Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

30 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

We will only get 2 sessions and a bit going by the forecast. We need to play natural game. Respect Cummins and hit out the bad balls from Lyon, Hazel and Starc. Once the overs remaining gets under 20, shut stop.

Yup...

Suspect there will be 60 to 70 overs tomorrow 

I had predicted 60 overs getting lost 4th n 5th day. As of now 23 is lost today. Tomorrow the weather forecast is 50 50. My prediction is we ll lose 30 overs. So India has to survive 65 overs. If Australians know its gonna rain they ll come up with the strategy of short bursts of 14 overs each per bowler across the day. 

we do not have a Sehwag like Dasher at the top.. Had there been one, we could have gone for this total.
As of now, the onus is on the Aussies to create something out of this

Draw will be a fair result for both the teams, unless India catapults 

I am really proud of how our players played with fighting spirit against all odds so far.

But Honestly I feel Aus bowling will go for the kill in this last push with pitch assisting them immensely. Already their fielding/catching have improved a lot. So we will get bundled in two sessions/55ov. I feel, the first session itself will see 6 wickets falling.

Even if we come close they will slow down over rate unlike us, definitely won't bowl 18 overs per hour if they are losing. And then negative bowling on this uneven pitch, they can limit us to 2.5 rpo even with Rohit and Pant well set. What do you think will happen if Cummins switches to round the wicket targeting the ribs with 6 players on leg side, Gabba larger ground than SCG. There is a reason these kind of freak chases on last day happen so rarely. 

5 hours ago, afan said:

we do not have a Sehwag like Dasher at the top.. Had there been one, we could have gone for this total.

Rohit Sharma is capable of playing run a ball. If he goes to bat with the intention of taking the attack and it comes off for at least one full session without losing too many wickets, could be a chance. But rain is forecasted for tomorrow as well.

Seriously no. Getting 328 on a weary pitch with cracks on it is unlikely. SCG pitch didnt crack on the final day which everyone was expecting but this one has cracks. Ironically the rain may have prevented it from further cracking for the time being but it will still be difficult no matter facing the pacers or spinners. We have to bat the first session out without losing wickets. Maybe then we can talk about going for it or not. If we are not much for 2, we have to shut down and look for a draw. Also don't go by rain predictions. Today's day was supposed to be washed off but we still got 70 odd overs of play. We have to plan for the worst which is 100 overs. I'll be happy with a draw. The team and the unexpected players in this match due to our injuries has already exceeded the expectations. Just need to get one more effort to finish this test with a draw and hopefully the senior players who played junior level shots in the first dig put their hands up and stop relying on noobs to bail them out again.