2020 US election results watch !!!

velu

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

America is a vast country and even though its population might be way less than India, its still massively populated

Vast is not same as large area. India and US are comparable in their vastness ( land of course India is little less than 1/3rd). India is 4 times populous. Indian elections are a marvel. 

Edited by Vilander

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Vast is not same as large area. India and US are comparable in their vastness ( land of course India is little less than 1/3rd). India is 4 times populous. Indian elections are a marvel. 

You missed the whole context of the message. Time zones, , things which need to be done by the books etc like not counting early because its written in state’s laws as compared to in some state’s where you can count early - the whole country doesn’t work on the same schedule or follow same

laws, these things makes it challenging.  Pandemic requires you to further slow down and then dealing with a guy like Trump doesn’t help who played a big hand in stopping the vote count in Philadelphia. So these things take time. And this wasn’t landslide victory for Biden, almost half of the country voted against Biden - Trump had massive support, look at the sheer numbers. So its not easy. You learn drom everything. But I have faith in U.S system’s Qualtiy check (QC). 

31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

It will all come down swiftly after Biden comes to India and does the usual. US needs India to counter China. Nations run on interests not emotions. 

India needs to stop depending on U.S now. We need to strengthen and work sith countries in Oceania in Australia and we also have support of countries like Japan and also France and many others who are equally pissed with China. We need to collectively use their support. 

U.S is going to be busy fixing its own crap the  next few years. Economy is going to be fked because of covid, not just ours but of every nation. Remember, we haven’t reached inflation yet, real inflation is going to strike around summer next year I feel. So U.S won’t have any time looking at Indian issues. India must start building massive support with all other countries for now. Modi has done well in developing relationships with many nations and I hope he continues to do that. 

11 hours ago, FischerTal said:

again you completely avoided the looting just like the democratic mayors and started the usual talking points to justify the anarchy. 

Genuine BLM supporters don't do that. Few hooligans probably used it do it. Idea of BLM is not to loot stores.  After NBA win i have seen looting so you are going to call NBA is a terrorist organization? Same way during hurricane and flooding there are a lot of lootings.  Criminals use opportunities to do. But intention of BLM was to get racial justification. You picked the worst element and decide to equate them to BLM. That is intellectual dishonesty.  There are bad elements in all groups. Good elements too. If we don't like a group we pick the worse and make our case. With white supremacists there is no good element. Everything is bad. This is Trump's divisive talk for the less informed. Just pit one against another. Forcing them to take side by taking a side and labelling the other side. All these reality show tactics can't fool everybody.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

India needs to stop depending on U.S now. We need to strengthen and work sith countries in Oceania in Australia and we also have support of countries like Japan and also France and many others who are equally pissed with China. We need to collectively use their support. 

U.S is going to be busy fixing its own crap the  next few years. Economy is going to be fked because of covid, not just ours but of every nation. Remember, we haven’t reached inflation yet, real inflation is going to strike around summer next year I feel. So U.S won’t have any time looking at Indian issues. India must start building massive support with all other countries for now. Modi has done well in developing relationships with many nations and I hope he continues to do that. 

yes. Many countries don't even allow Americans to enter due to extremely poor handling of the virus and presence of far too many anti-science people. With republican senate filled with crooks like Mitch, Biden will have a whole lot of internal challenges to deal with.  Among the democrats he is probably the easiest person to talk to. I don't think, Modi has a good opinion about Trump. But he has to respect him for the position he holds. He has already wished both Biden and Kamala Harris in separate tweets.

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Cpt. Ajit Vadakayil has some suggestions for Trump :dance:. Cc @Real McCoy @Gollum 

shishya has done well following gurujis instructions to spam every national leaders emails and twitter. what both guru captn know it all and shishya dont know is no one who is in high position reads their own twitter but is managed by their IT team.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

It will all come down swiftly after Biden comes to India and does the usual. US needs India to counter China. Nations run on interests not emotions. 

Exactly!

I don't know why so many Indians ( not NRIs, the actual ones) are treating this as the end of the world.

We are joining the Quad or whatever.

Yes Biden may make some noises about Kashmir or CAA or 'rising intolerance in India' or whatever. Amounts to nothing. A lot of people made a lot of noise about Israel making Jerusalem its capital. What has changed on the ground? And I say 'may' because, he and the USA stand to gain nothing by making stupid comments.

Our defence and pharma sectors are far more inter linked today than ever before in our history. It is the start of a partnership of sorts. Whether a good move or a bad move, time will tell.

Also the USA is not the super power it used to be. In the 60s and 70s, when the USA was relatively a lot stronger and openly hostile to India, it wasn't able to do naught. Today they are barely able to contain a random collection of shepherds and village hicks in Afghanistan. To think that they would threaten India is laughable. That too an India that is able to secure partnerships with her energy providers.

People should have some faith in their country. We've come a long way since 1947.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:22 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Are you suggesting a movement like BLM was started to look stores and malls? Vast majority of the protesters were women, even little children with them. 

No, it was started with all noble intentions. Only let it to be hijacked by looters and anarchists and thus losing out on public opinion . Now all people remember George Floyd by the looting and rioting after his death. 

On 11/7/2020 at 6:58 AM, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think anyone was talking about her until she gave him back. Trust me youngsters are rabid climate activists. This is not liberal/republican thing.  Young republicans are as aggressive as Greta. This is not a partisan issue. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/25/916238283/light-years-ahead-of-their-elders-young-republicans-push-gop-on-climate-change

What has a 16-year old got to do advising a room full of scientists and environmentalists about climate change? Activism lost on logic. Just go back to school and let it handled by real fighters like salumarada thimakka and others who are fighting to change on the ground.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/climate/greta-thunberg-davos.html

Greta-Thunberg-speaks-at-Davos-e15796096

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Exactly!

I don't know why so many Indians ( not NRIs, the actual ones) are treating this as the end of the world.

We are joining the Quad or whatever.

Yes Biden may make some noises about Kashmir or CAA or 'rising intolerance in India' or whatever. Amounts to nothing. A lot of people made a lot of noise about Israel making Jerusalem its capital. What has changed on the ground? And I say 'may' because, he and the USA stand to gain nothing by making stupid comments.

Our defence and pharma sectors are far more inter linked today than ever before in our history. It is the start of a partnership of sorts. Whether a good move or a bad move, time will tell.

Also the USA is not the super power it used to be. In the 60s and 70s, when the USA was relatively a lot stronger and openly hostile to India, it wasn't able to do naught. Today they are barely able to contain a random collection of shepherds and village hicks in Afghanistan. To think that they would threaten India is laughable. That too an India that is able to secure partnerships with her energy providers.

People should have some faith in their country. We've come a long way since 1947.

On Kashmir issue I don't see Biden going beyond few speeches here and there like how Obama gave a speech on religious tolerance to India.