The semifinals....

Mariyam

India vs NZ   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Am I a great photographer?

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Guys how do I upload the videos?

I have taken a whole host of exciting vids.

Shreyas's 100

Kohli's 100 and his bowing down to Sachin

The anthem

The mid innings Mexican wave (ruined by the Mr and his friend shuffling places)

The sound and light show

Post game shenanigans

Please help me upload the vids here

This was a far better experience vis a vis the 2011 final. Much more relaxed. People were happier and in general more confident than in the 2011 final. That final seemed like a stretch, but this game was breeze through. Speaking of which, there was a good amount of breeze courtesy November.

But no post of mine is complete without me complaining. I purchased the Indian supporters jersey for the game. They had just one size and it was extremely loose. I looked and felt ridiculous. The 2011 jersey was designer wear compared to this. In retrospect I should have worn that one.

Also, since we could source 3 tickets , in spite of having requisitioned for a lot more, it was me, the mr and his friend who ended up going. 3 is a terrible number. The friend totally third wheeled the whole evening. We were seated: the friend: Mr: me and I felt so left out that at some point I had to exchange places with the Mr.

But all that aside, It was a fun game. NZ almost gave us a scare. But I was confident we were winning. And winning easy.

We are so winning the final. SA or Aus won't even run us this close. :icflove:

:isalute::isalute::isalute:

42 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@rangeelaraja can you spot your man crush David Beckham? I Kid I kid

@velu @mishra @Lord Can you spot your fav cricketer Sahcin?

@maniac @Gollum @vvvslaxman @BacktoCricaddict @coffee_rules and all other purists, can you spot Sir Viv James?

I do spot two black men , but the one next to the Ian Smith looking guy has a head full of hair and he is not IVAR. So does the other genbtleman. Guy with the tourist hat isn't he Sir Don Pandya? 

Tru using streamable to upload videos - https://support.streamable.com/article/17-uploading-basics#:~:text=Log into your account and,or Select videos to upload.

40 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I have taken a whole host of exciting vids.

Shreyas's 100

Kohli's 100 and his bowing down to Sachin

The anthem

The mid innings Mexican wave (ruined by the Mr and his friend shuffling places)

The sound and light show

Post game shenanigans

Please help me upload the vids here

Please do post..

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

This was a far better experience vis a vis the 2011 final. Much more relaxed. People were happier and in general more confident than in the 2011 final. That final seemed like a stretch, but this game was breeze through. Speaking of which, there was a good amount of breeze courtesy November.

But no post of mine is complete without me complaining. I purchased the Indian supporters jersey for the game. They had just one size and it was extremely loose. I looked and felt ridiculous. The 2011 jersey was designer wear compared to this. In retrospect I should have worn that one.

Also, since we could source 3 tickets , in spite of having requisitioned for a lot more, it was me, the mr and his friend who ended up going. 3 is a terrible number. The friend totally third wheeled the whole evening. We were seated: the friend: Mr: me and I felt so left out that at some point I had to exchange places with the Mr.

But all that aside, It was a fun game. NZ almost gave us a scare. But I was confident we were winning. And winning easy.

We are so winning the final. SA or Aus won't even run us this close. :icflove:

:isalute::isalute::isalute:

sounds like it was a nice experience overall.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I do spot two black men , but the one next to the Ian Smith looking guy has a head full of hair and he is not IVAR. So does the other genbtleman. Guy with the tourist hat isn't he Sir Don Pandya? 

Tru using streamable to upload videos - https://support.streamable.com/article/17-uploading-basics#:~:text=Log into your account and,or Select videos to upload.

Shall try what you’ve suggested.

IVAR? I’m talking about the SO of Neena Gupta. Can you spot him?

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Imma start by saying that the experience was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. And the match was close to the point of being enjoyable. NZ were never really in it, but they weren't out of it till over 37-38.

All in all, I maintain my 100% record at the Wankhede.

The final in 2011 against SL.

The group stage game earlier this month against SL.

And now the SF against NZ.

Adding some of the many pics for your viewing pleasure:

Anthems.jpeg

Always gives me goosebumps^^

Flags.jpeg

Panorama.jpeg

The guy on the bottom left in the blue formal shirt reminds me of Kumble and his bowling action.

PHOTO-2023-11-15-16-46-30.jpeg

PHOTO-2023-11-15-16-46-40.jpegCan anyone identify all the celebs?

PHOTO-2023-11-15-16-54-50.jpeg

A clearer picture...

PHOTO-2023-11-15-16-46-40.jpeg

PHOTO-2023-11-15-18-19-36.jpeg

Identify the man in black!!!

ae vedya.. bat ka grip..

18 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@rangeelaraja can you spot your man crush David Beckham? I Kid I kid

@velu @mishra @Lord Can you spot your fav cricketer Sahcin?

@maniac @Gollum @vvvslaxman @BacktoCricaddict @coffee_rules and all other purists, can you spot Sir Viv James?

First of all, I may be old but I ain't no purist ;-).

And I couldn't spot Viv Richards in any of the pics. As far as I know the Viv Richards is old and bald and I don't see any old, bald Afro-Caribbean looking guys in any of the pictures. But then again, I am not known for my observational skills.