With Ravi Shastri's tenure coming to an end after the T20 World Cup next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble for the role of Team India head coach again. Now VVS Laxman as well

3 minutes ago, nevada said:

I do hope the myth about Kumble having issues with players , spread by the nasty Kohli camp, is for once and all put to end by the likes of Rohit, Ashwin, Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Saha, Bhuvi, Bumrah. Some others like Jaddu, Shami, Umesh may not openly go against Kohli yet.

Kumble may turn out to be a poor coach (if given the job) but he fully deserves his reputation to be restored.

57 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Reports indicating VVS is also in frame:facepalm: May as well get Aakash Jhopda as Batting coach too..   I mean why can't they get a foreign coach for ffs. 

VVS or Viru may not qualify. One of the criteria in the job description put up by BCCI in 2019 was

"Should have successfully coached a cricket team of any of the member countries of the ICC, at the first class or at the international level"

Doubt if BCCI will change this criteria.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Reports indicating VVS is also in frame:facepalm: May as well get Aakash Jhopda as Batting coach too..   I mean why can't they get a foreign coach for ffs. 

VVS has such bad takes on everything and is such a yes man. I dont know why india is going the pakistan way to just get retired players as coach. Thete is no evidence they make good coaches

I think VVS name is just thrown in the fray just to make it seem official.

VVS is probably a decent man manager and can work as a mental conditioning coach. If you see his interviews, he explains thing like why Warner or Symonds sledge. He studied to be a doctor, so I am sure he is able to understand people and their motivations. However, I am not in favour of seeing him for the coach job.

1) Somehow I don't think he is the rightest fit for the job 2) Don't want my all-time top-3 player to get vilified.

Kisi ko bh lao but it shouldn't affect our performance as a pace unit specially in tests,it should rather get stronger than ever before

We need to bully teams home or overseas using our pace arsenal,no better sight than watching our pacers rattling the best of batsmen around the world as a fan

And a dedicated t20 batting coach is need of the hour

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kumble has never been a good man manager.

Plus is carrying the baggage of the last incident.

So, this is not a good idea.

Highly unlikely,these are rumours

But,other than him and Dravid I don't see any other Indian candidate and including these two most of Indian veterans have a very pragmatic approach towrds modern LOI cricket which i believe has already changed

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Damn..  Hopefully Rohit convinces BCCI top brass to appoint Mahela as head coach. Literally Best option out there can serve as batting coach as well. 

But he has refused it seems . He makes enough money as MI coach , in Hundreds , now he will be in demand in BB too.  Does make much difference plus more relaxed job perhaps,

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Kumble's stint as coach of kings eleven Punjab tells us that he is not much of a master strategist. 

His selection and tactics leave a lot to be desired, the results were also there for everyone to see. 

by that logic Kohli shouldnt be captain too

5 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

But he has refused it seems . He makes enough money as MI coach , in Hundreds , now he will be in demand in BB too.  Does make much difference plus more relaxed job perhaps,

Mahelas team won in the hundred as well. He has a golden touch as coach. Should be our T20 coach

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I do hope the myth about Kumble having issues with players , spread by the nasty Kohli camp, is for once and all put to end by the likes of Rohit, Ashwin, Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Saha, Bhuvi, Bumrah. Some others like Jaddu, Shami, Umesh may not openly go against Kohli yet.

Kumble may turn out to be a poor coach (if given the job) but he fully deserves his reputation to be restored.

Man I like Kumble, but is 'restoring Kumble's reputation' more important than the team doing well? 

There's nothing to suggest that Kumble would make a good coach. His IPL stint has been underwhelming. His last India stint was a disaster. Wether it was his fault or the players it doesn't matter. The fact is it didn't work. Why go back.