How many countries has USA ruined so far?

Trichromatic

22 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Has any American leadership apologized for Iraq invasion on basis of mythical WMDs? 

G W Bush Jr won a re-election *after* it was established that the Iraq invasion ( liberation, in Yankeespeak) which was based on completely fictitious reasons. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

G W Bush Jr won a re-election *after* it was established that the Iraq invasion ( liberation, in Yankeespeak) which was based on completely fictitious reasons. 

It's shocking that so called most advanced country could vote to proven war criminal. 

4 hours ago, kepler37b said:

American elite want entire world to look like America. They have learnt hard lesson in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are ideologues.

Chinese elite want nothing but benefit of their own Han race.

Our elite  do not want anything other than personal enrichment.

What lessons have they learnt? 

8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

It's been going on since 1950s? 

I am not justifying anything. 

Since time immemorial there have been invaders and imperial powers.

You are totally ignoring world history before WW2.

How many countries did Imperial Brits ruin and plunder ? You don’t even have to go further than Indian subcontinent. The loot over 200 years is unimaginable. Turned India from the richest nation on the planet by FAR to one of the most impoverished. Killed 2-3 million Indians in 1943 alone by a forced Bengal Famine by that imperial ba$.tard Winston Churchill. 

Other European imperialists looted and destroyed Africa, Asia, Latin America just not for 10-20 years - but for centuries. 

how the eff is America to blame for 'ruining' Afghanistan?  Even before America came anywhere near it, that country was a mess.  

Did the US make a whole bunch of mistakes once they got involved? Sure.

But America didn't "ruin" something that was already ruined.  

33 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

I am not justifying anything. 

Since time immemorial there have been invaders and imperial powers.

You are totally ignoring world history before WW2.

How many countries did Imperial Brits ruin and plunder ? You don’t even have to go further than Indian subcontinent. The loot over 200 years is unimaginable. Turned India from the richest nation on the planet by FAR to one of the most impoverished. Killed 2-3 million Indians in 1943 alone by a forced Bengal Famine by that imperial ba$.tard Winston Churchill. 

Other European imperialists looted and destroyed Africa, Asia, Latin America just not for 10-20 years - but for centuries. 

So, to create this thread, I need to create a thread on WW2 also, else I am not allowed?

How does it make sense?

We are surely free to create a separate thread about WW II.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

It's shocking that so called most advanced country could vote to proven war criminal. 

Iraq war was the reason he was re-elected. War started in 2003 during the campaign year and he was elected again in 2004. The WMD revelation happened much later after Saddam was executed. The admin, defense blamed the lapse on incomplete  intelligence , war was justified based on the intelligence they had at that time. Saddam is to be blamed himself also  for the war, he was a bad boy.

Which court has proved him to be a war criminal? Rhetorical courts maybe. Not justifying what Bush did. Obama is an equal war criminal and ISIS enabler. 

Edited by coffee_rules

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Iraq war was the reason he was re-elected. War started in 2003 during the campaign year and he was elected again in 2004. The WMD revelation happened much later after Saddam was executed. The admin, defense blamed the lapse on incomplete  intelligence , war was justified based on the intelligence they had at that time. Saddam is to be blamed himself also  for the war, he was a bad boy.

Which court has proved him to be a war criminal? Rhetorical courts maybe. Not justifying what Bush did. Obama is an equal war criminal and ISIS enabler. 

Thanks for clarification.

What did Saddam do to US?

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

What lessons have they learnt? 

That War is good for Murica. More they destroy peace in rest of the world better it is for them.

Roman Empire had this strategy where they never let the nearby smaller states to have peaceful life and just continuously had war. USA Arms suppliers make lot of money out of this.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Thanks for clarification.

What did Saddam do to US?

He was stupid to have lost all allies in the ME. He attacked all neighbors and was a threat to Sunni Arabia too, they tolerated him for long. Russia had to help him in secret after he attacked Iran who were allies of Russia. They could not help after 1990 , end of Cold War and weaker. He kept attacking Bush Sr after the loss in Kuwait, which the Jr vowed to take revenge (stupid reason to justify war. But it must have been a driving force to manufacture intelligence) . Saddam would have lost out in the Arab Spring or Doha Funded Spring if you can call it, if not by US war

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

So, to create this thread, I need to create a thread on WW2 also, else I am not allowed?

How does it make sense?

We are surely free to create a separate thread about WW II.

If you could comprehend what I wrote - I meant US has “ ruined  “  others after WW2 when it became the super power.

Prior to WW2, for centuries European colonizers “ ruined  “ the rest of world.

So “ ruining “ others is something that the dominant power of the time has done for time immemorial. 

Others ( Especially European colonizers ) have done it way for brutally than US

And Afghan was a messed up medieval nation( before US intervened )  whose primary source of income was illegal narcotics trade

Edited by rangeelaraja

Living in the US I guess I have some perspective on this. This US imperialism needs to stop, but I know it won't. 20-30 years from now we will make the same mistake. The only war US has fought that was noble was WWII and to some extent the conflict in the Balkans in the 90s to stop genocide. Every other war has been for US profit, regime change, forcing western way of life on people who are not used to it, etc. etc. They will never learn because of the strong impact of the military industrial complex. It controls the politicians and to some effect the citizens, although more and more public are now strongly opposed to meddling in foreign affairs.

Every war after the WWII has lead to mistakes, failure and spending huge sums of money, and loss of lives especially on the other side plus lives of American soldiers. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Aghanistan all have had disastrous results. Now we are still involved in bombing Somalia, meddling in Syria, Libya, etc. We have the most bloated defense budget of all countries. The power of the military industrial complex with Pentagon and the defense contractors is too strong. There are smarter ways to ensure national security than conventional warfare. Invest in cyber security/warfare, engage in covert missions only when needed. The day for traditional warfare is over. Russia and China do it a lot better and right now are laughing their asses off at the US inefficiency. Taliban has all the modern combat equipment and many will fall in the hands of Chinese who will reverse engineer the crap out of it.

George W. Bush/Dick Cheney/Don Rumsfeld (the latter currently in hell) are definitely war criminals. Obama's Nobel peace prize is a joke as he has bombed more than Bush did and the reason ISIS came into existence. This is one area I will criticize Trump less than other Presidents as he was not into nation building. He wanted to get out of Syria and Afghanistan. But as inept as he is, negotiating with Taliban who are nothing but medieval theocractic thugs was not a smart move. Biden did the right thing by pulling out, but the manner in which this was executed was absolutely shambolic. I expected better from him given all the political experience he has. This shows that these career politicians and the military brass are totally out of touch.

Even if the exit was planned better, the Taliban would have eventually gotten control over the country as Afghanistan is a tribal, corrupt country and all this money poured in had very limited impact. However, if the Taliban slowly took control, it would have given people and the rest of the world to react to it easier and this chaos could have been prevented. All in all, US foreign policies have been a clusterphuck over several decades and I do not see any change in perception. Even the mainstream media will not hold these folks accountable. The Afghanistan mess is not just on Biden, but spans four Presidencies. US just needs to stop policing the world and mind its own business. There are enough internal problems. We spent roughly 2.6 trillion US dollars in Afghanistan. Imagine if half of it was spent on US citizens and infrastructure, it would have improved the quality of life for the working class. The administation and Congress never have enough money for solving internal problems, but when it comes to foreign policies and war, they are happy to write blank checks. This is the beginning of the downfall of US as the world superpower. I see China taking over that position soon, if not already even though I despise the Chinese Communist Party and their tactics. 

Edited by DeepSpace