Arjun Tendulkar: lower on pace but has some oomph

maniac

Can’t give up on this kid. Has potential

low on pace but has some zip to his bowling.

have a feeling he will make it 

for those who missed his bowling please see below . Want to see him bat as I think this kid some batting swag too.

Edited by maniac

@express bowling @rkt.india @Suhaan @Mosher @MK55my thoughts are he was trying too hard to get swing and shape and cut down on pace in that process. He still got zip off the surface. While I don’t think he will ever be a 150 bowler he can easily up is speed to 135-140. Got natural seam movement. If his batting is as decent as I think it is and looking at him he comes across as a natural athlete. Something to work with here. Also has all the resources at his disposal.What are your thoughts?

also knowing our seniors especially from the 90’s he will get advice to focus on line/length and swing than to go all out. His daddy obviously being the big daddy of all those seniors I won’t be surprised :giggle:

anyway that’s my assessment.

Edited by maniac

3 minutes ago, Texan said:

Pretty poor bowler. He would have been nowhere close to the MI squad had he not been Sachin's son. I can see some international batsmen taking his bowling apart. At that pace, he has got to move the ball significantly, but I didn't see much of it.

too early man. Can you imagine all the advice in his head and the pressure. He still got the ball in right areas.

Can’t write him off after this. Wasn’t the worst debut or player ever.

29 minutes ago, the don said:

His run up is too intense/fast. 
Needs a more rythmical and natural approach to the crease.

This. Did not watch him much but feel he hasn't got any proper rhythm also run up doesn't match his pace. Probably needs to work with someone like gillespie or have county season.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

also knowing our seniors especially from the 90’s he will get advice to focus on line/length and swing than to go all out. His daddy obviously being the big daddy of all those seniors I won’t be surprised :giggle:

lol this made me laugh.

He looks athletic. I have no idea why his speeds are so low. Get the feeling he ain’t pushing that much. Like at the time of release, something’s lacking with wrist snap and arm speed. His arm speed even looks visually slower. That might be an exaggeration though lol.

I actually wanted to watch him bat. At this point that could be the easiest to ups-skill depending on his base level. 

5 hours ago, Texan said:

Pretty poor bowler. He would have been nowhere close to the MI squad had he not been Sachin's son. I can see some international batsmen taking his bowling apart. At that pace, he has got to move the ball significantly, but I didn't see much of it.

Let's give the boy a break.

He has been in the extended :mi: squad for 3 years now and played his maiden game only yesterday. If Sachin's influence were so all pervasive, Arjun would have made it to the team a lot sooner. 

I don't think that Sachin is of the type who sifarish his kid into a starting XI. He plays fair and square. Sachin values integrity.

I'd argue if Arjun were a random person with this level of talent, he'd just be some other trundler (currently), the infinite ones who dot the IPL and would not be under so much scrutiny and hence pressure. 

His inclusion would not need justification and perhaps he wouldn't feel so obliged to defend his family name.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

@express bowling @rkt.india @Suhaan @Mosher @MK55my thoughts are he was trying too hard to get swing and shape and cut down on pace in that process. He still got zip off the surface. While I don’t think he will ever be a 150 bowler he can easily up is speed to 135-140. Got natural seam movement. If his batting is as decent as I think it is and looking at him he comes across as a natural athlete. Something to work with here. Also has all the resources at his disposal.What are your thoughts?

anyway that’s my assessment.

I want to watch him bowl for 2 or 3 more games before forming an opinion. 

Thankfully oomph and zip cannot be quantified by a metric, but good to know he has plenty of it! Too early to judge as he's very young but looks fairly accurate. For his height and frame I expected that he'll be much quicker. Seems like a very regimental bowler than a pure natural pacer. 

Chill mates, too early to call him a dud. Lets wish him the best and see what he can make of the opportunities. Being a star cricketer's son isn't easy the pressure of expectations will be enormous. If anything it will be way more than what Sachin had on his debut.

Chukte Raho

TC

Arjun has to work really hard, I know he has to encounter some unrealistic expectations...but there is no denying that being a son of a legend, he probably has got best of the facilities that a sportsperson can get.
If he's a bowling allrounder, then he has to compete against Rajvardhan Hangargekar and Yudhvir Singh...and his initial impressions looks lot less than those 2 names.
Hope he improves his pace and atleast bowl in 135-140 range.

He could have been like Ambani’s son for the rest of his life in a similar shape. Looking at the hard yards he put in I see hope.

I think even in Ranji he got better.

you only know his flaws till he actually played a big game. He will keep getting better. I feel.

32 minutes ago, maniac said:

He could have been like Ambani’s son for the rest of his life in a similar shape. Looking at the hard yards he put in I see hope.

I think even in Ranji he got better.

you only know his flaws till he actually played a big game. He will keep getting better. I feel.

There are far too many similar left arm seamers floating around. None of them are good. Moshin Khan is the only one who looked promising.