Australia-my favourites to win World cup

Who will win the 2023 world cup?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2023 world cup?

• Australia
    • India
    • South Africa

Australia-favourites to win semi-final and world cup?Australia-South Africa most fierce world cup rivals ever?

Tomorrow I give Australia a 55% chance and South Africa 45%.The Proteas are more balanced with a better batting line up ,and consistently played better in this world cup.However Australia has superior match-winning killer instinct and professionalism.Often shown vulnerability,particularly in batting in this edition,and bowling attack not given the absolute knockout punch .However in terms of mental resilience and strength ,in my view ,at the top,even ahead of India.

Law of averages or history may catch up and South Africa may triumph,to break jinx of defeats.When batting first no team has been as convincing or effective.Regretfully ,it capitulated against India,but that is only a day.Ofcoures,vulnerable,in run chases.Neverthless,the Kangaroos ,also had their escapes,like at Wankhade last week,against Afghanistan .
Worth noting both have won 3 games against each other,and tied one,in world cups.Also overall,South Africa have won 55 games,as agaisnt Australia's 50,p[laying against each other.
Possibly an Australia -South Africa contest has manifested intensity of tussles at it's unprecedented height ,with unforgettable ebb and flow,in 1999.
History is both against and with South Africa.Jinx may continue,but may well break today.

Overall,I back Australia,to win World cup,even if India is better balanced and better performed.Australia's match-winners may well win the day for them in semis and final.
Still for cricket's sake .I would love a South Africa win,which would do justice for being eluded in the past,after being on the verge of capturing the coveted title.

Australia has peaked at right time.India is more balanced but,the Aussie mental strength or tenacity will come to the fore and killer instinct.It has more potential match winners like David Warner,Steve Smith,Glen Maxwell,Hazelwood Michel Starc,Adam Zampa etc.

No doubt weaknesses in batting as show in earlier games and attack not delivering the knockout punch,but still overshadowed everyone,ion terms of mental resilience.

Difficult to asses impact of win from adversity at Mumbai against Afghanistan ,which was an escape in it's own right ,as much as glorious ressurection.Middle order fragile,but still top match-winner
Edited by Harsh Thakor
2 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:
Australia-favourites to win semi-final and world cup?Australia-South Africa most fierce world cup rivals ever?

Tomorrow I give Australia a 55% chance and South Africa 45%.The Proteas are more balanced with a better batting line up ,and consistently played better in this world cup.However Australia has superior match-winning killer instinct and professionalism.Often shown vulnerability,particularly in batting in this edition,and bowling attack not given the absolute knockout punch .However in terms of mental resilience and strength ,in my view ,at the top,even ahead of India.

Law of averages or history may catch up and South Africa may triumph,to break jinx of defeats.When batting first no team has been as convincing or effective.Regretfully ,it capitulated against India,but that is only a day.Ofcoures,vulnerable,in run chases.Neverthless,the Kangaroos ,also had their escapes,like at Wankhade last week,against Afghanistan .
Worth noting both have won 3 games against each other,and tied one,in world cups.Also overall,South Africa have won 55 games,as agaisnt Australia's 50,p[laying against each other.
Possibly an Australia -South Africa contest has manifested intensity of tussles at it's unprecedented height ,with unforgettable ebb and flow,in 1999.
History is both against and with South Africa.Jinx may continue,but may well break today.

Overall,I back Australia,to win World cup,even if India is better balanced and better performed.Australia's match-winners may well win the day for them in semis and final.
Still for cricket's sake .I would love a South Africa win,which would do justice for being eluded in the past,after being on the verge of capturing the coveted title.

Australia has peaked at right time.India is more balanced but,the Aussie mental strength or tenacity will come to the fore and killer instinct.It has more potential match winners like David Warner,Steve Smith,Glen Maxwell,Hazelwood Michel Starc,Adam Zampa etc.

No doubt weaknesses in batting as show in earlier games and attack not delivering the knockout punch,but still overshadowed everyone,ion terms of mental resilience.

Difficult to asses impact of win from adversity at Mumbai against Afghanistan ,which was an escape in it's own right ,as much as glorious ressurection.Middle order fragile,but still top match-winner

whoever recruits majid khan will win the match.

And yes, I and the veteran ICF posters remember your outre claims about Majid Khan quite well.

@express bowling@Suhaan@Mosher@Gollum@rangeelaraja@SRT100 and more

Edited by Vijy
35 minutes ago, Vijy said:

whoever recruits majid khan will win the match.

And yes, I and the veteran ICF posters remember your outre claims about Majid Khan quite well.

@express bowling@Suhaan@Mosher@Gollum@rangeelaraja@SRT100 and more

I really hope SA knock out Australia, India would rather play SA, as just making the Final would be an achievement for them.

The real bogey team for India will be Australia, they will not fear India and have played many big IPL games in India, so they know what to expect.

I do expect Australia to beat SA, will be a huge surprise if Australia lose.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

How did you come to this conclusion. Was it some advanced analytics or you pulled one out of your whatever.

he pulled it out of the same stuff that said that majid khan is a more "talented" batter than many certified ATGs in tests