Bharat Arun - "Kuldeep Yadav is bowling really well in nets, when we play England at home, that will be his time to perform".

28 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Will not believe this till they pick him in the 11. Poor guy last played a Test in Jan 2019 and picked a 5-er. He has neither been picked in the 11 nor allowed to go back to domestic cricket to sort out technical issues and get his confidence back

My worry is that Axar may sneak in because he turns the ball the other way compared to Ashwin and can bat a bit in theory.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

My worry is that Axar may sneak in because he turns the ball the other way compared to Ashwin and can bat a bit in theory.

Most likely he will in a 3 pronged spin attack with Ashwin and Sundar. They suddenly found Shahbaz Nadeem not to be good enough when he had been the next in the queue for the last 2-3 years. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:35 AM, putrevus said:

They see these guys in nets, I would have played Kuldeep in Gabba test too. Kuldeep looked lost after his IPL fiasco  2019.He will play few matches against England and let us see if he has improved anything.

Kuldeep needs to get out of the KKR set up. Unless they trade him he is stuck in 2021. Maybe 2022, a team that sees value in him and can back him some more will pick him up in auction.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:14 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Three spin + two man pace attack seems to be the plan.  Ashwin Kuldeep & Sundar. Batting depth is also good as Kuly is no mug. 

These new English players may have no idea how to play Kuly..  So that gives him an advantage.   Hopefully he turns up like other youngsters are 

Can't play 3 off spinners.

1 hour ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Really excited about Sundar, I really hope he can become a batting allrounder for us who can average 35+ with the bat and below 32 with the ball. Will give us so much depth, and allow us to play 4 proper bowlers + 2 allrounders combo

Sundar has the potential to be a 40+ average batsman and 30- average bowler in tests.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:00 PM, express bowling said:

Isn't that how it should be?  If Axar is accurate, I'd go with him. Accurate left arm spin is the hardest kind of spin for RHB's on turning wickets. Especially on day 4/ day 5. Just look at the way England are playing Embuldeniya. Axar would have better support in terms of pace and spin at the other end. SLA is a must!

Edited by Nikhil_cric
8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Isn't that how it should be?  If Axar is accurate, I'd go with him. Accurate left arm spin is the hardest kind of spin for RHB's on turning wickets. Especially on day 4/ day 5. Just look at the way England are playing Embuldeniya. Axar would have better support in terms of pace and spin at the other end. SLA is a must!

I don't really know how good Axar is in 5 day cricket these days. Did not look that good the last time I saw him in FC.

But it is possible that he has improved in recent times.

Although, with no Ranji Trophy this season, it is not really possible to gauge the 5 day form of a new player.

Which is why I was preferring a proven performer like Kuldeep ... who bowls a lot of googlies and can turn the ball away from the RHB too. 

On 1/23/2021 at 12:05 AM, putrevus said:

They see these guys in nets, I would have played Kuldeep in Gabba test too. Kuldeep looked lost after his IPL fiasco  2019.He will play few matches against England and let us see if he has improved anything.

Unless there is huge  huge improvements made by him , do not think he has become a master spinner . At least even the short format game he played looked the same old Kuldeep.

Could be pep talk to a guy who did not get even a single game . If he has really improved then hats off to Arun . But difficult to believe .

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Unless there is huge  huge improvements made by him , do not think he has become a master spinner . At least even the short format game he played looked the same old Kuldeep.

Could be pep talk to a guy who did not get even a single game . If he has really improved then hats off to Arun . But difficult to believe .

When has Kuldeep bowled badly in a 5 day game ?

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

When has Kuldeep bowled badly in a 5 day game ?

The statement is coming from guys who are working and looking at him at nets in Aus . He did play in December in a one dayer where you can show your wares in 10 overs .

There was nothing special or different which i saw than what he was earlier .  nearly  60 runs , and a wicket for a ball  not deserving a wicket.

i would be looking is he beating the bats regularly, does he get drift and turn, is he varying the pace with the same trajectory of the ball , If he wants to slow down the pace he has to lob it up now , which can be easily read by batsmen.  Fun is when he can bowl at a lower trajectory and bowl < 80  kph as well > 88 kph  with the same trajectory, is his flipper hurries through and he is getting more bowled & LBWs  He is also  supposed to have mastered bowling with more speed and revs . 

If you feel some one doing magnificently , first thing TM to do is test in practice game  before tests.. nothing happened . 

That is why  becomes tough to believe supposed to be "magnificent "  bowling . 

I would dearly like to be proved wrong as Kuldeep with lot of guile and control will be an asset any where, any pitch.