Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

7 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

1) India in top 20 in Olympics medal tally

2) India qualify for a FIFA wc

3) India become a permanent member of the UNSC

1) Possible ( we would have won 14 if things went as per prediction and world rankings this year. Lovlina Ravi was not even in the list for medal Hopes )

2) Improbable ( Afghanistan nearly beat India. Maldives beat India)

3)Impossible ( China will Veto it and China will be getting bigger and bigger)

What a roller coaster. After a very long time, my heart was racing in sports.  Last time was during the first t20 final against Pakistan and the WC final. Got used to the ups and down in cricket since then and nothing really got me going until those final moments in this match.  Not going to make this about umpiring but in the last 30 seconds, the referee didn't signal the clock to start..The clock was stuck for like 5-10seconds in a crucial medal match at the Olympics and in the end, that was enough for Germany to get that last PC with 6 or so seconds left.. that was a huge moment in the match and could have been in the outcome of the match as well.

Following hockey since the late 90's and well let's say I can retire with ease or is this just the beginning. Great victory and brought back the emotions after being numbed in cricket for a long time. Superb!! Highlight of the Olympics for me.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

At end of Q1, 3 Germans did stick check to Manpreet , yet whistle in favor of Ger. Last match Manpreet got green card for a stick check.

Then saw 3 or 4 infringements by Germans not called, a stupid PC towards the end of the quarter, shambolic call.

Got angry and went to sleep, then my cousin called me saying it was 3-3, sat in one corner for rest of the match. Nerve-wracking.

@Mariyam you should have watched this match, unless you have BP problems (my heart was pounding like a blacksmith's hammer). You asked me to inform you about the timing, I was offline yesterday evening, and then saw that you were offline for a long time so I didn't tag you, waited for you to come online. Anyway, watch the highlights. 

Had to work through the morning. :((

Saw the highlights of all the goals on the news. Goosebumps inducing stuff.

Just now, Mariyam said:

That is a sport? :confused:

yes. And there are 57 competitors and 1 hr 16 mins is the world record. So lot of time to see people walk. And btw if you try to hoodwink officials by trying to run in guise of walk ( half indians do exactly opposite in real life as a form of exercise ) you are cautioned and maybe thrown out..

6 minutes ago, The Great Punjab said:

What a roller coaster. After a very long time, my heart was racing in sports.  Last time was during the first t20 final against Pakistan and the WC final. Got used to the ups and down in cricket since then and nothing really got me going until those final moments in this match.  Not going to make this about umpiring but in the last 30 seconds, the referee didn't signal the clock to start..The clock was stuck for like 5-10seconds in a crucial medal match at the Olympics and in the end, that was enough for Germany to get that last PC with 6 or so seconds left.. that was a huge moment in the match and could have been in the outcome of the match as well.

Following hockey since the late 90's and well let's say I can retire with ease or is this just the beginning. Great victory and brought back the emotions after being numbed in cricket for a long time. Superb!! Highlight of the Olympics for me.

India being medal-less in hockey for 40+ years is an injustice. Today it has been set right. 

Just now, neel roy said:

yes. And there are 57 competitors and 1 hr 16 mins is the world record. So lot of time to see people walk. And btw if you try to hoodwink officials by trying to run in guise of walk ( half indians do exactly opposite in real life as a form of exercise ) you are cautioned and maybe thrown out..

Mahatma Gandhi would win this event!

Its rumoured he used to walk really fast.

Dandi March would be the heats equivalent. Then onto the Olympics.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Mahatma Gandhi would win this event!

Its rumoured he used to walk really fast.

Dandi March would be the heats equivalent. Then onto the Olympics.

Issue is he would have to Raise Union Jack and sing God save the King if he won which he wouldn’t do and a medal would be lost.