Rahane's India test career might end with the England tour this summer.

Rahane is arguably India's most likable test cricketer.

Calm & unassuming and a genuinely terrific guy.

Anyone who closely watched India's victory in Brisbane and Rahane's mannerisms even after the victory - there was still a straight faced tensed/serious look - not a great amount of joy as one might have expected after such a great feat for Indian cricket.

Here is the story -  a colleague of mine has a family astrologer based in Thane for over 30 years. 

Rahane and his family uses the same astrologer.

Jinks was apparently told that as a Makar rashi native.- he is going through his peak Sade Sati period and apparently the astrologer told him to prepare for life after international cricket within the end of 2021.  This has been playing on his mind and hence the utterly serious face even after the historic Brisbane victory. 

The current England series is just adding to the this. 

I hope this prediction turns out to be false as I have always been a huge supporter and strongly feel he has at least another 3-4 good years to serve India. 

The tour to England will be decisive. Hope he comes to his own. 

Edited by rangeelaraja
4 hours ago, King6 said:

Under kohi captaincy not happen. Rahane and pujara will play at least 2 years.

I thought Kohli's captaincy is under threat  bcoz of Rahane, why will Kohli back a player who can replace him as captain. 

Two highly contrasting controversial theories. 

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

I thought Kohli's captaincy is under threat  bcoz of Rahane, why will Kohli back a player who can replace him as captain. 

Two highly contrasting controversial theories. 

Kohli never harsh on senior players like dhoni. I like that quality in dhoni. That's why india win 2011 wc. I doubt Kohli will do that type of daring decisions.

28 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I expect many careers to end on that tour of England...not just Rahane.

If India win the WTC in June, it might be a repeat of the 2011 churn.

We had Virat Pujara Rahane Rohit Vijay Dhawan after 2011. Now who do we have other than Gill. Mayank is not young. Give me one just one name who is breaking doors in domestic cricket. JUST ONE

11 minutes ago, neel roy said:

We had Virat Pujara Rahane Rohit Vijay Dhawan after 2011. Now who do we have other than Gill. Mayank is not young. Give me one just one name who is breaking doors in domestic cricket. JUST ONE

not disputing that it will be an easy task.

nah, he will do just enough to retain his spot

On 3/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Adamant said:

thought Kohli's captaincy is under threat  bcoz of Rahane, why will Kohli back a player who can replace him as captain. 

where did you hear that? fans might have asked to replace kohli with rahane as captain but thats never going to happen anyway. Rahane is the exact type of deputy Kohli would want, a guy who is nice enough to warm his seat and get up as soon as he returns. The fact that he has better temperament and intuition as captain doesn't impose any threat as he is not the ambitious type

Sundar should play at no 5 six pant seven Jadeja / ashwin eight thakur/ pandya nine kumar / thakur ten Ishant eleven bumrah 

Rahane at the moment is inferior to sundar and teams balance is greatly helped with sundar bowling . 

regarding Sade sati - depends on what 1/3 part is he on . It’s common to go through tough times to become more humble . Does not mean it’s bad .