Babar Azam v Rishabh Pant - who is better test batsman?

5 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Babbar is stat padder like Amla whereas Pant is more like Gilchrist. Maybe similar thread would be Amla vs Gilchrist! 

You are Calling Amla a statpadder in tests?

He is the exact opposite of that - 

Amla has more clutch match winning overseas  knocks in tests than the fab four combined. 

Babar isn't fit to tie Amla's shoelaces. 

Edited by Adamant
18 hours ago, rahul58 said:

For me it is not fair to compare Babar with Pant. Babar is a pure batsman while Pant is more of a hitter so in test cricket, Babar is definitely better batsman. I would not bet on Rishabh Pant to score more test runs than Babar Azam.

A good wicketkeeper batsman is much rarer than a good pure batsman. Pant is lot more valuable than Babar. Plus he has already played a few great knocks in tests and is also younger. 

Gilchrist has just 5500 runs in tests but makes most Alltime test XI lists. 

Edited by AuxiliA

Perform completely different roles in the team.. Pant should be compared with lower order batters and wicket keeper batsman and not Babar who bats in the top 4. That said Pant is the better test player if you consider the overall package. Although tbf to Babar most players in the world can't compare to Pant when it comes to giving impactful performances in Tests 

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

Amla has got to be the most underrated test batsman in the world. 

At his peak he was better than any bastman I have ever seen and that includes Smith. 

All conditions batsman who was as clutch as it gets 

Cashed a lot on flat wickets though during his peak. Smith had better series in England 2016 and India 2017 in my opinion. Those were on more bowler friendly wickets.

Babar is poor man Hahane. Hahane started much better than barber and had century in most of Sena countries after 1-2 overseas tour. Gobar has grand total of one century in Sena and that one century also came in dead rubber when Austrian has completely pulverised poyzz. Go ar has stats padder at home pitches against mediocre bd, zim, wi and sa attack.

9 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Interesting thread and very close comparison.

FC averages

Babar Azam: 42, 8 100s

Pant: 48, 9 100s

Overseas test 100s

Babar Azam: 1, 104 vs Aus

Pant: 3 

To top it all, Pant is 3 years younger to Babar. 

Numbers say it all. Easy choice on who among them is a better test batsman. Pant :hatsoff:

i dont believe babar is his stated age of 26. looks 28 29. i have doubts about this for sure. 

panty looks his age. 

just like shami is no way in hell a 31 year old roflmaoooo. he is 35 at the very least. 

his ex reckons he is 40 haha. BUt yea he is well built and strong so its hard to say.

kohli too. huge suspect. 

Edited by Jay
3 hours ago, Jay said:

i dont believe babar is his stated age of 26. looks 28 29. i have doubts about this for sure. 

panty looks his age. 

just like shami is no way in hell a 31 year old roflmaoooo. he is 35 at the very least. 

his ex reckons he is 40 haha. BUt yea he is well built and strong so its hard to say.

kohli too. huge suspect. 

Could be true, his age could be off by at least an year or two. He played 2010 u-19 WC as a 15 year old. Had already started to shave by then!

23 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I remember Umar Akmal started around the same time..Babar Azam is apparently related to him and looked almost the same age in 2010.

Akmal played 2008 u19 wc. For 2008 was Kohli, 2010 was Rahul. So Babar should be close to Rahul in actual age.

Edited by rkt.india

17 hours ago, Jay said:

panty looks his age. 

kohli too. huge suspect. 

Kohli might be much older than we suspect. the kind of decline he has shown is typical for 36-37 yr old batters, although there are always notable exceptions