People earning Rs 25,000 per month fall in top 10% of wage earners in India: Report

Singh bling

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It actually puts how costly homes have become in India. If only 10% earn more than 3L per annum, why the Frock does a small home, even in tier 3 city cost 50L or more? 

India is a low grade economy with zero work ethic, zero collaboration and zero appreciation for expertise.  I think these are deep rooted cultural values and will not go away that easily.

Edited by kepler37b

29 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

It actually puts how costly homes have become in India. If only 10% earn more than 3L per annum, why the Frock does a small home, even in tier 3 city cost 50L or more? 

India is a low grade economy with zero work ethic, zero collaboration and zero appreciation for expertise.  I think these are deep rooted cultural values and will not go away that easily.

Before taking pot shots at India do let me know how much per month do you pay you house maid / driver / car cleaner etc etc.  That is there full time job. 

We now need to start looking at household income considering multiple working members across all levels. 

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

Real estate industry is a cancer in pretty much every economy. Jacking up home prices beyond the reach of most buyers so that a few can benefit - what could go wrong with this model? 

8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It's not a large number in absolute terms, it's in the context of those who are supposed to pay and don't do so. I see rampant cheating in the salaried class via fake deductions worth lakhs and among the business class by misreporting income and would be surprised if that is disputed.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:23 AM, Singh bling said:

That's what I have always argued about. Our per capita income is very low. Lot of the money is unequally distributed.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, G_B_ said:

I guess it depends where you earn it.

25k in metro cities is poverty. But in semi and rural areas of say up/bihar, that money stretches a long long way.

25k is nothing irrespective of the place. If you live on rent, you have to pay between 5-10k as rent alone. 50k is minimum requirement even for very small towns.

Edited by rkt.india

But Satyendar Jain earned just Rs 4000 in whole of 2013 and he earns just over 2 lakh in 2019. But his declared current asset is Rs 8 crore and tax liability is 14 Crore.

So Delhi AAPs allegedly richest man is not in top 10% earner of India. Inface way below poverty line

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

In the dhongi fakendra era, 25,000 is basically peanuts. 5-6k, if not more, will be spent on petrol alone then comes light bill water bill gas bill etc.

but ...but Kejri gives light free :)