With Ravi Shastri's tenure coming to an end after the T20 World Cup next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble for the role of Team India head coach again. Now VVS Laxman as well

If this is true then looks like BCCI is hell bent on clipping Kohli's wings. 

I have no problem with that, I want to see that beast of a batsman back even if he loses captaincy for that. 

Although I am not sure if we can believe this or not, still based on recent events its quite evident that there is something going on between BCCI and Kohli. 

Anil Kumble, according to me is a good choice, will keep Kohli's ego in check and has the taskmaster reputation, won't give in to Kohli. 

Write about this yesterday itself. BCCI wants a fresh start under a new coach and a new all format captain. Kohli can safely say good bye to his captaincy stint now. Also indicates Rohit will take over.  Kumble was MI Mentor between 2013-2016 when they wo IPL and CLT20 in 2013 and IPL again in 2015.

On Kumble as coach, with so many promising youngsters - Shaw, Gill, Iyer, Pant, Sundar, Chahar, Siraj, Prasidh and many more in domestic circuit, we do need a hard task master, an image that was thrust upon Kumble. Wouldn't mind him getting a second chance.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

BCCI under Ganguly / Shah is acting bit like PCB these days. Recycling same coaches, hiring needless mentors & creating power groups etc.

To dismantle a dictatorship/ clique running and ruining our cricket, such moves are a necessity.

No, hiring Kumble is not recycling, it's giving back the honor and respect he deserved but wasn't accorded at the time by self serving weaklings of the court appointed jokers called CoA.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

Amazing how IPL franchises have had the likes of Hesson, Moody and Trevor Bayliss but BCCI is happy to go to guys who have been tried before? 

Also, I know hes old but Steve Rixon is still probably  the best fielding coach and he was head coach if NZ during the 1999 world cup and that team really over performed. 

We need better catching, fielding to match that of Enzed. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Im sure they wud have asked he player 

Then CoA Chief Vinod Rai had asked Sachin and Dada to speak to Kohli but he was unmoved. Left with no choice Kumble did the honorable think by resigning.

Don't think players were consulted. 

Go back to 2017 Dharmshala test, Kohli didn't want Kuldeep to play, Kumble pressed for him, Rahane also supprted Kumble, Kuldeep played , we won the test and the series with Kohli sitting out. How could Kohli's big fat ego take that insult.