Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

PitchViz rates the pitch as a 5 currently(out of 10). That is harder to play on than on days 1-3 where it was rated a 4, but it is similar to MCG. It's not some monster. 

Update

At the end of the Aussie innings, the pitch is still rated a 5. If we bat well we can still draw this match, it isn't a demon yet. 

Edited by Tibarn
6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Aussies can set defensive fields and bowl negative lines if India is closing on the target. We need a very special innings from Rohit/Gill/Pant to set us up. Pant should be promoted ahead of Rahane

We got at least 5 strokemakers in the line up in the form of Rohit Gill Mayank Pant & Sundar discounting Shardul as he isn't a genuine bat.  I don't think defensive fields would work.  If we do restrict under 300 we are in with a chance.  

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

We got at least 5 strokemakers in the line up in the form of Rohit Gill Mayank Pant & Sundar discounting Shardul as he isn't a genuine bat.  I don't think defensive fields would work.  If we do restrict under 300 we are in with a chance.  

Is it still out of reach? 25 overs today, a full day tomorrow. Are the conditions challenging to bat?

16 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Is it still out of reach? 25 overs today, a full day tomorrow. Are the conditions challenging to bat?

Yes with the new ball it is challenging.  But an ideal stroke making ground.  I think it'll be close.  Need one among Rohit or Gill to make a big one. 

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

If India wins the game by chasing 300+ in Aus, Indian fans won't know how to express happiness.

If we win, our news channels and commentators will declare Australia is now an Indian colony. 

On topic I don't want to know. Need one more session to be wiped out and come out with a draw. 

Edited by jf1gp_1