manish Pandey in t20 just doesn't make sense, he will click once in 7 games when team is 40-3 once in a while. Most t20 pitches are flatter and you have to keep strike rate up, and SKY will do just that. 

SKY should have been part of the Australian tour and should have been included in all the three t20s there and heck even for 50 overs I say. 

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

look at our t20 selection n do u think our selectors, captain n coach understand what is t20

jadeja is still playing t20 who doesnt even do much for his franchise 

Why blame selectors when fans here were criticizing Pant left right and centre ,always asked him to change got completely sidelined and lost his game same with Pandya (who i think is indispensable in lois)

Im not saying Pant is supremely fit,but he wasn't treated anywhere well even by stupid fans who want to win WCs after WC

Edited by Suhaan

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why blame selectors when fans here were criticizing Pant left right and centre ,always asked him to change got completely sidelined and lost his game same with Pandya (who i think is indispensable in lois)

Im not saying Pant is supremely fit,but he wasn't treated anywhere well even by stupid fans who want to win WCs after WC

Exactly most fans are idiots they just live in present

I made a post about trying sky a year ago but ull read many saying he is a hack as we u need technically sound batsman in t20

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Look at the approach towards the innings, just counter attack against any bowler. No chutiyapa of taking it deep or building an innings. Indian cricket needs such mindset in limited overs cricket. 

Indian cricket needs people like Ed Smith

Untill then we will atmost reach SFs and be happy

Right ruthless approach ,vision can transform our cricket,no doubt but vested interests of few selfish guys won't let that happen ,which in simple words is called "superstar culture" ,"brand"

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

He deserves to be in LOI squad.

Its a different debate that he is not international quality but still he earned his shot and needs to be selected. 

Why do you  think he is not intl quality,he has played alike international stars who have been great in t20s

Those scoops,sweeps off international class bowlers is any less?

Don't think so,

what else can he do to make atleast the t20 squad?

Just now, Suhaan said:

Why do you  think he is not intl quality,he has played alike international stars who have been great in t20s

Those scoops,sweeps off international class bowlers is any less?

Don't think so,

what else can he do to make atleast the t20 squad?

there is no balance in his shot making. IPL pitches,boundaries are not a good judge of a players quality but as I said he has earned his shot so no problem if he is tried. You get a lot of slogs, inside/top edges etc but in internationals you will be found out. Not saying he cannot evolve though