Rohit Sharma appointed as captain in odis.

Nikola

3 hours ago, afan said:

BCCI needs to lauded on how to create rifts between 2 High Performing Cricketers, if I read it between the lines.

Rohits time has definitely come, we wish him all the best!

Not BCCI, Kohli himself had created this in the dressing room because of his TOXIC mentality and frustration/jealousy of not winning Trophies and being a failed captain losing matches to Pakistan in ICC events.

So there…

16 hours ago, sorak said:

Virat Kohli refuses to step down, BCCI cracks whip, opts for proven leader in Rohit Sharma

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/88171735.cms

The author seems to have echoed ICF views ... 

Not only Kuldeep, there were a lot of players, who never knew what exactly their defined roles were.

If grapevine is to be believed, Kohli, towards the end of the England series, didn't even get along with the Shastri-led erstwhile support staff.
It wasn't as if they had any ugly fights but it was just that Kohli and Shastri, towards the end of it all, didn't see eye to eye but since the latter was already mentally done with the job, he bade his time and left with his head held high.

^ I have said this umpteen time. As a player , as a captain, what matters is trophy. U are lucky and talented/gifted  few to be in a team. Make sure you collectively give best shot. Rohit has allways shown that hunger that if u get chance be there and leave everything behind. Family and rest, he wil catchup later.

Rohit Sharma: I want middle order to prepare for '10 for 3' situations

"We have to prepare when the team is 10 for 3. That's how I want to move forward and get the message across to the boys that guys who are batting at No. 3, 4, 5, 6, there's nowhere written that if you are 10 for 2 or 3 [in a T20I], you can't get 180 or you can't get 190, or maybe more.

"I want the guys to prepare in that fashion. Let's say we are playing the semi-final and we are 10 for 2 in the first two overs, what do we do? What is the plan? I want to put ourselves in that situation again and see if we can respond to that. We have got some games before the World Cup to try and test that out. Because if you look there is a similarity between all three games that we lost - two Pakistan games and one New Zealand game in three ICC tournaments.

"I do understand that the quality of the bowling was exceptional at that point, but it has happened three times. I hope that it doesn't happen for the fourth time. So hopefully we will prepare for that, keeping that situation in mind and move forward and see how we can plan - whether we can just counterattack straight from ball one, whoever batter goes in.

:nod:
1 minute ago, The Realist said:

"We have to prepare when the team is 10 for 3. That's how I want to move forward and get the message across to the boys that guys who are batting at No. 3, 4, 5, 6, there's nowhere written that if you are 10 for 2 or 3 [in a T20I], you can't get 180 or you can't get 190, or maybe more.

And continue to bat in the top 3 in the bilaterals ... You prepare the batsmen by giving them opportunities to play relatively longer innings up the order and/or having a system where everyone is playing attacking cricket where the team automatically gets acquainted to not worrying about wkts lost 

36 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Rohit Sharma: I want middle order to prepare for '10 for 3' situations

"I want the guys to prepare in that fashion. Let's say we are playing the semi-final and we are 10 for 2 in the first two overs, what do we do? What is the plan? I want to put ourselves in that situation again and see if we can respond to that. We have got some games before the World Cup to try and test that out. Because if you look there is a similarity between all three games that we lost - two Pakistan games and one New Zealand game in three ICC tournaments.

"I do understand that the quality of the bowling was exceptional at that point, but it has happened three times. I hope that it doesn't happen for the fourth time. So hopefully we will prepare for that, keeping that situation in mind and move forward and see how we can plan - whether we can just counterattack straight from ball one, whoever batter goes in.

:nod:

He hit the nail on its head.
It is good that he laid his eyes or attention on that issue which plagued India from not winning those crucial knockouts.

If the middle order can play well and bring the team out of such situations, like how they did in WC F 2011, India can definitely hope to win more knockouts and potentially tournaments.

45 minutes ago, zen said:

You prepare the batsmen by giving them opportunities to play relatively longer innings up the order and/or having a system where everyone is playing attacking cricket where the team automatically gets acquainted to not worrying about wkts lost 

Have been screaming for this since before 2015 WC.

How exactly you prepare for 10/3. You need ability to overcome those situations. Have we found replacement for Yuvi.Bits and pieces player like Pandya was never going to take India anywhere if top three failed and we know what happened next, moronic selection of Dinesh karthik did not help.

Still loss is on Kohli the batsman.

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How exactly you prepare for 10/3. You need ability to overcome those situations. Have we found replacement for Yuvi.Bits and pieces player like Pandya was never going to take India anywhere if top three failed and we know what happened next, moronic selection of Dinesh karthik did not help.

You give chance to talented players like Iter and Gill. Hell I don’t even understand why they didn’t take Iter for WC19 when he showed good signs before the cup.

Hell with Koach, cancer to Indian cricket system. 

49 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Play with 3 best bowlers, 2 good allrounder and bats at 4-6 should be as good as 123. Performance and averages of them bats where 123 perform shouldn’t be a excuse  to drop 4-6 bats.

They all should try bowling. Even kohli was bowled by mSD.

Edited by mishra
3 hours ago, sarcastic said:

He hit the nail on its head.
It is good that he laid his eyes or attention on that issue which plagued India from not winning those crucial knockouts.

If the middle order can play well and bring the team out of such situations, like how they did in WC F 2011, India can definitely hope to win more knockouts and potentially tournaments.

Even in 2003 world cup After Tendulkar's whirlwind 98 against Pakistan,  Dravid & Yuvraj had to shepard our innings to win the match without any mess ups.

47 minutes ago, mishra said:

Play with 3 best bowlers, 2 good allrounder and bats at 4-6 should be as good as 123. Performance and averages of them bats where 123 perform shouldn’t be a excuse  to drop 4-6 bats.

They all should try bowling. Even kohli was bowled by mSD.

Who are those two good allrounders? Where do we find bats 4-6 who are as good as 123.Only mistake I saw in 2019 world cup selection was Shreyas Iyer not being there.Other than nothing else could have been done.

Edited by putrevus

Mark my words, Rohit Sharma will be an even worse captain than Kohli. BCCI is creating a do or die situation for Rohit and Dravid that if they lose the next WC in India, both will be unceremoniously fired.

He is in the last stages of his career and miraculously is given everything he wanted from BCCI.

To make matters worse, he is super scared to experiment and give chances to youngsters. We saw that already when he brought back Axar, Chahal and Ashwin in T20 useless bilateral tour that too in India. Could have given poor guy Rahul Chahar an opportunity to gain back some confidence.

Plus, he didn't allow Venky Iyer to open the batting so he can hog all the strike and score runs in batsman friendly Indian conditions to save his spot.

If we really look at WT20 worldcup, he was prime candidate to be dropped until he suddenly was given chance to play against Namibia, Scotland, Afghanistan to get back to form when Surya, Kishan, Varun Chakravarthy and Rahul Chahar were dropped after just one failure.

I laugh at all the fans who forget past so easily. Sure enjoy the short satisfaction of Kohli's downfall but if Kohli purposely fails at #3 in ODI's under Rohit's captaincy, it will be impossible for India to win 50 over worldcup as Kohli is an ATG batsman in 50 overs cricket even with pathetic form he's been in.

The underlying problems are still not fixed. If Rohit will hog all the overs in even practice and bilateral games and then choke in pressure knockouts, he has no business expecting middle order to fire in impossible situations. No team can come back from 10/3 in a knockout game even if it's Australia or England.

7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If Rohit doesn't change the Kohli era idiotic tactics and fails to win trophies, he will have no support and possibly be removed even before the WC.

Indian cricket is bigger than individuals.

Exactly, i dont understand how would you keep drooling over a player who is consistently failing to meet your expectations