MI and DC players should form the core of the XI for T20 WC

Gollum

Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the XI be dominated by DC and MI players to give us the best chance of ending T20I title drought?

What say? Last year's finalists, 2 of the very best franchises. While MI may be reigning champs, DC has the highest ceiling...finishing 2nd despite 2 nuclear weapons in Shaw, Pant being out of sorts whole tourney. MI present kings, only a matter of time before the crown passes to Delhi. 

Not saying all 11 players must be from these 2 franchises but at least 8, can go up to 10.

Rohit(c)

Shaw

Kishan

SKY

Pant (Pant and SKY can swap positions to keep L-R combo)

Hardik

Krunal/Axar (still think both are better than Sir in this format)

Ashwin/Sundar

R Chahar

Bumrah

Nattu/Saini....a few options we have here from outside the 2 top franchises...even Shardul if we want more depth in batting. 

Thoughts on this XI @Ankit_sharma03 @SK_IH @Suhaan@GeeGaw and DCfam, even Bambi supporters @Mariyam @Stan AF feel free to chime in. 

Dynamic high SR batting lineup, best white ball captain in the country, Rohit can bat his usual way because of swashbuckling partner(s), L-R combo, many 6 hitters, reasonable depth. 6 bowling options: 2 frontline quicks, Hardik, 3 spinners all different.......miserly SLA, attacking wristy, offie who can operate in PP/death and against LHBs. 

What use is the IPL (highest standard of T20 cricket outside WT20) if it can't form basis for T20 WC selection :dontknow:

:rose:to all Bambis here, let the 2 great houses :mi:and:dc:unite for a greater cause. Too long has the world title eluded us. 

Edited by Gollum
10 minutes ago, zen said:

At the moment, I would only look at Pant from DC, whose performance tends to depend upon Rabada & Norjke' form (these two can't play for Ind) ... Shaw may be in future if he shows good form and improves his fielding 

Same could be said for every franchise. Main reason why MI won last year was cos of overseas picks: Boult's opening spells esp against top orders dominated by Indian RHBs, opener Kock, Pollard. Ultimately it is an Indian team and we must look at Indian players, best combo, variety, keeping the main event in mind.  

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Same could be said for every franchise. Main reason why MI won last year was cos of overseas picks: Boult's opening spells esp against top orders dominated by Indian RHBs, opener Kock, Pollard. Ultimately it is an Indian team and we must look at Indian players, best combo, variety, keeping the main event in mind.  

MI already has players who can form the core of Ind team ... Pick any other franchise with it in combination and the resulting team would still be good ... Only Ind player from DC worth his weight in gold is Pant at the moment

While MI is filled with game breakers,as OP said DC have 2-3 impact players in Pant,Shaw,Ashvin

At the end no of match winners trumps a team with 2-3 brilliant individuals

Although Dhawan did well for the most part, but he seems limited in this class of competition

India should have moved on from Dhawan way back,Kishan should be given a long rope,impact players play high risk game which can't come off everyday,Kishan ,SKY shouldn't be benched for Dhawan ,Iyer

They have played equally competitive attacks in IPL,no way they will fail each time in internationals if given a consistent run

This is a no brainer MI presence has to dominate in our t20xi 

Edited by Suhaan

The way I see it, Rohit, Bumrah and Hardik will be in the final Indian 11 irrespective of any other players unless injuries force them not to play. These 3 players are more or less will be permanent fixtures in the T20 line up. No one can convince me otherwise.

I always used to bat for Rishabh Pant to open the batting along wth KL Rahul in LOI's (and I still do) that. One could see why Kishan was made to open yesterday. A heavy hitting left hander(which is a bonus) who can bash both spinners and fast ballers are the need of the hour in Indian opening positions and Ishan just did that. The kid hitting rashid for 4s and 6s was a delight to watch. I'm just glad that he grabbed the opportunity and stole the spotlight with the captain at the other end. I just don't see Dhawan getting any more games after this.

I had a feeling that Rishabh Pant wanted to hit more after seeing Ishan bat. Pant wanted to match shot for shot and just wanted to show the crowd that even after ishan had gone he's still there and he can do the same, if not better :laugh:

SKY yadav will do well in the middle order. I'm sure of it.  He just needs chances. But unfortunately, he is breathing down Iyer's neck and eyeing his position in the middle order. There will be a clash for that position at #5.

Other than Ishan, i was really glad to see Pandya do well with the ball. His figures don't show it fully but i could sense more game awareness and making the batsmen check their shots more often than not. Guys like Pandya offer the balance that every team captain wants badly.

Kohli and Rohit will have to find ways to adjust KL, Ishan, Pant, pandya and sky in the team. No other ways about it. I know KL Rahul is not amidst the runs now but I want to give him chances as long as dhawan is out of the team.

Ashwin's test form has been nothing sort of amazing and I think he deserves a call up for the WC. But for that the TM needs to pick him up in the run ups. The ball is in their court now.

Edited by Stan AF

If I have to pick a franchise to go with MI, it would probably be Punjab Kings (can’t recall the new name) as you would have access to likes of Mayank, KL, Shami, Bishnoi, M Ashwin, Arsdeep, Porel, etc. 

KL

Agarwal

Rohit (or Krunal slotted at #6-7 if an additional bowler / AR  is needed) 

Kishan 

SKY

SDP

R Chahar

Shami

Bumrah

M Ashwin / Bishnoi / J Yadav 

Porel / Arshdeep (left arm option) 

Edited by zen
4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

The way I see it, Rohit, Bumrah and Hardik will be in the final Indian 11 irrespective of any other players unless injuries force them not to play. These 3 players are more or less will be permanent fixtures in the T20 line up. No one can convince me otherwise.

I always used to bat for Rishabh Pant to open the batting along wth KL Rahul in LOI's (and I still do) that. One could see why Kishan was made to open yesterday. A heavy hitting left hander(which is a bonus) who can bash both spinners and fast ballers are the need of the hour in Indian opening positions and Ishan just did that. The kid hitting rashid for 4s and 6s was a delight to watch. I'm just glad that he grabbed the opportunity and stole the spotlight with the captain at the other end. I just don't see Dhawan getting any more games after this.

I had a feeling that Rishabh Pant wanted to hit more after seeing Ishan bat. Pant wanted to match shot for shot and just wanted to show the crowd that even after ishan had gone he's still there and he can do the same, if not better :laugh:

SKY yadav will do well in the middle order. I'm sure of it.  He just needs chances. But unfortunately, he is breathing down Iyer's neck and eyeing his position in the middle order. There will be a clash for that position at #5.

Other than Ishan, i was really glad to see Pandya do well with the ball. His figures don't show it fully but i could sense more game awareness and making the batsmen check their shots more often than not. Guys like Pandya offer the balance that every team captain wants badly.

Kohli and Rohit will have to find ways to adjust KL, Ishan, Pant, pandya and sky in the team. No other ways about it. I know KL Rahul is not amidst the runs now but I want to give him chances as long as dhawan is out of the team.

Ashwin's test form has been nothing sort of amazing and I think he deserves a call up for the WC. But for that the TM needs to pick him up in the run ups. The ball is in their court now.

Do we really need Thayiur Sadham in the team ? Sky should play over him in both short formats.