Found the missing ingredient to win the next game

maniac

Lolli needs to play this line up -

Dhawan (smiling assassin)

Agarwal

Lolli (captain supremo and best chaser ever*)

Iyer (young and dynamic hitter with polished accent)

Pandey (expert finisher)

Pandya (kar ke aya)

Jadeja (mandatory 10 - 0 -60 - 0 mr.consistent)

Thakur (swingy bowler lusty hitter and most desirable man of Indian cricket)

Saini (phassssssst)

Siraj (best miya ever)

Chahal (the best player on the field+)

* in India in day night matches against tatti bowlers under lights when there is full dew

+ in chess

Edited by Sandeep99
11 hours ago, sandeep said:

I spent $5000 to watch that test match, only to see tondu trundle in with the new ball at the Oval.  

Was it the 2011 series? I remember you posting about spending a lot of money for the WT20 2010 in WI IIRC. You are the ICF version of Anil Ambani spending insane money on failed ventures :giggle: 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Was it the 2011 series? I remember you posting about spending a lot of money for the WT20 2010 in WI IIRC. 

Yes it was the 2011 series.  The 2010 WT20 didn't cost much at all so you remember wrong - the game tickets were $20 a pop - for 2 back to back games, so $10 or so for a WC T20 game was super-affordable.  And I was able to snag cheap flights.  Even though India played terrible that tournament, it was my first ever time at a cricket stadium, and I was able to take my parents with me, who are also big cricket fans, so its one of my most cherished travel memories.  

2011 - I could have taken time off and gone to India for the WC, I had free tickets for the Ahmedabad Quarterfinal, but I ended up not going.  When India made the final, I I tried to find tickets but the best I could find was $1000 just for the game ticket, so the cheap gujju in me couldn't bring myself to get looted like that.  Instead, I 'compromised' with myself that I will go watch Tendy live in test cricket, in a headline test series in England, AND go to Trinidad to watch a ODI series.  

India were the #1 team back then, and it was supposed to be a good competitive series.  London is a much more expensive destination than the caribbean - just the test match tickets cost me $400.  I thought I will go for the 4th test, so that the team will have gotten its traditional crap performance early in the series out of the way, and I will get a good competitive game - banjo it was a **** show.  Zaheer pulled up lame in T1, and we just got shellacked. 

T4 at the oval was memorable for me because it was my first test cricket experience, but we got murdered.  Followed on and lost the test badly.  Still, got to watch Dravid score a fighting 100 in the 1st dig, and walk out to open in the 2nd.  Tendy also batted decent - he was on course for what would have been his 100th 100 - and the entire stadium knew it.  The buzz in the crowd, knowing they may watch history in the making, was awesome.  But it wasn't to be. Not uncharacteristically, Tendy was batting well up to 70 odd, but then tightened up noticeably - went into a shell trying to minimize risk.  Almost as if he was starting over.  And then got out to Swann - who was bowling beautifully.  

In hindsight, I do regret not being 'there' for India's WC win, but to be honest, I think I made the right decision.  The test cricket experience in London was amazing, and my trip to Trinidad was great too.  For US based fans, I think its a no-brainer to try and catch some cricket in the caribbean, especially if India is playing.  I highly recommend it.

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Lolli needs to play this line up -

Dhawan (smiling assassin)

Agarwal

Lolli (captain supremo and best chaser ever*)

Iyer (young and dynamic hitter with polished accent)

Pandey (expert finisher)

Pandya (kar ke aya)

Jadeja (mandatory 10 - 0 -60 - 0 mr.consistent)

Thakur (swingy bowler lusty hitter and most desirable man of Indian cricket)

Saini (phassssssst)

Siraj (best miya ever)

Chahal (the best player on the field+)

* in India in day night matches against tatti bowlers under lights when there is full dew

+ in chess

No Rahul? Who will be the keeper? Upon a time Pandey used to do part time keeping. Maybe have him as keeper? 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:12 AM, maniac said:

spacer.png

No trolling. Shardul can also go For 9 Overs 80+ type of spells that are main bowlers are going through but I have seen he has the knack of picking up wickets. He always picks up 1 or 2 wickets every game even though he is expensive. Honest trier in the field.  Big  fan of his batting. He can  maybe not match Pandya with the bat but definitely can match Jadeja with his hitting ability. 

Needs to be in the team as of yesterday. He will win you the next game.

Nailed it bro....

I think if you bowl him primarily in the middle overs he is a good player to provide balance...