What happened when icf was down

rollingstoned

1) Rcb got destroyed and Thakur of all people played a memorable knock so that they scored over a 100 runs in the last 7 overs. He also looks slimmer now than he did a month ago somehow.

2) Rahane played an unbelievable knock out of nowhere.

3) Shankar also played a brilliant knock to take GT to 200 by destroying the KKR attack in the last 5. Venky Iyer was the star performer for KKR and when it looked like KKR would run away with the game, stand in captain Rashid Khan took a hat trick to break the back of the run chase and with KKR needing over 29 in the last over. We all know what Rinku Singh did so i won't mention it here save for saying that we should close many of the threads that keep coming up about how there are no finishers, LO hitters etc. Dayal bowled a crap last over and bottled it tho. Suyash the leggie has impressed in both of the last 2 matches.

4) Dhawan also played an ATG IPL innings but unfortunately couldn't make it a ton that was Steve Waugh-esque in it's character considering the situation it came in and helped Punjab post a score that they actually had a hope of defending which didn't look in the slightest possible at the halfway mark in the innings. Markande had an excellent performance with the ball in this match.

Overall the past few days has been the revenge of those who were recently dropped from the Indian team. :phehe: 

IPL is a long tournament, it happens every year, and a lot of players are involved, therefore, there is an opportunity for players to cash in if in good form (and vice versa if not in form)! 

Good to see such performances. And yes, too many unnecessary discussions on “don’t have interest in IPL (it is not anyone fault that your team does not do well and that you keep on following such teams. IPL is not just about team India)”, India lacks power hitters (usually comes from Rohit-Kohli fanboys as if the duty of every other batsman is to allow these two to play ODI cricket to stats pad in T20s), and so on.

4 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

1) Rcb got destroyed and Thakur of all people played a memorable knock so that they scored over a 100 runs in the last 7 overs. He also looks slimmer now than he did a month ago somehow.

2) Rahane played an unbelievable knock out of nowhere.

3) Shankar also played a brilliant knock to take GT to 200 by destroying the KKR attack in the last 5. Venky Iyer was the star performer for KKR and when it looked like KKR would run away with the game, stand in captain Rashid Khan took a hat trick to break the back of the run chase and with KKR needing over 29 in the last over. We all know what Rinku Singh did so i won't mention it here save for saying that we should close many of the threads that keep coming up about how there are no finishers, LO hitters etc. Dayal bowled a crap last over and bottled it tho. Suyash the leggie has impressed in both of the last 2 matches.

4) Dhawan also played an ATG IPL innings but unfortunately couldn't make it a ton that was Steve Waugh-esque in it's character considering the situation it came in and helped Punjab post a score that they actually had a hope of defending which didn't look in the slightest possible at the halfway mark in the innings. Markande had an excellent performance with the ball in this match.

Overall the past few days has been the revenge of those who were recently dropped from the Indian team. :phehe: 

:mi: got demolished at the Wankhede against CSK.

I attended the game, but my days of being a lucky charm are long over. :(( 

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

MIs sitara are in gardish. Even sky is out of form. 

Truth be told, I went for Dhoni's inauguration of the seats where that WC winning 6 fell.

The game was an add on.  But this was a total capitulation. 

I've had a good record. :mi: have won around 25 of the ~30 games I've attended over the years.

:jinx:

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Truth be told, I went for Dhoni's inauguration of the seats where that WC winning 6 fell.

The game was an add on.  But this was a total capitulation. 

I've had a good record. :mi: have won around 25 of the ~30 games I've attended over the years.

:jinx:

MI and CSK were the top teams of 2010s. In 2020s, that is not the case (though their fans could take some time to realize and come to terms with that). 

MI has lost its sheen due to players that were wrongly retained (poor auction strategy too) and now need to be replaced, a process that may take years. CSK, once Dhoni retires, will lose its charm too. 

Edited by zen

23 minutes ago, zen said:

MI and CSK were the top teams of 2010s. In 2020s, that is not the case (though their fans could take some time to realize and come to terms with that). 

MI has lost its sheen due to players that were wrongly retained (auction strategy too) and now need to be replaced, a process that may take years. CSK, once Dhoni retires, will lose its charm too. 

:nono:

:mi: will lose its charm once I stop attending the matches.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

:mi: got demolished at the Wankhede against CSK.

I attended the game, but my days of being a lucky charm are long over. :(( 

Interestingly, they were demolished by Mumbai players - Rahane, Ruturaj, Dube, Deshpande and ex-MI player Rayudu

6 hours ago, maniac said:

King Vijay Shankar peaking before yet another worldcup season :hatsoff:

No.4 slot open with Iyer, Pant injured, Sky losing form.

available players in that slot: Kishen, Rahul, Samson all keeper- bats

since we need bowling options never say never :--D @vvvslaxman @Gollum

Shankar was hard done by because he got injured at the most inopportune time the last time out. A certain expert on here who is accused of being a jholachaap has often said he is being played in the wrong format since Indian test team is missing a medium pace AR who bats very well but I don't know much about his domestic exploits. 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

King Vijay Shankar peaking before yet another worldcup season :hatsoff:

No.4 slot open with Iyer, Pant injured, Sky losing form.

available players in that slot: Kishen, Rahul, Samson all keeper- bats

since we need bowling options never say never :--D @vvvslaxman @Gollum

Dunno about white ball but hope we select him for the next NZ tour (tests). Maybe even Eng. As a #6 cum dibbly dobbly medium pacer, he will add a lot of value in those places. Much more than the likes of Iyer, SKY.

7 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Interestingly, they were demolished by Mumbai players - Rahane, Ruturaj, Dube, Deshpande and ex-MI player Rayudu

Scant consolation in the fact that :mi: were demolished by Mumbai players who now ply their trade with arch rivals :csk:

You're looking for a silver lining, where none exists.

Edited by Mariyam