T20 WC squad announced

Gollum

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats all ok but at the end its captain on field who has to be quick on field in decision. Their is not much a coach or mentor can do after a point. 

You can assess the game and provide feedback at the end of each over.  Most of changes would be around Bowling changes and field placings based on batsmen strategy.  A non-player from outside the ground can read the game and pick up things  much better than  captain as he would be thinking about many things all at once .  Give any gaalis to MSD  but  you cannot doubt his tactical nous esp in slow pitches . Not for nothing he is Dhoniconda . 

By having him as mentor no way harms us irrespective of  how far team progresses in WC. 

If i have my way , i would have him in that role for 22 WC and WC23. 

3 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Agreed.. but Pandya has been utter dross against pace and spin alike. Can't rely on Jadeja against international bowlers on big grounds.

agree on Pandya,he should be killing spinners but he is barely managing run a ball against them,he needs to contribute with bat and ball.

How many will last through the IPL or get niggled between now and the WT20 :hmmm:

I am sure the final squad will be a lot more  different.

When was the last time Bhuvi played 2 major series/ tournaments back to back?

Add the questionable fitness of Pandya (even though he will be in as a batsman)

Then there is the Fragile Rahul

there is just a lot of cricket happening between now and WT20 which will determine the final squad.

2016 squad: Rohit, Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Raina, Yuvraj (replaced by Pandey), Pandya, Dhoni, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhajji, Bumrah, Shami, Nehra, Negi

6 batsmen, Pandya + Jaddu, 3 spinners, 3 seamers

Rohit, Clown, Pandya, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bumrah in the squad. They played all 5 matches and other than clown, all had a forgettable tournament.

SKY, Pant, Kishan, R Chahar, Varun and Axar - hope they bring a lot of new energy to the squad.

21 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Kishan was a disaster in the IPL. I dont mind him but think SHAW is better.  kishan is likely ahead as he may be keeper batsman if  Pant is  out for some reason.

Did you see IPl in UAE...  Dude hit most sixes 30 in fact & 2nd most runs there.  He was one Indian who was able to clear those big boundaries along with SKY & Pandya. 

2 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

And thts where the errors of Siraj & Lord may get corrected .

Only fear is if Chahal bowls well .

Siraj shouldn’t be in the WT20 squad starting line up.

He will be very expensive. 

I love Siraj the test bowler but he should be kept away from international T20’s. That may start effecting his test bowling.

Yes he bowled well last IPL in a couple of games but every one had such seasons including Vinay Kumar and Unadkut. Not comparing him to them but just the line bowls will be hittable in white ball cricket on most days on docile pitches.

If you need a bowler who can take wickets with the new ball than Bhuvi (on reputation) and Deepak Chahar (underrated) are better options and they can bat as well.

Mark my words ICF will turn on Siraj the moment he starts playing LoI’s regularly.

Not a white ball bowler especially in the shortest format regardless of what he did in a couple of games.

UAE is probably most favorable venue for Indian team..  In India small grounds ultra fast outfields & dew negate the effect of our Spinners..   And we constantly lose crucial LOI games to Australia Eng & even WI. 

UAE conditions make this squad quite lethal. 

Now upto those selected to have killer IPl.  Keep Dhawan out Ishan &  Rahul Chahar should perform well for MI to keep midget Chahal out of here.. 

Ashwin last time started well in UAE for DC before getting injured.