Have to play 6 bowlers in LOIs

Sooda

Can not go in with 5 bowlers even in T20s. Especially with one of them Hardik. Axar should not have been dropped and need to get back him in the side, if it means having to drop SKY - though I really want him in the 11, Iyer is hard to drop now- then so be it

The pitch helped Hardiks style of bowling slow cutters; but really he is not a front line bowler

Kishan, KL, Virat, Iyer, Pant, Hardik, Sundar, Thakur, Axar, BK, Chahal

... we still have enough depth with Sundar to BK from 7 to 10

I think 6 bowling options are a must in ODI's (to cover for bad days and any injury and maintain intensity) but in t20s though...its just 4 overs we might be able to get away with it, what we need to do is after Hardik pick 4 proper wicket taking bowlers

Edited by GautiMaan
36 minutes ago, Adamant said:

6 Pandya 

7.Jadeja

8.Sundar

9.Bhuvi

10.Bumrah

11.Nattu

At full strength this is a good pace attack in both 50 and 20 overs...but spin looks weak, Chahal can come in for BK or TN if needed, esp in T20Is. Might Need to unearth a good ODI finger spinner, have KulCha had their day, or still life in them yet

Edited by Sooda

Ofcourse, 6 bowlers are must. But it is also important that our no.7 is a good hitter. Sundar is not a solution for no.7.

Right now, it was important to give SKY and Kishan chances so the idea of going with 7 batsman was right. Once Jadeja comes back, it will be decided who gets replaced- Shreyas or SKY? I think over a course of 3 matches in this series and Asia Cup where Kohli and Rohit won't be there, SKY will ultimately shine over Shreyas as latter is a little one-dimensional.

So, once Jadeja comes back, we go back to 5 bat + 1 Pandya + 1 Jadeja + 4 bowlers rule.

Edited by Majestic

Bumrah

Shami

Bhuvi 

Best combo easily. One of the best attacks in the world in odi and tests.

Then add Jadeja pandya into th mix. 

Also add Sundar as batsman and part time bowler in odi. Perfect. 

I Do think however we need to sell some backups. 

Funnily enough Umesh as 3rd bowler or even Varun Aaron or some of the young ones like Tyagi and prasidh MUST BE drafted in.

Umesh can't lead an attack but he is a damn good support bowler even in odi. I would go with Tyagi and orasidh though. 

6 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Can't Sky/Iyer bowl a couple of overs? It's a real pity that none of our top order batsmen bowl like how Yuvraj/Shwag/Sachin used to in the past. 

They don't need to. In Today's era of T20s, their 2 overs of bowling means leaking about 35 runs. 7 batsman is only current approach. It will ultimately change once ROCKSTAR returns.

38 minutes ago, Majestic said:

They don't need to. In Today's era of T20s, their 2 overs of bowling means leaking about 35 runs. 7 batsman is only current approach. It will ultimately change once ROCKSTAR returns.

Indeed, shows how he is the best player of this team. Absolutely agree and waiting for his return. Champion.