IPL 2021 suspended

Franco Vazquez

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Sure I understand India has poor literacy rates etc etc, but education, education, education is the key here.

You can overcome covid, but it will take at least a year or two.

Only way out is to improve natural immunity. Vaccines can only address a certain strain or two. Ultimately it is only the human body that can handle mutations. People need to stop freaking out, use common sense,, eat a healthy diet, exercise and build up immunity. Senseless media propaganda and fear mongering will only exacerbate the already fragile situation.

You have got to love the cricket mentality in India.

Dead bodies literally all over the place, people dying from COVID everywhere.

Can someone please explain to me, "What would it take to stop the IPL tournament?"

A nuclear holocaust?  I know some posters in here would say, the nuclear fallout is bad, but playing cricket is  a good distraction lol.

The problem with India, is that they dont value human life. Zero value.

In Australia we have one or two people catch covid and we SHUT DOWN everything. In India, millions catch covid, but the show must roll on lol.

10 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

There will be a WC this year but not in India. Just move it to Australia where it was supposed to be played last year since they have everything under control. 

World Cup In Australia will be great.

Packed capcity stadiums, full of support for India with the crowds, makes more sense to have it in Australia than India.

Only problem is that Australia will NOT allow any visitors to the country.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

World Cup In Australia will be great.

Packed capcity stadiums, full of support for India with the crowds, makes more sense to have it in Australia than India.

Only problem is that Australia will NOT allow any visitors to the country.

I think it will either be in UAE or Australia with UAE as frontrunner possibly. Personally I'd like to see this in South Africa...  Long time since we have a ICC tourney there.  Highveld venues,  true pitches It will be great. 

17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think it will either be in UAE or Australia with UAE as frontrunner possibly. Personally I'd like to see this in South Africa...  Long time since we have a ICC tourney there.  Highveld venues,  true pitches It will be great. 

Please South Africa is another country where the outbreak is just as bad.

Australia will be great. It would be spectacular here down under.

The stadiums will be jammed packed with Indian supporters. You will easily get 100,000 attend India's matches at the MCG.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

You have got to love the cricket mentality in India.

Dead bodies literally all over the place, people dying from COVID everywhere.

Can someone please explain to me, "What would it take to stop the IPL tournament?"

A nuclear holocaust?  I know some posters in here would say, the nuclear fallout is bad, but playing cricket is  a good distraction lol.

The problem with India, is that they dont value human life. Zero value.

In Australia we have one or two people catch covid and we SHUT DOWN everything. In India, millions catch covid, but the show must roll on lol.

You don't have the brains to understand the difference in situation in austalia and india 

2, 4 cases can be cobtrolledwith a lockdown, but after milliones are nfected no locldown can work

What I don't understand, is why on earth would you want to shut down a thing giving joy to people who are staying at home. What's your point behind it? You are happy running to a foreign nation and living safely but you want people her to be miserable and sad 24 by 7 and not be able to distract their fear with 4 hours of entertainment 

I will never ever understand people like you. Do you have the brains to understand that entertainers were in demand during every disaster, war and pandemic in history  and they were the one thing helping people, motivating them and giving joy and hope? That joy gives like immunity and hope and optimism than lying down mourning and crying? 

Clearly not. Shut down everything, just lying down and cry and wait for death!

Edited by New guy

49 minutes ago, New guy said:

You don't have the brains to understand the difference in situation in austalia and india 

2, 4 cases can be cobtrolledwith a lockdown, but after milliones are nfected no locldown can work

What I don't understand, is why on earth would you want to shut down a thing giving joy to people who are staying at home. What's your point behind it? You are happy running to a foreign nation and living safely but you want people her to be miserable and sad 24 by 7 and not be able to distract their fear with 4 hours of entertainment 

I will never ever understand people like you. Do you have the brains to understand that entertainers were in demand during every disaster, war and pandemic in history  and they were the one thing helping people, motivating them and giving joy and hope? That joy gives like immunity and hope and optimism than lying down mourning and crying? 

Clearly not. Shut down everything, just lying down and cry and wait for death!

it is these dingbats with phds in outrage and false equivalency who will say why was a statue built, it could have been better spent on hospitals and universities. as if decision makers are only ever playing a game of whack-a-mole at any particular point in time.

37 minutes ago, sage said:

i agree in theory with @New guy but I am getting no joy, hope, or motivation watching this years ipl :((

That's because of India-hating vultures (OP being one) who are constantly propagating the false idea that IPL is the root cause of all evil in India. 

Don't be fooled. They have no real sympathy or concern for India at all. They are secretly relishing this crisis and are hell bent on spreading even more pessimism and misinformation. 

30 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

That's because of India-hating vultures (OP being one) who are constantly propagating the false idea that IPL is the root cause of all evil in India. 

Don't be fooled. They have no real sympathy or concern for India at all. They are secretly relishing this crisis and are hell bent on spreading even more pessimism and misinformation. 

i am more referring to the boring matches on sluggish pitches :giggle:

19 hours ago, beetle said:

Stop rubbing it in.

We get it.You live in a first world country with a handful of people to care for compared to India. 

We also had a very strict very long  lockdown  last year. We are too many people with too many issues .

Enjoy your previlege and stop repeating it . We heard you .

Not to mention,. Australia is a continent completely cut off from the rest and not in the major route of any international route. They dont have any major industries or production. It is perfect for isolation and very easy to prevent spread in such a place 

Meanwhile india has industries, depends on regular air travel to and fro from other countries with billion plus people who starve during lockdown and don't even have space to social distance 

I think the situation was already deteriorating right at the start, and it just seems to be getting worse by the day.

While there is some school of thought that this kind of helps people to take their minds of all thats happening around, the majority is of the opinion that it should not have been allowed to be held at all

By permitting this event, it has kind of triviliased the agony and suffering of the people thats been affected or constantly living under fear while a few chosen intends to make a few bucks out of it while they can.

None of the owners ever was heard of backing out from this, and thats not surprising either isnt it.

Even though I love this event as much as anybody, I just think they got it totally wrong by going ahead with it in the first place

Better late than never, they got to stop this now..And donate a purse to a fund that is accountable so that help reaches the needy

Pakistanis cricket watchers:

"I don't watch IPL, I don't care about IPL, but IPL must stop, IPL players are greedy, IPL match was boring, etc.."

"why are you still playing IPL :hitler:"

"Omg pls stop playing and watching IPL already :wall:"

Chutia public salaa, Pakistanis

40 minutes ago, afan said:

I think the situation was already deteriorating right at the start, and it just seems to be getting worse by the day.

While there is some school of thought that this kind of helps people to take their minds of all thats happening around, the majority is of the opinion that it should not have been allowed to be held at all

By permitting this event, it has kind of triviliased the agony and suffering of the people thats been affected or constantly living under fear while a few chosen intends to make a few bucks out of it while they can.

None of the owners ever was heard of backing out from this, and thats not surprising either isnt it.

Even though I love this event as much as anybody, I just think they got it totally wrong by going ahead with it in the first place

Better late than never, they got to stop this now..And donate a purse to a fund that is accountable so that help reaches the needy

If it keeps millions of people indoors in India, then I would like IPL to play two matches a day and for 12 months during this pandemic.

17 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Am I right in assuming that these players have already been vaccinated?

From what I understand it's the 45yrs+ staff in the bubble who have been vaccinated. The players,like regular Indians, and can be vaccinated only after the drive for 18+ yr olds starts on the 1st of May. 

BCCI had floated the idea of vaccinating every player at the begining of April, but it fell through.

I am not sure what the guidelines are wrt vaccinations for foreign players.