Rishabh Pant and one more Indian cricketer in England tests positive, quarantined

34 minutes ago, nevada said:

But aren't vaccinated people also getting infected? There's no guarantees or margin for error with this thing. Better err on the side of caution!

Link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths has been broken with the vaccine. severity of cases is far lower. vaccine has reduced the potency of covid to that of flu

hence the uk is opening up. 70% adults fully vaccinated

Edited by sage
58 minutes ago, nevada said:

But aren't vaccinated people also getting infected? There's no guarantees or margin for error with this thing. Better err on the side of caution!

I think they might have gotten the second dose only recently. Isnt it that one should wait few weeks after before it actually works?

31 minutes ago, sage said:

Link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths has been broken with the vaccine. severity of cases is far lower. vaccine has reduced the potency of covid to that of flu

hence the uk is opening up. 70% adults fully vaccinated

heres the graph. cases rising but not deaths which shows vaccines are working

lmPkj7H.png

1 hour ago, nevada said:

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Vaccine is no guarantee against infection. In fact, it seems counter productive, with people gaining false confidence and dropping their guard. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Yeah. Scary times ahead 

Where are you guys spreading  these rumors from? Reinfection is still very very rare post vaccination and serious illness or deaths are almost impossible. Every single trial and post vaccine study shows this 

Edited by New guy

Just goes to show that players do not have personal accountability- they see England tour as sightseeing shopping and sporting event attendance opportunities.

I understand they are human beings too but there’s something called balancing the risk with personal responsibility. If you cannot think that going to a 60000 person event where no one is wearing masks, isn’t there going to be A slightly higher risk of being infected?

but inko kaun samjhaye. Air karo aish 

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Vaccine prevents disease not infection. 

I don’t think it totally prevents it either, I am not a science guy but my mom got Corona positive a couple of weeks after her first jab. This was during the peak of 2nd wave in India where we saw those gruesome images. I was worried but she had nothing but mild fever for a couple of days and was back to normal in a week. I think the vaccine while totally can’t eliminate Corona risk definitely reduces it based on my personal experience.  

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t think it totally prevents it either, I am not a science guy but my mom got Corona positive a couple of weeks after her first jab. This was during the peak of 2nd wave in India where we saw those gruesome images. I was worried but she had nothing but mild fever for a couple of days and was back to normal in a week. I think the vaccine while totally can’t eliminate Corona risk definitely reduces it based on my personal experience.  

It reduces the severity of the disease.