Tim Paine Quits As Australia Test Captain Over 'Sexting' Scandal

1 hour ago, shychipmunk said:

If it was consensual, then why does he have to quit captaincy? Did the women also give up her job? Is she also being maligned in media like him?

I can understand his wife divorcing him, but why does he have to suffer in his professional career?

It's a purely marital & domestic matter, nothing to do with his job.

He is unfaithful but not a criminal!

This a lesson to all guys out there, never ever indulge in risque chats with any female, even your girlfriend. Even if it's consensual, you never know when the female might delete her part of the chats and start a campaign to damage your career & reputation!

interesting position and probably the position of cricket australia who made him captain even after knowing about it.

6 hours ago, shychipmunk said:

If it was consensual, then why does he have to quit captaincy? Did the women also give up her job? Is she also being maligned in media like him?

I can understand his wife divorcing him, but why does he have to suffer in his professional career?

This a lesson to all guys out there, never ever indulge in risque chats with any female, even your girlfriend. Even if it's consensual, you never know when the female might delete her part of the chats and start a campaign to damage your career & reputation!

Addressing the same, he said: “However, I recently became aware that this private text exchange was going to become public. On reflection, my actions in 2017 do not meet the standard of an Australian cricket captain, or the wider community. I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and pain that I have caused to my wife, my family, and to the other party. I'm sorry for any damage that this does to the reputation of our sport.”

6 hours ago, shychipmunk said:

considering its a private message the girl probably was the one that leaked it just now

7 hours ago, shychipmunk said:

Sab naagin hoti hain. Kab dank maare pata bhi na chale...

The reason that the text got leaked is that the woman was sacked for stealing. Used this as leverage.

Everyone forgot to mention how awful that arsehole Paine was to Ashwin last test series. Ashwin has had the last laugh and laughs the loudest.

His comments to Ashwin while batting to save India in the 3rd Test and give us a draw was disgraceful. ("disliked by team mates and wont get an IPL contract etc and much more")

Ashwin needs to tweet with a smiling face to Paine. Nothing more needs to be said or done.

6 hours ago, sage said:

remember when australian cricket captains had gravitas and certain level of grudging respect from fans around the world? paine is such a loser lol

Only pussies giving opposing captains respect. You never give your opponents the upper hand. Don't break down before a game starts itself.