India should distance itself from Russia immediately.

cowboysfan

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

That's a humongous if....  India & China will go to war in freakin Himalayas to a potential no use bloody war...  Without obviously going for missile warfare.  They very well know the red lines.  Modi won't risk it neither will XI at least not until his newly built lavish so called blue water Navy is fully capable to dominate beyond Taiwan & SCS to finally face Indian Navy in IOR...  That whole process is good 15-20 years away. 

Pakistan is right now in a weird spot with both US & China fighting for influence & with ouster of Imran..  US has a upper hand.  Recent F16 deal with Pak has sent a strong signal to India for standing with Russia.  CPEC is virtually toast & a lost cause. 

Geopoltics is changing very quickly & India needs to play its cards very well right now.  Upcoming Modi XI meet in SCO & already led to disengagement of forces in Gogra Hotsprings in Ladakh. 

In 15 to 20 years india will be 10 trillion plus economy with its own blue water navy and airforce to boot on the indian ocean.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

In 15 to 20 years india will be 10 trillion plus economy with its own blue water navy and airforce to boot on the indian ocean.

Umm...  No our submarine fleet is well on its way to a expiry date.  We actually had to buy P-8I sub killers from US to compensate for lack of subs.   And submarine building & acquisition is a loooooooong process.  China had to work their a***s off for that. 

It's gonna be very interesting as IN regularly suffers from lack of funds.  IAF is spoilt brat of our forces...  And we still fell short usually wrt fighter squadrons well below what we need. 

Overall timeline is fluid.  Indian Navy is our future with regards to our power projection capabailty.  US also has a thing for Indian Navy since 1971...  

Edited by Lone Wolf

11 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Umm...  No our submarine fleet is well on its way to a expiry date.  We actually had to buy P-8I sub killers from US to compensate for lack of subs.   And submarine building & acquisition is a loooooooong process.  China had to work their a***s off for that. 

It's gonna be very interesting as IN regularly suffers from lack of funds.  IAF is spoilt brat of our forces...  And we still fell short usually wrt fighter squadrons well below what we need. 

Overall timeline is fluid.  Indian Navy is our future with regards to our power projection capabailty.  US also has a thing for Indian Navy since 1971...  

I dont get your message

The P8 is really good at blunting submarines. We are getting plenty of them. So it illustrates my point.

Re submarines, india needs 12 to 15 attack submarines to completment around 6 nuclear subs. That is more than enough for controlling 2000 to 2500km of sea around our peninsula. That should be achieved in 15 to 20 years. 

56 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I dont get your message

The P8 is really good at blunting submarines. We are getting plenty of them. So it illustrates my point.

Re submarines, india needs 12 to 15 attack submarines to completment around 6 nuclear subs. That is more than enough for controlling 2000 to 2500km of sea around our peninsula. That should be achieved in 15 to 20 years. 

This might help you....  We are well well short atm. 

https://theprint.in/defence/indias-submarine-plans-hit-by-dwindling-fleet-as-navy-decommissions-ins-sindhudhvaj/1043167/

On 9/11/2022 at 7:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Written by alex philip...perputual naysayer.

We have 6 scorpene subs which will be operation in next 2 to 3 years and 4 nuclear subs.

By displacement indian navy has never been bigger

On 9/16/2022 at 6:35 PM, ravishingravi said:

Surprisingly NaMo speaking very candidly with Putin. I did not expect this. It shows India is also annoyed with the pressure and wants Russia to know. And wants US to know that they made Russia know. Was unexpected. 

Yes totally unexpected...i think china expressed concern, this also influenced the decision...but this particular sentence was unexpected 'not an era of wars'...i hope India Russia friendship and cooperation continues on.

Edited by randomGuy

https://thediplomat.com/2022/04/indias-subtle-shifts-toward-the-west-and-away-from-russia/

A bit dated (Apr 2022), but an interesting read

New Delhi is not abandoning Russia, but it is slowly laying the groundwork to reduce its key areas of dependence on Moscow.

At the moment, the end of the Russia-Ukraine war appears uncertain. However, India may have already started taking steps to maintain distance from Russia in the future, in case Russia becomes China’s junior partner after the war, as predicted by some experts. While complete detachment from Russia is impossible, India has certainly prioritized those of its strategic interests that require closer cooperation with the Western countries.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, G_B_ said:

In 15-20 years, 3 out of top 4 world economy will be Asian. Its a reality and US knows it.

JaiShankar ji has very clearly written.

Engage USA, Reassure Russia, Manage China, Cultivate Europe, bring Japan into equation, Reach out to neighbours. Thats the policy and India is not going to Change anytime soon.

Anyone thinking India should ditch anyone of those pricipal is being unreal. Our relationship with US is just at enagagement phase only. Just check what happened in case of IPEF.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, G_B_ said:

lol no. blue water navy? do you understand what that constitutes?

4 hours ago, mishra said:

In 15-20 years, 3 out of top 4 world economy will be Asian. Its a reality and US knows it.

JaiShankar ji has very clearly written.

Engage USA, Reassure Russia, Manage China, Cultivate Europe, bring Japan into equation, Reach out to neighbours. Thats the policy and India is not going to Change anytime soon.

Anyone thinking India should ditch anyone of those pricipal is being unreal. Our relationship with US is just at enagagement phase only. Just check what happened in case of IPEF.

In next 7 years max. India will Germany and Japan by 2027. Max 29