Rohit "Ducking" Sharma Legacy

BlueBlood

This bafoon Rohit Sharma always misses critical tournaments in SENA nations citing some injury or another.

But miraculously is ready to play IPL and batsman friendly home ground advantage tournaments.

All his double centuries and stats padding were in useless bilateral tournaments.

Even in IPL his form was crap yet he hides behind Pollard, De Kock and other players brilliance but is claimed to be a "great captain".

Are we to assume he never gave ANY of his brilliant advice to Kohli as the Vice Captain for so many years?

He brings back Ashwin, Dhawan, Bhuvaneshwar and Chahal from the dead back to the team - the same players this forum knows are way past their prime.

Yet he escapes criticism. But Kohli and Dhoni get criticism for even the littlest of things.

It's hilarious that in the last few years of Rohit Sharma being a VC, we have no unearthed a single talented batsman. At least Kohli`s legacy will be Siraj, Shami, Thakur, Bumrah and Umesh, Prasidh and other pacers.

Dhoni's legacy will be choking opposition but more importantly bringing and continually giving chances to Jadeja, Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin, Pandya etc. Even after dozens of failures.

What will be Rohit's legacy that he is the worst VC in history and the coward who runs away from important tournaments and the fool who brings back Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar, Dhawan, Deepak Chahar and other trundlers to the team?

Rohit Sharma worship here is what will cost us all tournaments and put Indian progress backwards by at least 5 years. The only advantage he has is KL Rahul is worse captain than him.

To me he is shakuni of Indian cricket ... Misses out on key tours (NZ, half of the series in Aus, SA) so his failures are not probably highlighted, creates issues in Eng where Ind had the opportunity to win a series (now has to play the test again starting from zero),  stats pads at home ... Should be phased out slowly and not played unnecessarily versus weaker sides at home 

6 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I wasn't aware that it has been years that Rohit was made captain. 

He was vice captain and most important senior player after Kohli.

Are we to assume he never brought his "brilliant" Mumbai IPL tactics to Indian team when he was VC and senior player for many years?

Like not even one thing?

If you attribute Kohli's weaknesses as captain, then Rohit should be worst VC in history.

Even this SA tour he ducks knowing it will be disastrous for him if the team loses under his captaincy but miraculously he will be back in friendly home conditions against the likes of SL.

It was Kohli's clutch performances while chasing is what got us many wins even under Dhoni in tough overseas tournaments. The moment Kohli's form faded, we started losing all major tournaments over the last 2-3 years.

Yet somehow Rohit gets shielded from this and Kohli gets blamed for lack of form.

11 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I wasn't aware that it has been years that Rohit was made captain. 

The pathetic thing was in WT20 when he failed in first 2 games against Pak and NZ but Stat pads in useless games when we were already out of the tournament against AFG, Namibia etc.

Kohli gets blamed for both games losses and Rohit gets shielded again and even made captain.

At least Dhoni to his credit left captaincy and gave to Kohli when there were a lot of home tournaments in the near future.

This coward Rohit only wants to play in games where the team has a massive advantage to win.

3 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

He was vice captain and most important senior player after Kohli.

Are we to assume he never brought his "brilliant" Mumbai IPL tactics to Indian team when he was VC and senior player for many years?

Like not even one thing?

If you attribute Kohli's weaknesses as captain, then Rohit should be worst VC in history.

Even this SA tour he ducks knowing it will be disastrous for him if the team loses under his captaincy but miraculously he will be back in friendly home conditions against the likes of SL.

It was Kohli's clutch performances while chasing is what got us many wins even under Dhoni in tough overseas tournaments. The moment Kohli's form faded, we started losing all major tournaments over the last 2-3 years.

Yet somehow Rohit gets shielded from this and Kohli gets blamed for lack of form.

What a pathetic statement, he was our best player in England series and handled swing decently. Being Vice Captain means nothing! 

Rohit should be kicked out of T20 team. Other than that, he is the one who i believe can bring stability to the team, which is lacking. 

Just now, wanted_desi said:

What a pathetic statement, he was our best player in England series and handled swing decently. Being Vice Captain means nothing! 

Rohit should be kicked out of T20 team. Other than that, he is the one who i believe can bring stability to the team, which is lacking. 

KL Rahul too played brilliantly in ENG tournament. Heck even Bumrah and Shami played a match winning innings with the bat.

England team is complete crap as we saw in Australia Ashes.

I am talking about important tournaments and must win knockout games. He is as much a no show as Kohli.

I won't comment much on Rohit missing out on difficult tours. 

But Rohit being vice captain can do Jacksh!t if captain is someone as powerful as Kohli. Besides most losses under kohli hasn't been because Kohli is a bad tactician but because of team selections and having no vision or insight and following a set pattern no matter what.

A vice captain isn't allowed to make those decisions.

35 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

England team is still good in England. They just suck outside. England would beat most teams at home except probably Kiwis and India. 

They seem to do well vs Aussies in England but the Aussies drew there last time. 

Jury is out on rohit. Lets give him a chance atleast. He won us Asia cup and I believe he hasnt lost much as captain. 

I do agree we need a different young captain who is ruthless and aggressive but the issue is all our youngsters are sycophants who have no option and no power to control the malignant seniors. Seniors who will feel threatened by their presence and will do everything in their power to suppress them. 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Rohit Sharma was there when India won at the Gabba.

Rohit Sharma was there during Asia cup and Nidihaas trophies 

Rohit Sharma was also there when we were leading 2-1 in England.

guess who was missing for most of these moments?

Kohli was there when we won the world cup. 

Kohli was MOTS when we won asia cup in 2016

Kohli was there when we Beat Aus in Aus in 2018

Guess who was missing for most of these moments ? 

Edited by Adamant